Sign in to follow this  
jjs

BMW M7

8L/100km eh? I'd be surprised - the M3 can't do that driving a steady 100kph in 6th, and it weighs less, has a smaller engine, and no bling bling chromies adding 10kg of unsprung weight .... per corner.

If he want's to call it "M" who cares - plenty of M318is out there.

Us muppets take offense to that :P

Didn't know BMW did factory bulletproof windows - Cambridge must be a dangerous place. :lol:

yep drugs lots of drugs :wacko:

Baghdad, Moscow, Washington DC, Mexico City and Cambridge. Learn something every day!!

yeah I think he is stretching the fuel economy just a wee bit. I went to Gizzy and back last year in a 740 and got it down to about 9.8l/100km, and that was driving rather economically!

Edited by zenetti

Are those Ford V8 badges?

Yup, off an Explorer. Pure class...

Haha, 1000km's!!! The 540 does 14.4l/100km and he says a 7 does 8l/100km. I don't think so!

I've got a 99 E38 740i - 9l/100km is what I can get on a trip (Auckland to Wellington via masterton and the Rimutaka hill. It's pretty impressive. It's about 11l/100km on the commute Wellingto the Upper Hutt (if driven carefully).

Of course I bought it for the V8 power and so usually get about 14l/100km. Its economy suffers if you are doing start stop driving / round town etc. Interestingly the BNW manual claims pretty good fuel economy - but it's raing so I'm not getting it from the car to check.

He states on his new auction that the 740 has a 95L fuel tank... Really??

740i has 85 litre tank

750i has 95 litre tank

Just checked the manual!

Us muppets take offense to that :P

Didn't know BMW did factory bulletproof windows - Cambridge must be a dangerous place. :lol:

This probably confused him (from manual):

Break-resistant security glass

The glass installed on all side windows

and the rear window is designed to offer

resistance to breakage and vandalism.

Each break-resistant window contains

several layers of clear synthetic

plastic film sandwiched between the inner

and outer glass panes. In addition,

another film is applied to the inner surface

of the glass (facing the passenger

compartment). This film prevents the

glass, if shattered, from spreading into

the passenger compartment.

aren't you all picky picky! ha ha

aren't you all picky picky! ha ha

yeah maybe a little bit but there is a huge difference between 'break resistant' and bullet proof.

Wow compared to these figures my 525i is an absolute gas guzzler, my current fuel economy is anywhere between 12.7 - 13.0 L/100KM. Everything is serviced, new Michelin tyres, no excess weight, I always watch my driving style (don't accelerate really fast etc) yet it is still comparably very high - I don't even dare touch sports mode! Environment wise It's 60% motorway, 40% around town/suburbs.

I don't understand how this fuel efficiency labeling system works, does it base it on purely highway driving... I mean looking at these two value... The cars' engines are twice as large as mine - yet are more fuel friendly, not even taking the added weight into account.

1). http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-116344897.htm

2006 750i --> 11.5L /100KM

2). http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-141033305.htm

2007 X5 4.8I --> 12L/ 100KM

Also... Lol @ the ad in the first link, stating "These were $235,000" it's quite a pity he doesn't add in the "13 years ago, brand new with no Ks on the clock" bit.

Edited by Avenged.SSE

It’s called technology. When I got the 545i (BMW N62) I reset the trip computer and over two tanks our average is bellow 10ltr/100km. they have put a lot of effort into the new BMW’s to keep them efficient, on cruise control mine will coast at every opportunity it can and sits at under 2000rpm at nearly 110kph. It seems to do something strange when idling and tooting around also, fells like it disengages something.

BMW claimed 10.7 averages and I don’t doubt that for one second, just compare that to a Holden/Ford V8 car weighing the same with the same performance.

I do really like that V8 badge, I might just order one and put an M badge next to it!

haha it looks ok if thats what you like but its bastardised.

My 740 is a tank. I drive it pretty had. Best economy I had out of it was 9.5l/100km from auckland to tauranga return. Usually i average 13 and sometimes depending on my foot have been known to get up to 20l/100km, but thats extream