Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

2009 Cadillac CTS-V beats the BMW M3 and M5 around Nurburgring

Posted Image

Cadillac is really proud of its recent Nurburgring achievement with the 2009 CTS-V bringing in a lap time of 7:59.32. When we heard the news, we were left wondering if the 7:59.32 time of the 2009 CTS-V, which Cadillac says is actually the fastest documented lap time for a production sedan, beat any of its German rivals.

So what German marquees do you leave behind when you drop a 6.3 liter small-block V8 that is closely related to the LS9 found in the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1? Pumping out a total of 550-hp the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V leaves behind a pair of high-performing BMW ‘M’ division cars.

The BMW M5 clocks in at 8:13 while the new 2008 BMW M3 is listed at 8:15. So yes, the Bayerische Motoren Werkes have a lot of work to do.

2009 Cadillac CTS-V:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Looks like the baby lexus, and it goes round corners thats got to be an american first

Dam that looks nice! Quick to, surprised the m5 and the m3 have the same times

that is one HOT looking car! Now that Cadillac is making RHD cars I wonder if it will ever come to NZ?

that first photo of the Ring version hardly looks stock. Also calling a spade a spade.. It takes the yanks 6.3 liters to get 550hp bahahahahhahahaa

Still looks like a fridge.

that first photo of the Ring version hardly looks stock. Also calling a spade a spade.. It takes the yanks 6.3 liters to get 550hp bahahahahhahahaa

Thats an insult to fridges.

It might take them 6.3 litres to make 550hp, but imagine the torque!

Word is they can't make this engine work with RHD so wont be available here.

I concur... i think they must have took those big leather couches out of the back of the cadillac to fit that cage in!!!! The M3 does it stock...... <_<

Agreed, it looks like it may have been tweaked judging by its rid height (yes I know its cornering hard but it looks bloody low to me. Corvette is known to have tweaked a few things when trying to set lap records too.

How did they test a 2009 car? Or is this Cadillac a Delorean in drag.

What did the Nissan GTR do it in again?

Guest Simon*

Don't like it and I'm dubious about the figures and whether the Caddy is stock. Did they count the stop to refill with gas?

I would still rather have the M5 or M3 and is there a hint of nissan about this thing? Like the previous (ugly) SKyline with its stumpy nose and fat arse.

The paint is rude. Really dont like the way the shade changes through the middle. looks like a nissan... pooh

+1 :lol:

It looks to be a good car.

Why be so quick to bag anything that isn't a BMW???

I guess it is a BMW forum, enough said, haha. I personally think it sounds like a decent car, looks ok, nothing to boast about personally.

edit* typos

Edited by Creaver

Guest Simon*

Emotional things cars ;)

I like the E92 M3 but I don't like this - just how I feel.

Given the choice .... easy

+1 :lol:

I just like to bag anything American… Bar the Corvette C6.

Don’t trust those Yanks.

Also a due mention, Cadillac will be sold through Holden NZ dealers as of next year so we might actually see one of these on Kiwi soil!

I wonder if its still an OHV engine like most other "modern" american engines... I like the look of it though