Sign in to follow this  
jrgb

BMW Z3 M Coupe at RaceFX Henderson

As mentioned in my previous post, RaceFX in Henderson are currently working on a number of different BMW racecar projects. Check out the body mods being made to a Z3 M Coupe racecar...

post-1258-1211636532_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1211636595_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1211636672_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1211636741_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1211636837_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1211636905_thumb.jpg

Cheers, John

Edited by John B

Wow that looks awsome, i want one, what motor is going/in it?

Wow that looks awsome, i want one, what motor is going/in it?

This is an existing racecar that has been racing with standard bodywork, and a fairly standard 3.2 litre engine. The Customer is getting RaceFX to totally rebuild the car, modify the engine, and design / construct the body kit.

This is an existing racecar that has been racing with standard bodywork, and a fairly standard 3.2 litre engine. The Customer is getting RaceFX to totally rebuild the car, modify the engine, and design / construct the body kit.

I'm wondering if this is the same one that i went for a ride in at taupo last year? Can't remember the guys name.

There is a race ready one down here.....silver/gray,he does the open class series ,and he did the opening round of the intermarque too.Its pretty quick i dont thinks its standard

Some pretty wide Beyerns there... 10" wide? You just can't beat the Z3 M Coupe for that crazy, wild look. With those mods it just takes it to another level :D It's a very nice colour too.

Thats awsome!

There is a race ready one down here.....silver/gray,he does the open class series ,and he did the opening round of the intermarque too.Its pretty quick i dont thinks its standard

The Wellington Z3 M Coupe is owned by Malcolm Abernathy, and is a similar spec to this Auckland car. This car is owned by Paul Mills and has already raced one season in the BMW Open Class. It's currently being 'rebuilt' (as opposed to 'built') and should be alot quicker than last season.

Some pretty wide Beyerns there... 10" wide? You just can't beat the Z3 M Coupe for that crazy, wild look. With those mods it just takes it to another level :D It's a very nice colour too.

Those wheels are 9.5" and are available through RaceFX. They're bloody good value. Talk to Andy ( Ph. 09-838 3250 ) for pricing.

Are you still building anything John? or are you keeping the Almac?

Gidday Dave. Long time no see! The Almac Sabre is still for sale . But major change of direction with the Z4 racecar project!

Ultimately I want to build a racing version of the Z4 M Coupe, but, because the Coupes were still pretty expensive secondhand, I decided to buy the 2004 Roadster, and turn it into a Coupe using roof & hatch panels from BMW. Unfortunately this has proved impossible!

I also found it impossible to find a good 3.2 litre engine / box for the project, so bought a complete Z3 M Coupe ex-Japan with the intention of using all the running gear.

BUT, it all started to get too complicated, time-consuming, labour-intensive, and (potentially) expensive. So the Z3 Coupe has been sold, the Z4 Roadster is for sale, and I’m in the process of buying a Z4 M Coupe. Much better idea – should have done this right from the start, and not waste 6 months buggerising round with these other cars! I’ll post additional info as soon as I have more details / images.

Cheers, John

Edited by John B