Sign in to follow this  
M3AN

e36 M3 3.2 6 Speed

EDIT: OLD AD SEE POST DATES, NOT CURRENTLY FOR SALE

Hi there,

I'm moving overseas so unfortunately my M3 has to go... it's a truly fantastic car, check out the TradeMe classified and email me questions or an offer. There's a bargain to be had here.

Classified Ad - Click Here

Happy to hear your opinions on price.

Dave

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Guest Simon*

Nice car Dave

Shame you have to sell. I like the wording of your ad too ;)

Sounds like everything possible's been done. Good luck with the sale, it must be one of the better examples around

Cheers

Simon

Nice car mate, I've looked at your ad a few times. Didn't realise you were a member on here as I wasn't around that long ago. Your car looks very nice, love the colour and the mods.

Price-wise, for what you're asking I'd say you need to wait around for the right buyer and who knows when that is. $25k might be a better price point. Reasons:

- I remember there was an ex-HK Estoril Blue E36 M3 that sat around on TM for quite a while, and I think it went down to about 25k. Yours is NZ New, but that one also had quite a few ACS mods.

- With the release of the E92/E90 M3 E46 M3 prices are only going to keep dropping, so 30k for an E36 M3 might be a hard sell.

Why is it an Individual btw?

Cheers guys, it's amazing how little interest there is, I may auction it from $20k next week (reserve will be higher!) if there are no bites, nobody has even sent me a stupid offer... oh well.

"Dove Vader" I like... :)

It's an Individual because of the colour options, Estoril, Dark Trim, Light Premium Leather - a unique and really nice combination. Special order from BMW.

Tell your friends... !!

I see - I thought it might be the doors or something else that made it an Individual, as I thought Estoril Blue and Dove Grey were standard M3 options? Do you mean the Dove Grey interior + black door panels (vs standard grey panels on Dove Grey interiors) is part of the Individual option? Your combo looks the best, IMO. It goes really well with Estoril.

Good luck with the sale, the new owner will be one lucky guy.

Very nice car, colour combo is great, and those RC's are hot.

G/L with the sale Dave.

- I remember there was an ex-HK Estoril Blue E36 M3 that sat around on TM for quite a while, and I think it went down to about 25k. Yours is NZ New, but that one also had quite a few ACS mods.

I looked at that car and was close to buying it - the seller and I couldn't agree on price (and he withdrew it from sale and is going to keep it). He had an opening bid of $25k and reserve/buy now of $27.5k. He'd had very little interest at the over $25k level (i was slightly sub $25k). It had a pre-purchase inspection from Jerry Claytons which didn't identify anything too serious. I can't blame the guy for keeping it since it was a really nice car/colour and he is overseas but planning on returning eventually.

M3AN - Your car is probably in slightly nicer condition (not that I've seen it), and NZ new and those wheels are a bonus (the other car was ex-HK). The major positive to his car was it basically had a full ACS kit - 18" wheels, body, steering wheel, etc, plus certed Sachs adjustable suspension, although the ACS bits and suspension do not necessarily improve value much IMHO.

I bought my 4 door Evo - NZ new and FSH from BMW for each service over its 100k km - for $22k and it needed ~$1000 worth of "stuff" (new front tyres, new control arm bushings, a 110k km service, etc). I think coupes are worth more, and Estoril is the best colour (by far), and your wheels are hawt.

Let me just say for starters - your car is my dream M3. Its the right colour, year, engine - everything. I would love to buy it but sadly it is just (nad only just) outside my means. Sadly the M3 that I bought about 1 and a half months ago is sick and will be going back to the dealer for a refund on Tuesday. I have an engine misfire that despite $2000 of exhaust work is still present. It drops a cylinder at idle. Very unusual for an M3!?! Mate, if things get desperate give me a call (021924942). I promise that at this stage I wont tyre kick. It's a beautiful car and with the right buyer, it will sell. Very envious of you though :-) Good luck, Dave! - Dylan

Nice car with awesome wheels :)

I'd buy if I was in the market for an M.

Good luck.

Same boat as dylan, flick me a message if things get desperate. I am in the market for an M3 but my current price range is for the 3.0 models.

Edited by crazyarab

Mint car mate, very nice.

take it you have the M3AN plate too?, is that for sale too :D? awesome plate

OMG... bump.

I didn't even remember putting this up for sale... $30k in 2008 and no bites. I put it in storage for 6 years and now it's possibly worth close to $30k having dropped to $18k (~2010) and rebounding... and i'd forgotten I'd had the clutch replaced with an OE one by TM BMW... bonus.

Edit: and that ad was appalling... for a start it's not even "Dove" it's "Lotus White" lol.

Edited by M3AN

have you raced it against your 130 yet?  Also I need advanced notice if you ever do sell it hahaha.... need to clear out the garage

1 hour ago, mzhu031 said:

have you raced it against your 130 yet?  Also I need advanced notice if you ever do sell it hahaha.... need to clear out the garage

Still working out how to drive them both at the same time. ?

Rest assured, the M3 is faster.

• Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2008 at 4:26 PM, M3AN said:

It's an Individual because of the colour options, Estoril, Dark Trim, Light Premium Leather - a unique and really nice combination. Special order from BMW.

It's only the lotus leather on the seats that make this an Individual optioned car, all the other bits are non-SABI available codes, Estoril, dark trim, etc. all commonly available. The combination of colour options makes no difference either, it's only the Z1XX Upholstery code.

14 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

It's only the lotus leather on the seats that make this an Individual optioned car, all the other bits are non-SABI available codes, Estoril, dark trim, etc. all commonly available. The combination of colour options makes no difference either, it's only the Z1XX Upholstery code.

Yes, I realise this now (more than a decade of acquired knowledge later) hence my observation that the ad was appalling. ?