Sign in to follow this  
mr E34

MR E34 RAPT AT NEW TUNING FIGURES.

Nice they are some impressive figures

Nice they are some impressive figures

Thanks, especially for an old boat anchor that everyone takes the piss out of.

very good results :P

now just replace that restrictive and heavy exhaust system and mufflers and you should get a little more .

i think gavins e34 alpina B10 got about 142kw at the wheels , and thats with 10.5:1 pistons ,

alpina head work and cam , lighter crank etc ..

Nice work Boris. Hard to believe you get so much power out of the old girl.

Stock exhaust and all!

yea when are you going to fit that system to my car so i cam try it out

cheers brent :D

Nice work, something to consider is that there dyno is the lowest reading dyno I have seen, upto 20kw difference between theirs and Torque Performances..

Your car has about the same power as a mates worked 5.0L VR SS, so about 200kw!! Well done.

Thanks guys, you could release a few more KW's doing the exhaust but as you chaps know it is the law of diminishing returns with N/A, spend a lot for a measly 1,2 or 3 kw.(stock exhaust is twin 50mm, Wayne checked it)

That engine would be at it's max as a stock air pump.

Brent you have my phone number if you wanted a set up, i think Gavin's B10 was auto so you would have to factor in more drive train loss.

Graham (Apex), who knows what the flywheel power is, nobody can tell you exactly,(no tuner will put his name to any fantasy figures) you would have seen plenty on the dyno in your time, how's the Renault? Still love it?

To give you Bimmer chaps some idea, this engine started at 112kw, all the intake was cleaned(throttle body etc etc)ultrasonic cleaning of injectors, new AFM,set up valve train clearance, delivered 123.5kw.(Rob @ Bavarian did all this for me)

The morale of the story is don't just dyno & tweak without getting all the basic requirements done first, all your injectors & intake system have seen a few miles & 20yrs old etc.

Talk to cruncy on Bimmer, he knows alot about engines & has seen different types/configurations.

Simon,the boat anchor delivers more power/TORQUE than a 2.7/2.8 ltr M20 with worked internals at a fraction of the cost.

Edited by mr E34

Thanks guys, you could release a few more KW's doing the exhaust but as you chaps know it is the law of diminishing returns with N/A, spend a lot for a measly 1,2 or 3 kw.(stock exhaust is twin 50mm, Wayne checked it)

That engine would be at it's max as a stock air pump.

Brent you have my phone number if you wanted a set up, i think Gavin's B10 was auto so you would have to factor in more drive train loss.

Graham (Apex), who knows what the flywheel power is, nobody can tell you exactly,(no tuner will put his name to any fantasy figures) you would have seen plenty on the dyno in your time, how's the Renault? Still love it?

To give you Bimmer chaps some idea, this engine started at 112kw, all the intake was cleaned(throttle body etc etc)ultrasonic cleaning of injectors, new AFM,set up valve train clearance, delivered 123.5kw.(Rob @ Bavarian did all this for me)

The morale of the story is don't just dyno & tweak without getting all the basic requirements done first, all your injectors & intake system have seen a few miles & 20yrs old etc.

Talk to cruncy on Bimmer, he knows alot about engines & has seen different types/configurations.

Simon,the boat anchor delivers more power/TORQUE than a 2.7/2.8 ltr M20 with worked internals at a fraction of the cost.

hmmm sell boat anchor or make it even more likeable.......