Sign in to follow this  
User Name

1990 735 engine vs m30b35

Hi Guys

i was just wundering what kinda mish it would be putting a m62 engine i think it is into a e28, or if anyones intreseted i found one for a 1k thats running,

i was thinking about getting it for myself then realised that i would have to take the auto aswell and ive bourght a manual conversion for my m30 engine

but would it be worth putting a newer engine in my car or just go with the m30 engine and flag spending big cash on certs etc

Cheres

much easier to stick with m30 - i would hazard a guess the m62 is really only worth it if going for the 4.4L.

at least putting a 3.5 it maintains some originality - meaning you might actually be able to sell it if you ever wanted to

good luck!

Hey Kym,

There is alot you can do with a m30, Cam & head work will give around 240 - 260 with headers and better breathing, you will spend around 3 - 4k to get that improvement, with a big leap in tourqe as well, this will mean that you would be around a similar cost to V8 engine and trans.

I am ( as funds and time allow ) putting a V8 & auto into an e23, so can let you know how much it will all cost if I am ahead of you..........

Who has the V8 for 1k ?

Our you could talk to Topcat and do a deal on his turbo m30 that is sitting in his e28, it is a bit of a beast from all accounts............

That would be a fun way to travel sideways.........

Good luck with it.

A guy down in wellywood its being sitting round for ages like 1yr its kinda funny someone hasnt come at night and taken stuff off it lolz.

Yea i will prob just work on the m30, yea ive had a look at topcats one but didnt manage to get the finance for the whole thing which sux,

so i decided i would do my interior and engine swap, then do the aftermarket work on it.

the most funny thing i went to mag and turbo to price turbo's and they said a little evo 3 turbo would work, and i was like its not a matchbox car.... going to need something bigger they wernt much help lolz

Yea with headers etc, will hopefully get it done as a perky but im going to start taking pics so i can put a post up on my project once i get started more