Sign in to follow this  
Yuen

1990 BMW E34 M5

At last... Good to see one priced sensibly. Looks tidy too

Guest Simon*

Im already working out when I can get up there !

Is it really Jock's old car ?

I'm unsure but that would make for a nice legacy - keeping it in the family so to speak

Just found his old posts and yes its Jocks. Will have to see how the auction goes.

Just buy it, Martyn...

I think this is your next car Yuen???

I wish! Who wouldn't want S38B36 power... but not at this point in time. Iinteresting to hear it's Jock's old car, really hope it goes to one of us then. Do it Martyn. I think the colour and the interior are all a great combo - white is the new black :D

thats the same place that has(had) the e 39 540 six speed isnt it....they would prolly trade the touring Martyn

easy peasy,,drive in one drive out the other..all over and done with in a few minutes....

I tried that already, they said they werent interested. He reckoned it took them 3 years to sell the last touring they had !!

I tried that already, they said they werent interested. He reckoned it took them 3 years to sell the last touring they had !!

Remember this is Autohaus Rotorua. They'd probably try and put $35K on your touring!!!

Remember this is Autohaus Rotorua. They'd probably try and put $35K on your touring!!!

That brings up an interesting point - why is the reserve of this M5 so reasonable compared to their previous listings? Does it not belong to them and they're helping the owner out by listing it for him?

dont know,but last time i asked they still had the e39 six speed from god knows when.....obviously although a rare car the premium they are asking is too much even for auto phobes like me

Wasnt me :(

He was quite prepared to remove it as long as he got something around his reserve. Just wish I had the cash sitting around to be able to do it. But with not knowing how long it might take to sell the touring (and the taxman wanting his pound of flesh soon) I just couldnt justify it.

Edited by Penry

Aww :( Are you still going to try and sell the Touring?

Reserve = $12,900. Was a good deal if everything is in good cond.

Yep, the touring is going. Ill stick the money in the bank in the hope another M5 comes up.

He said he traded the car at 15k (which was his reserve) but he would take anything around that. Cracking car for the price, whoever has it is a very lucky person.

Sounds like a plan Martyn, cross your fingers ;) I thought the reserve was $15k as well, but at the end of the auction it says $12,900.

It is definately Jock's old car. He sold it to the proprieter of the Goodyear Tyre shop in Taupo. It is an excellent car in really good condition. I have driven this car and it goes like a rocket. I own the the sister car to it (in Macau Blue) with a similar mileage. If you can get it for under $20 grand then you will have an absolute bargin. Mine is for sale but the price is over $20k for it. Good luck.

It is definately Jock's old car. He sold it to the proprieter of the Goodyear Tyre shop in Taupo. It is an excellent car in really good condition. I have driven this car and it goes like a rocket. I own the the sister car to it (in Macau Blue) with a similar mileage. If you can get it for under $20 grand then you will have an absolute bargin. Mine is for sale but the price is over $20k for it. Good luck.

How about 15k???

I didnt see that Yuen. He just told me anything around 15 would be enough. It was a hard decision to make but in the end I need to sell the touring first :(