Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

Z8 alpina

Nice retro styling, i'm pretty sure Alpina pulled out the M5/5ltr V8 & dropped in their 4.8ltr M62 engine.

Very strange thing to do, less pwr, bit more torque. Maybe they couldn't afford to do anything to the M engine, still seems a bit pointless???? :unsure:

Thats a dam fine looking car

Nice piccies of it sitting in California. Is it REALLY here?

I was wondering that too. Is it in New Zealand or one of those trade me scammers...... <_<

Guest Simon*

Nice retro styling, i'm pretty sure Alpina pulled out the M5/5ltr V8 & dropped in their 4.8ltr M62 engine.

Very strange thing to do, less pwr, bit more torque. Maybe they couldn't afford to do anything to the M engine, still seems a bit pointless???? :unsure:

There was a Top Gear episode on it. Alpina took the manual box out, changed the motor like you said, played with the interior looks and marked up the price. The thing went hard in a straight line but couldn't really corner.

It seemed like they were aiming at an American market ;) Boulevard cruiser - which is where it is now (or was)

I was wondering that too. Is it in New Zealand or one of those trade me scammers...... <_<

Its here. It appeared on the BMWCC stand at concourse a couple of years back.

Its here. It appeared on the BMWCC stand at concourse a couple of years back.

Interesting. Still ugly as sin IMO

Registered here. Nick owned Ihug. Lovely car. Slower and more expensive than the standard one. I don't know why Alpina did that.

Very nice car though. There are pics of Gus the pimp-meister in it.