Sign in to follow this  
Silver Fox

E28 Race car.

Nah, car's on the market if you hear of anyone after one. I'll pit for Stevo, and run the open class. I guess it comes down to wanting to be able to do a bit more and go a bit faster, I hope. :rolleyes:

Nah, car's on the market if you hear of anyone after one. I'll pit for Stevo, and run the open class. I guess it comes down to wanting to be able to do a bit more and go a bit faster, I hope. :rolleyes:

'I wanna go fast!' - Ricky Bobby

Maybe we can shake n bake each other?

Main thing is to go faster than the Series E30's........ :angry:

Edited by Silver Fox

What year is your E28??

Are you using the later rear-end??

I forget what year it changed.

Any updated/cage pics?

The shell's an 87 525ee, cage has been delayed for a couple of weeks. Will post pics when in. Cheers.

standard for this season, with free flow exhaust, building a new motor for next year with some major mods.

Could be some competition for Gerry then?? ;);););)

Hope so, could be 2 or 3 E28's running some time this season I hear?

I must give Stephen Mchugh a call and crank him up, he has a 535i that he raced at our first or second meeting, and then there is the red 535i which has done a few meetings, and has a new engine I hear. We could introoduce an "M30 Cup" for you guys??!!!!

I must give Stephen Mchugh a call and crank him up, he has a 535i that he raced at our first or second meeting, and then there is the red 535i which has done a few meetings, and has a new engine I hear. We could introoduce an "M30 Cup" for you guys??!!!!

does m30 with twincam 24v apply too???? :rolleyes:

Already got a few of them running, 635's. Might be fun Conrad. :)

Edited by Silver Fox

Hope so, could be 2 or 3 E28's running some time this season I hear?

I always think of my car as an E28.. I'm not sure why but I'd love to join the club.

Well, the wiring saga started last week, got the wiring details for the E34 and E28, courtesy of our good friend Jochen, thanks. The problem was that the E34 loom has a round plug to the fuse box and the E28 has an oblong one. The E34 also has twice as many wires, but you don't need them all, thank goodness. Spent many hours pouring over the pics and finally started splicing them together, with some help from Hotwire, thanks Grant. Finally plugged the E34 loom into the E28, and turned the key, and nothing. :wacko: Got the battery light, but nothing else. Then had to start tracing wires and checking power, and guess what.... previous owner had cut the power feed to the ignition and the power to the starter. :angry: Turned the key tonight and the motor turns over, lots of smiles :D:D:D , don't want to start it, no exhaust or radiator plumbed in yet. Next will be down to the local exhaust wiz for a full free flow system :wub: . Have kept a copy of the wiring if anyone decides to put an E34 into an E28.

Only if you poked both my eyes out Alex. :angry:

How did I miss this thread?

Will look forward to seeing you at the track in it. Just out of curiosity, how much do you think you'll be asking for your e30 car. I have been wondering about the cost of a tried, tested and sorted e30 car for a few months.

I'm after $14,000 for it with the new cam and chip fitted. It has a fully rebuilt engine, new rings bearings etc and has had most of the bushes changed for nolathane. Runs very well.

referred to from Mike's 6 series race car thread....any updates? :)

How did I miss this thread?

+1! I must be blind, never seen it.

Looks like a fantastic project. Keen for updates as well!

Well, it lives. :wub: Finally got it running today, early xmas present for me.

The engine which I bought off Tardme as a runner, was 180 degrees out of time, reset the timing today and it went first time.

Would like to thank Dan Slater of Slater Fabrication for his work on the cage, he's a top class fabricator if anyone needs anything done, over in Glenfield. He told me this morning the timing was out and he was right.

Has the seat and harness in, and sitting on schnitzer reps, 17x8 and slicks.

post-1118-1229829781_thumb.jpg post-1118-1229829794_thumb.jpg

post-1118-1229829811_thumb.jpg post-1118-1229829826_thumb.jpg

post-1118-1229829842_thumb.jpg post-1118-1229829856_thumb.jpg

post-1118-1229829872_thumb.jpg post-1118-1229829885_thumb.jpg

post-1118-1229829899_thumb.jpg