Sign in to follow this  
bmwsparkle

resoration project

ok, im thinking of selling the 5 and restoring a 60s/70s/early 80s BMW, Im not really keen on doing a 2002, one reason its going to cost too much for me to buy in the first place, secondly, everyone restores 2002s, i wanna restore something different.

my current things that ive thought of are:

E21 323i - top of the line in its day, i love E21s, ive already had a 320 and that was quite cool, also go for pretty cheap, 1-2g.

3.0 CS/CSi -apparently you can pick these up rather cheap, was talking to a guy, said u can pick up running ones for under a grand sometimes. Very easily subjectable to rust though.

wat do u guys reckon

That 5 looks like a nice car. What will you drive everyday? I personally, could not go BMW-less for long.

I think theres a 3.0 CS on the bmwcc website for sale in need of a resto.

yeah, i talked to a guy with a burgundy bmw 2002 with black vinyl interior, 1 lady owner, apparently mint, all it needs is a paintjob at some point. he mite be selling it.

i wouldnt mind a '02

Like I said, 5 is the sh*t.... goes hard for a big bastard, huge as, comfortable yet handles well, good options eg electrics....

keep the bastard & get a e21 as a project/second car, you can't daily drive one of those wth the sh*t your thinkin of doin....

e21 in rally trim would be tits tho, mmmm gravel

you could sack it on its tits like that rs legacy in palmy & put a "WHERE'S THE GRAVEL AT" sticker on it.... how cool :blink:

I'm saying go the '02, these are awesome, and all about what BMW really is, a drivers car.

Good luck, sounds like a good plan.

Cheers

I HAVE A 3.0 CSI AWSOWE CAR BUT IF YOU CAN FIND ONE FOR UNDER A GRAND THERE WONT BE MUCH STEEL LEFT IN IT, THESE CARS ARE EXPENSIVE TO RESTORE SOME PARTS PRICES ARE, WINDOW RUBBERS $1200 PER SIDE,REAR BUMPER $1400, NOSE PANEL $2300, FRONT GARDS $1000 EA AND THEN YOU HAVE TO PAY THE FREIGHT TO GET THEM IN FROM THE U.K. TO BUY ONE IN REASONABLE CONDITION BE PREPAIRED TO PAY MIMIMUM OF $15,000

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS JUST SEND ME AN E-MAIL I WILL BE GLAD TO HELP

CHEERS WARREN