Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

Lots of E30 M325's for sale

Guest Simon*

Is it just me or are there heaps of E30 M325's and other 325i manuals for sale on trademe at the moment?

And the price of them is noticeably dropping too

The four I just found don't look particularly low priced - more that they look rattier than the ones that have been appearing in the last few months.

Couldn't see any Mtech II's for sale still.

Rubs hands together..

Mate all cars are dropping in price.. For a laugh, look at what cars are worth in Ausi!

M3-NZ

M3-Ausi

How do you use link??

Guest Simon*

How do you use link??

Link?

Yeah agreed all cars are dropping - the NZ vs OZ car comparison is always an eye opener isn't it! Unless you've resigned yourself to 'Coons or Commies

I just wish we had tighter import rules like they do in Ausi, USA, England and the rest Europe.

When Government opened the flood gates to use and abused Japanese imports it was done with the intention of removing junk from our roads….20 years later it has come back around tenfold and has in my opinion wrecked our auto industry and had a detrimental effect on our economy not to mention the boy racer problem.

I am looking for a new car at the moment and have been observing the amount of Japanese crap for sale on our market. It’s almost ten to one.

Sorry I know this has nothing to-do with E30’s, it’s have a rant Wednesday :P

I worked out the link B)

I just wish we had tighter import rules like they do in Ausi, USA, England and the rest Europe.

When Government opened the flood gates to use and abused Japanese imports it was done with the intention of removing junk from our roads….20 years later it has come back around tenfold and has in my opinion wrecked our auto industry and had a detrimental effect on our economy not to mention the boy racer problem.

Yeah I tend to agree with you here Graeme.

All the junk on the road also doesn't look good, many of the cars are dangerous, and there is too many clogging up the roads.

+1. Pros and Cons - price of used cars came down with imports, but at the severe cost of our assembly plants around the country... the floodgates opened and the crap (wound back, worn-out engines/flooded junk) started creeping in with the good stuff! We should have had stricter regulations to stop these abused cars from getting on shore in the first place!

Ahh I remember the Mitsubishi plant in Porirua in its heyday... pity about the NZ new prices at the time (not that I could afford it, I was a kid).

Has anyone flicked through those old 1980s coffee table books about NZ cities? It's amazing to see those pics of Wellington's The Terrace and Lambton Quay (for example) parked full of boxy 1980s cars. You'd be surprised to see just one mint oldschool Jap box on the streets today, amongst all that pimped-out, fibreglass crap! Call it nostalgia...

You just have to appreciate the little grannies who still keep their old early 80s Civic or Nissan in mint condition - i.e. garaged more than driven.

My rant of the day...

There is only one way to get the junk off the road and thats to make the WOF testing more stringent.

I have no problems bringing in cheap Jap alternatives, but its only any good if those driving the crap cars are forced to take them off the road in the first place.

[edit] mcduck has just made an excellent point, when I say 'cheap Jap alternatives' I dont include the rubbish that initially flooded the market.

Edited by Penry

I agree they need bring in tougher WOF rules.

I think we need to stop used imports. I find it hilarious is that New Zealanders are buying unwanted cars from Japan, Singapore and Malaysia?? It’s like we are a refuse for other countries junk, hell half of NZ even buy there used tires.

Is it just me or are there heaps of E30 M325's and other 325i manuals for sale on trademe at the moment?

And the price of them is noticeably dropping too

Great for those of us that are currently looking at buying one.

Although many of them have been on there a long time. Of the six i found 3 have been on there for months and the others have had a few re lists.

Yea only one Tech II which is a shame

Great for those of us that are currently looking at buying one.

Although many of them have been on there a long time. Of the six i found 3 have been on there for months and the others have had a few re lists.

Yea only one Tech II which is a shame

Why is everyone after facelift models? There are two quite nice pre-f/l M325i's listed at $10k ono each. If I was buying an E30 M325i, pre-f/l would be what I was after. These are the classic, the first iconic model. In terms of future value I bet facelifts won't rise as much.

Has anyone got any pictures of some BBs RS on a tech 1?

Who else wants that black prefacelift M325 for $6500 baaaaaaaaaad?

