Sign in to follow this  
Tbirdsteve

E30 323i manual 2 dr coupe.

Finally selling our first baby that started us off on Bimmers.

We got this from an engine rebuilder and it's continued to impress us in the 4 years we've owned it.

Running 323i block with Holden pistons and 320i head to give 2400cc capacity.

Has 5 spd Getrag manual, aftermarket springs and shocks (Peders?) and aftermarket exhaust plus various other goodies. The engine was built and installed about 70,000 kms ago.

Have replaced steering rack last month, new SI board batteries, main battery and ignition leads and cap. Very reliable car that gets 40 mpg on a trip and goes like a cut cat when you take it over 3000 rpm. Only 295,000 genuine kms. Needs tie rod end replaced for warrant (got one somewhere - just got to find it) and am told brake pedal has too much travel (I have a spare master cylinder and booster just arrived yesterday). This has been a truly great car which we will be sorry to see go but wife wanted 4 doors which is why she now drives an E34.

I'm not sure if it's got limited slip - we got a spare back end with it when we bought it but I sold it - not sure if that was the fancy one or if it's on the car. I jacked it up today and when I spin one wheel the other doesn't move if that helps anyone. Couldn't find any tags on diff but didn't look too hard either.

A great car for only $3000.

Only 295,000 genuine kms

i dont see why someone would lie about that!

for the buyers, im presuming its a pre facelift? and what colour?

Sorry, 1983 - first of the E30's. Car was originally a 320i. No tow bar. Also new cambelt less than 1000 kms ago. Power steering, electric mirrors. Central locking needs re-connecting after panel beater didn't plug it back in when fixing a door.

Steve

it sounds promissing, hows the paint and interior?

Sorry but I'm confused about the displacement change. The only way to add displacement is to increase the bore or stroke. Changing the pistons or head will only change the compression ratio. Correct me if i'm wrong

Guest Andrew

323i block with Holden pistons and 320i head to give 2400cc capacity.

read...

The Holden pistons aren't as high as BMW ones. Engine builder said that BMW 323 pistons would hit the valves with the 320 head on top. This lowers the compression down to whatever ratio is now is. Had 1200 psi compression when I last checked it about a year ago.

The interior is in great condition, exterior good, but minor rust is just starting to creep in around the boot and little bubble on a door. Needs broom handle (not included) to hold bonnet up. Colour is silver or grey. Has sunroof and factory alloys too (14"). L-Jetronic ignition, new plugs, cap leads, air-filter.

Steve

Guest Andrew

The Holden pistons aren't as high as BMW ones. Engine builder said that BMW 323 pistons would hit the valves with the 320 head on top. This lowers the compression down to whatever ratio is now is. Had 1200 psi compression when I last checked it about a year ago.

The interior is in great condition, exterior good, but minor rust is just starting to creep in around the boot and little bubble on a door. Needs broom handle (not included) to hold bonnet up. Colour is silver or grey. Has sunroof and factory alloys too (14"). L-Jetronic ignition, new plugs, cap leads, air-filter.

Steve

The 325 pistons hit the 323, 320 head - the 323 pistons don't. The 320/323 combustion chamber is the same - just the 320 got the small port head.