Sign in to follow this  
petone

F**K!

Hey all, really shitty thing happened yesterday.

I was jacking up car to install new shocks and I had to use the standard jack cos of where i was place the axle stands. Anyway I was doing the back right and I'm winding it up. I had my hand over the top of the jack to steady it. Then all of a sudden theres this bang and the car is stitting on the hand, my hand was trapped between the top of the jack and the body panel just behind the door. I was screaming in agony while my mate who luckily came to see how i was going tried to get the car off me.

Anyway i somehow managed not to break any bones although my hand is twice its normal size. The stupid piece of sh*t jack had collapsed at the bottom. Not happy at all, to make things even worse the is now a nasty dent where the car was siting on me. So thru no fault of my own I have a f**ked up hand, a big dent, a broken jack and still the same old shock in my car.

Guest WAGON

that really f**king sucks dude

hmm reminder to never touch a standard jack again :(

:beer: and/or :drugs: takes the pain away

Damn you're a lucky boy.

Chalk one point up for fate... even though you may not have broken anything there may be soft tissue damage, make sure you look after that hand eh.

Guest WAGON

just thinking about that its insane :(

my mate let his car down on my foot once

pain

and broken foot :(

I had a trolley jack but the lowering thing is in a really stupid position, I would have put it under the diff but then I wouldn't have been able to lower it. And I couldn't use it on factory jack points cos then I wouldn't have been able to put my axle stands there. Still, could have happened on the side of the road or something.

One good thing though, the doc reccomended plenty of :beer: I try get pics of dent and bent jack.

Guest WAGON

now you have an excuse to drink lots

hope she heals all good and you have had no more trouble

Guest Andrew

dude - that sucks. However big reminder.. never work under jacks! You can put the axle stands under the subframe or chassis rails. Even when using the stock jack.

320i with axle stands on subframe.

post-2-1090734509.jpg

sucks to be you bro.

get your hand better !!

oUCH. my old neighbour and i were checking out an old 300zx fairlady once on my slightly inclined street. he jacked it up with the hand brake off and lay down underneath it. WTF??? anyway the car rolled back and off the jack. lucky he used to be a powerlifter and he bench pressed the car whilst i ran behind it and pushed it up the hill. if u can't find axle stands ( shame on u) chuck your wheel that you just took off the car under it , better to have a munted wheel than a munted arm or face.

dats gotta suck

ouch

hint: when working under a car of any type, put the tyres under the car if you take them off.

Edited by bumpstop325

Please give me a bit more credit than that guys. I was jacking the up so I could put the axle stands under, I only had my hand there to steady it while I was winding it up. I think the hand should be sweet in a few days, no driving for a while tho :(

Guest WAGON

:beer: sh*t bro i wasnt giving you slack

come to the meag met drink your worrys away with a few mates

Damn ... man .. i hope your hand heals real soon ...!

sorry to hear dude ..