Sign in to follow this  
Silver Fox

E28 Race car.

Guest Ari Gold

That's awesome dave! Still waiting to hear from our boy, re: mounts, i'll email him again this evening.

thats pretty good . a long way for me to get there i think

Wow, that's quick, that's about the same as some of the E30M3's isn't?

Any idea how much the beast weighs?

Quite a lot quicker than the standard E30 M3's, but not as quick as the worked ones.

Weighs in at a massive 1280 kgs at the moment, hope to get it down a bit more yet.

nice times! pimping! needs more orange

Well, just bought a E23 745i for the S38B35 engine for the racecar. Will post pics when I get it home in a few weeks. With this, and my dogleg close ratio box, with the right diff, I hope to give some of the E36 M3's a bit of a fright. :lol: Be fun anyway.

yeehoo exciting

Hey that is great news David. Now you and Brent can both have M5 motors. You may be in for a surprise next time you pit your lightened E28 against his tight good handling car. May be good timing to get that engine installed.

And by the way, if you have any 3.5 motor bits around that may help my old red e28 then let me know (eg extractors). I need more speed so I can keep watch of you two for a little longer before you dissappear out of sight.

OK, seems to have been a slow day in the office for most of you guys judging by some of the threads on here tonight, so see if you can come up with some ideas for me.

The E28's gone in for a new coat of white paint, should get it back on Monday next week, and need some ideas for a vinyl scheme to make it stand out.

Also going to get a new heart, not the M88 yet, but a new M30. The head's getting ported and flowed, and has come back with a flow rate for around 350 HP, so now I need all the rest to get it as close as I can.

Looking at around a 304 cam, any comments on that?

Have a set of stainless headers for it, and am going to run with the E34 intake and port the head to match, I'm using the earlier head but adding the larger E34 valves as the air flows quite a lot faster, so more torque.

Then it's off to Gavin at Hi Velocity for a full remap and tune.

And I have that lovely close ratio box and 3.46 LSD to add as well as a set of Whiteline sways, and a full set of new arms and bushes for the underside.

Bring on the new season.

Edited by Silver Fox

What about something similar to the Wilson Security Falcon V8 Supercars paint scheme? You could add some green translucent vinyl to the headlights and instead of being 'the taxi' it can be 'the green eyed monster' :D I reckon it'd look cool as.

post-3292-1245659254_thumb.jpg

Having seen the car in the flesh at the Hamilton 400, I would say they had the best color scheme in the field. Maybe a change from the black highlights to a more bmw color like blue or something would look awesome. And fluro green wing mirrors to match the headlights :D

Looking at around a 304 cam, any comments on that?

Bringing only my M10 knowledge (and I think M30 is effectively 1.5x M10), you'll need to be careful on rocker selection and/or valve springs and ensure piston to valve clearance.

Oh, and PM sent on another matter.

If you are going to try for sponsorship then leave it a blank canvas, otherwise put some orange flames on it and stick huge bimmersport stickers on it

Good stuff fox!

My vote:

Posted Image

Edited by Quailboy

Good stuff fox!

My vote:

Posted Image

You getting arches like that David?

The front air dam and those arches are around $2500 for me to land herePosted Image, so what do you think?

This is still my favourite Foxy :P

post-2707-1245795322_thumb.jpg...

Although maybe Stevo doesn't have the legs for copying that photo!

I do know of an automotive company in Palmy that is branching into fibreglass panels :ph34r: , might be able to help with arches and front air dam?

ahhh, Daisy Daisy Daisy :rolleyes:

Interested Jon.

Edited by Silver Fox