Sign in to follow this  
SKT174

Man uses 4WD to ram boyracer

A man angered by a boyracer doing burnouts used his four-wheel-drive vehicle to ram the car, writing it off.

Ed Murray was trying to sleep at his Tauranga home this week when he was woken by a car at a nearby tennis club carpark.

"I jumped in the Nissan, shot over there and they were doing donuts in the tennis courts," he told the Bay of Plenty Times.

"I put it in 4WD and smashed it right into the front of their car." ...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4592577a10.html

Way to go !! Something we'd all like to do but don't have the balls.Sadly our legal system will probably make sure it costs him plenty.

Sadly our legal system will probably make sure it costs him plenty.

I'm sure there would be plenty of protest if he is charged.

I'm sure there would be plenty of protest if he is charged.

I,m sure there will but I'll bet you $50 he gets charged.

Nah crazy for crashing into him. What my dad did when i was a kid, and still does. Is put home made spike strips down while the cops are on the way.

I strongly remember one incident down woodside road when i was a kid when he did this, and stood infront of the car untill cops arrived. Two other neighbours were standing either side of the car and the gees in the car were terrified. The neighbours had golf clubs.

A week later dad got the bash while checking the letterbox, the front door glass got smashed and i had to stay with mum for a month. I was young, but i wasnt stupid.

Im not ready to put my 4wd in the line of fire to some nut doing skids. what if the c**t t-boned me? Yeah right. What if the gees inside tracked my house down and put my family in danger, which is exactly what happened to my father and the old idiot still hasnt learned. Im more content to take the plate, call the cops or *555.

Yes NZ is going to the dogs, and the law doesnt seem to be working, AND yes nz needs to harden the f**k up. But were not america yet, and have no need for vigilante folk who take the law into their hands.

I'm sure I saw that on the news atleast a month ago.

Someone should lay down some asphalt away from residentual areas for "boyracers" to do some O's on ?

Edited by Skrillz

Someone should lay down some asphalt away from residentual areas for "boyracers" to do some O's on ?

With tax payers money?

If the taxpayers complaining then yes. We already fund the losers prison cells. Why not fund something to keep the dicks out of prison, more money saved in the long run. Its our money that funds anything anyway.

God im in a negative mood tonight

With tax payers money?

Lol no thats silly, Boyracers will all chip in for it. . . Or what he said ^

What my dad did when i was a kid, and still does. Is put home made spike strips down while the cops are on the way.

I think you can still be done for vandalism or malicious damage or something like that. Believe it would apply to things like throwing a bunch of nails on the road to stop them as well.

The Police are no friends of the boyracers (and rightly so), but if you put them in a position where they have to do something, make no mistake - they will make an example of you....

I would expect that guy to be charged.

I hope he(the 4wd owner) doesn't get away scott free. It will just give others a felling that they can do it to and eventually someone will be killed. edit: Like the guy who stabbed the tagger

Edited by jeddy

I highly doubt that!

If you're that sure I'm happy to up the bet - $100 ?

If you're that sure I'm happy to up the bet - $100 ?

Aren't boy racers poor teens who spend whatever money they have on their cars O_o?

I'd like to buy that man a beer.

+1

The guy should take donations to pay his court costs and fines etc. as no doubt he'll be charged.

I hope he(the 4wd owner) doesn't get away scott free. It will just give others a felling that they can do it to and eventually someone will be killed. edit: Like the guy who stabbed the tagger

If the little tw*ts don't get the message that racing and that this sort of thing shouldn't happen in residential areas they're too bloody thick & loosing a few won't even get noticed.

If the little tw*ts don't get the message that racing and that this sort of thing shouldn't happen in residential areas they're too bloody thick & loosing a few won't even get noticed.

That and the fact that racing in residential areas is just as likely to end up killing someone.

Personally I think the government or something should build a strip for the boyracers to go to (perhaps even open up meremere or something) and charge a small fee to go, get them off the street etc. I'm sure that'd help substantially. And now I bet you're all thinking, well who pays for this? To be honest, I don't know :), but it's an idea...hell, i'd rather pay x amount of money than get in trouble with the cops/upset residential areas if I was a boyracer.

Fact of the matter is, these guys are clearly bored and want something to do/somewhere to go and do it. Being a 20 year old, and not into the clubbing scene, there isn't a helluva lot else to do.

My 2c.