Sign in to follow this  
chompa

e21 323i

interested on what you guys think of this price?? im after one but think this is crazy..

would rather have the 2.7 e30 togates selling for this coin..

love the e21's and know cars only worth what someones willing to pay but still think this is a bit off market value?

opinions on a more realistic price would be awesome!.

liam

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-163304080.htm

EDIT: LINK

Edited by chompa

its his call isnt it.Not many come up for sale now so who is to say what the market value is.

Cars worth what someone’s willing to pay ;)

Guest Simon*

Liam

For what it's worth I think that $7500 is too much. My opinion so don't get ratty people ;)

I wouldn't pay it and yes, togate's E30 even without the BBS wheels looks better buying

These things do come up from time to time and are not always this pricey although they come in all states of repair. It's hard to tell much from this auction but get more info and pics (especially interior and engine bay) from the bloke and see if you can find out why he's asking that much. Doesn't look mint to me.

Good luck

its his call isnt it.Not many come up for sale now so who is to say what the market value is.

of course its his call but that doesnt make it realistic... six months ago a 323i didnt sell for 3 grand, opinions on what other BS members think on value would be great. if you all think its realistic i may just pay what he is asking :)

Cars worth what someone’s willing to pay ;)

as i said above?!

cheers

Liam

For what it's worth I think that $7500 is too much. My opinion so don't get ratty people ;)

I wouldn't pay it and yes, togate's E30 even without the BBS wheels looks better buying

These things do come up from time to time and are not always this pricey although they come in all states of repair. It's hard to tell much from this auction but get more info and pics (especially interior and engine bay) from the bloke and see if you can find out why he's asking that much. Doesn't look mint to me.

Good luck

Thanks! id have to agree.......

Guest Simon*

What is the point of this though?? I can jump on trade me and list cars that I would love but can’t afford too

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-159732629.htm

see :P

Don't you read well mate? He asked for some advice or opinion on a particular BMW. There's no suggestion he can't afford it, only that it could be overpriced.

Why is everyone so scared to have an opinion? Bloody bullshit PC Labour government got to you all?

I think it will be hard to gauge what you should pay for an e21 323i by discussing it in a thread such as this. I've found that when trying to figure out what something like this is worth, you need to take into account the following things

1. How much is it worth to you? Never pay more than that.

2. Only listen to the opinions of people who know what they are talking about. It will be difficult in this situation as I don't think there are too many people who "trade" in e21 BMW's. I think this car is worth $3k tops, but then again I am not qualified to give an opinion.

3. Disregard the opinion of someone who currently owns one, as the figure they give will likely be overinflated as they compare it to what they think theres is worth. Examples of this are when people ask on this site what an E30 / E36 is worth...

4. Don't be afraid to make an offer, no matter how low. Some people selling cars like this which seldom pop up, often need a dose of reality. A couple of people throwing realistic offers at them will hopefully help them come to their senses.

Good luck!

What is the point of this though?? I can jump on trade me and list cars that I would love but can’t afford too

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-159732629.htm

see :P

the point is, i want a good deal? and dont want to find a 323i in better nick a month later for a third of the price!

would you have payed 30 grand for your e30 touring? no because there are mint ones around for half the price...

keep it constructive maybe?

I think it will be hard to gauge what you should pay for an e21 323i by discussing it in a thread such as this. I've found that when trying to figure out what something like this is worth, you need to take into account the following things

1. How much is it worth to you? Never pay more than that.

2. Only listen to the opinions of people who know what they are talking about. It will be difficult in this situation as I don't think there are too many people who "trade" in e21 BMW's. I think this car is worth $3k tops, but then again I am not qualified to give an opinion.

3. Disregard the opinion of someone who currently owns one, as the figure they give will likely be overinflated as they compare it to what they think theres is worth. Examples of this are when people ask on this site what an E30 / E36 is worth...

4. Don't be afraid to make an offer, no matter how low. Some people selling cars like this which seldom pop up, often need a dose of reality. A couple of people throwing realistic offers at them will hopefully help them come to their senses.

