Sign in to follow this  
Venatus

Someone Cheating?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=159705305

Is it just me or are those "new accounts" rather suspicious... Kind of similar names to the owners...looks like hes bumping up the price a bit himself...ie going from 230 to 400 etc etc....

Jst thought it was a bit weird, hopefully its not anyone on here thats gonna bust me out for saying that haha.

Would guess you're right, seems a bit obvious eh?

Always interesting to see if they win it themselves, whether they pay the fees, or call it an uncompleted auction? Wonder if they put bad feedback on themselves or not?

Edited by Silver Fox

You could at least get a mate with decent feedback to throw a few bids in for you, would look a lot less obvious!!

Something funny here for sure, auction closed, reserve met by one of the bidder's other accounts, over a legitimate bid, and then car has been offered to watchers for $800, less than one of the genuine bids?

Four trades since 2005, they are hardly a power seller. Does seem a bit fishy though.

Feedback says the winning bidder wanted to pay in installments... With respect to the price jumps - isn't that a by-product of an autobid bidding against someone else??

Or this one, 96 525i on $1 reserve.

Closing bid $5,660. Within a day of closing, its being offered at a fixed price of $8,000.

Why do people list things at $1 reserve and then not want to go through with it? It is a waste of so many peoples time. :angry:

The 525i seller is being unrealistic at $8k, if he wants to sell it im sure he will be waiting quite some time...

Feedback says the winning bidder wanted to pay in installments... With respect to the price jumps - isn't that a by-product of an autobid bidding against someone else??

Yeah the autobid does some crazy things with price jumps. I have sold a few cars on $1 reserve auctions and I had one guy wanting to pay in installments even though the auction Clearly had the car must be paid for and off my property within 3 days due to no space to store it. I now remove bidders who i'm not happy with on my auctions. I don't believe in the authenticated users option as there are still some genuine bidders out there. I always ask them to contact me by phone before the end of the auction if they want to bid or they will be removed. I havn't had to relist since my new policy :)

I always ask them to contact me by phone before the end of the auction if they want to bid or they will be removed. I havn't had to relist since my new policy :)

That is a good idea - hadn't come across it. Guess I only sell a car once every 3 years so don't have a large exposure to some of the knuckle draggers that inhabit Trademe....