I want it baaaaaaaaad.

Over here in the UK , Mtech 2's are holding their value much better than Mtech 1s (mainly because the tech 1's are all rusty). a nice 325i Sport tech 2 is around 2/3 the value of an m3 (varying of course, but still a decent amount). The look alone and the fact they are generally in better condition seem to ensure they hold values much better.

They are really only worth heaps in 100% stock condition...for driving they probably overpriced...its a pity nice 325i's are not common enough in NZ

What sort of price for a tech 1 vs a tech 2?(similar condish etc)

I think we need to stop used imports. I find it hilarious is that New Zealanders are buying unwanted cars from Japan, Singapore and Malaysia?? It’s like we are a refuse for other countries junk, hell half of NZ even buy there used tires.

Used tires yes, but used cars are not necessarily junk - imho it is more that Japan/Singapore are over zealous in taxing perfectly good older cars off the road.

Why is everyone after facelift models? There are two quite nice pre-f/l M325i's listed at $10k ono each. If I was buying an E30 M325i, pre-f/l would be what I was after. These are the classic, the first iconic model. In terms of future value I bet facelifts won't rise as much.

I wouldn't count on (or expect for that matter) any M325i appreciating significantly - certainly not enough to offset the cost of keeping it in sufficiently good condition. Nice cars, but not sufficiently special.

Used tires yes, but used cars are not necessarily junk - imho it is more that Japan/Singapore are over zealous in taxing perfectly good older cars off the road.

Yay, finally someone speaks some sense. Especially true with Japan as that is one way they keep there automotive industry ticking over. You can hardly call a 6 year old BMW Junk! Singapore has similar policy but its more about Tax take for the goverment.

Could you imagine the price of cars in NZ without imports? 20K 1989 318 anyone? I don't want to go back to the early 80's.

Anyway I intend on having a look at this one . which incidentally is a Import a tourist delivery but a used import no less

Exactly, cars would cost more. More expensive cars means less people on the roads, more expensive cars means they would be better looked after and most likely held onto for longer, more expensive cars would slow the ridiculous about of lending going on and make finance harder to obtain.. Well that’s the way I see it. Im not saying things should be like they were in the 80’s, but somewhere in between would be nice.

Owning a car and driving are both privileges.

Guest Simon*

Wouldn't a compulsory insurance scam (scheme) be a good alternative to having all the sh*t and the hopeless morons we have flooding onto our roads currently?

I wouldn't count on (or expect for that matter) any M325i appreciating significantly - certainly not enough to offset the cost of keeping it in sufficiently good condition. Nice cars, but not sufficiently special.

Oooooooooooohhh! :unsure:

I agree with you, but i'm sure many people on here won't!

Exactly, cars would cost more. More expensive cars means less people on the roads, more expensive cars means they would be better looked after and most likely held onto for longer, more expensive cars would slow the ridiculous about of lending going on and make finance harder to obtain.. Well that’s the way I see it. Im not saying things should be like they were in the 80’s, but somewhere in between would be nice.

Owning a car and driving are both privileges.

Gee we could fix all the country's Ill's if we could just get rid of those dam imports!

A little reported fact for the last couple of years NZ total vehicle fleet has been getting smaller. This will speed up with the rising cost of fuel pretty soon you will have your Utopian world where only the rich can drive cars. This year over 100,000 vehicles will de-registered NZ

And no I don't sell or Import cars

Edited by #14

Two points.

Apex, IMO more expensive cars mean people hold on to the sh!te they have already. Get the cheap imports in as an alternative and get the crap off the road by failing wof's.

Simon/Jeremy, I think its a joke that third party insurance is not compulsory. If you cant afford the insurance then you cant afford the car, its as simple as that. Why should I pay for someone elses inability to get a job that pays for their lifestyle ?....oh hold on I do that with my taxes already <_<

I think its a joke that third party insurance is not compulsory. If you cant afford the insurance then you cant afford the car, its as simple as that. Why should I pay for someone elses inability to get a job that pays for their lifestyle ?....oh hold on I do that with my taxes already <_<

Totally agree

Totally agree

DITTO!!! When are the bloody powers that be going to wake up & smell the roses??