Good luck!

thanks Crockett, understand fully---points noted...

Don't you read well mate? He asked for some advice or opinion on a particular BMW. There's no suggestion he can't afford it, only that it could be overpriced.

Why is everyone so scared to have an opinion? Bloody bullshit PC Labour government got to you all?

No I don’t read well but that has nothing to do with my opinion.

It is listed at a price that someone will pay if they want it.

I wanted a E30 wagon, so I paid the exuberant price they are so I could have something different, just like the guy that brought my Corolla GT off me did.

The best things in life are rare and rare things are expensive, that’s the way it is.

If it was a minter the price would be more realistic IMO.

I dont fancy them much so Id pay less anyway.

I wanted a E30 wagon, so I paid the exuberant price they are so I could have something different, just like the guy that brought my Corolla GT off me did.

The best things in life are rare and rare things are expensive, that’s the way it is.

yes but how "exuberant" is "too exuberant"??

surely there was a price you were NOT willing to pay for your wagon?

"It is listed at a price that someone will pay if they want it."- this comment is so ludicrous it doesnt warrent an answer.

Guest Simon*

Graham I don't have a problem with anything you've just said, nor do I disagree. It is however of no help whatsoever to our mate Liam who started this thread, asking for a bit of input to stop him racing out and paying too much for the first E21 that comes along.

If that was your old car you posted up, and I'm not sure of the relevance here as I don't much care for toyotas, how the hell were we supposed to know, or care.

Your E30 wagon is a really nice example and a credit to your pride in it. I don't care how much you paid for it and it's none of my business. But can't you see how pointless your post to Liam was?

I agree with Jeremy (Crockett) in that some people need a bit of a reality check sometimes when they might think they're selling something special.

At the end of the day, look at how many BMWs there are on trademe and tell me it's not a buyer's market.

So peace brother, I'm not ripping into you for the hell of it. But I'm all for a bit of debate ;)

Guest Simon*

yes but how "exuberant" is "too exuberant"??

surely there was a price you were NOT willing to pay for your wagon?

"It is listed at a price that someone will pay if they want it."- this comment is so ludicrous it doesnt warrent an answer.

and seeing as I'm the English Nazi today, that's "exorbitant" boys and girls :ph34r:

If it was a minter the price would be more realistic IMO.

I dont fancy them much so Id pay less anyway.

id agree. not after an auto but this e21 is mint!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-159504092.htm

considering im looking at a newer block in the future the only thing the 323i has going for it is its manual pedal box and rear disks........

my opinion is its complete and utter waste of time discussing what a car is worth with a whole bunch of people who have no interest in buying the F^%$# thing.Just shut up and make a bid (s) and live with it

^ give that man a pie (kiwi535)

The cars worth what the buyer pays for it, hence the term ASKING PRICE :rambo:

my opinion is its complete and utter waste of time discussing what a car is worth with a whole bunch of people who have no interest in buying the F^%$# thing.Just shut up and make a bid (s) and live with it

thanks for your opinion...although for a person with "no interest" in buying the "F^%$#" thing i find it strange you clicked on the topic titled "E21 323i"

for future post on this "topic" from "nice honest BS members"---- PLEASE can i have CONTRUCTIVE feedback from people INTERESTED in the car in question...

thanks

Guest Simon*

That does look really good. You get the impression it has been well cared for

:D

The pricing of cars can be as simple as a small exercise in comparison. Someone may have seen a similar one go for a different price, so you can get some indication from that to help you out. It's all relative, but not such a black art as people would have you believe

^ give that man a pie (kiwi535)

The cars worth what the buyer pays for it, hence the term ASKING PRICE :rambo:

asking price doesnt always mean people are willing to pay that. i know how a market works!

presuming you had interest in the car (which i really dont) would you consider his asking price "fair"

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-159504092.htm

considering im looking at a newer block in the future the only thing the 323i has going for it is its manual pedal box and rear disks........

I tend to think that has answered the question.