Sign in to follow this  
Apex

09 7 series

Posted Image

09 7 series

I like it, looks like BMW have toned down the current one to make it look like a Lexus LS and a Maserati Quattroporte .

Interior looks E60.

Edited by Apex

God, they've made it even more pig-nosed than the last one! Yikes!

Cool, massive front kidney grilles!

Ony thing I don't like is the tail lights.

I think it’s awesome.

Now just imagine it smaller and you’ll have the 2010 5 series and then go smaller again and you’ll have the 2012 3 series.

It seems they went to the extreme in 2002 and have been toning down ever since.

To me it looks like a current shaped 7 mixed with the new LS and Maserati Quattroporte.

f**k the kidneys, check this out! mmmm yum

Posted Image

Note the 4.4Ltr has replaced the 4.8ltr in the current shape, this new 4.4 will be the flagship in the new 5 and 6 series.

4.4 Turbo

This is a pretty trick engine and if you think about how great its 3.0l TT brother is this will no doubt be engine of the year. Man BMW is onto it ;D

Not a bad looker compared to the last one. Still sure to be a depreciation nightmare

Have to side with Gannetboy and Quailboy. The nose is to straight up an down, plus the total depth of it is a bit off putting.The tail lights look weird and the lines in them ugly, are the lower items a reflector or another light unit?, totally unnecessary IMO. Prefer the twin tips rather than the dual chrome set up shown in another photo.

The dash layout looks tidy but with to many knobs, dials and switches leading to a cluttered appearance.

As the so called Flagship of the fleet I feel BMW needs to do a little more refining yet. I know that this is a personnel thing and one thing does not always appeal to another so this is just my opinion of the car.

Allan

Yea thats nice.. autostick looks kinda awkward though?

Can see what you mean apex with the maserati comment... especially in the 2nd photo

im surprised to say i actually like it. The concept CS influence in the headlights and slightly quattroporte-influenced profile looks a vast improvement to my eye, and i think the back is more composed than the e65. The front kidneys really have gotten huge though.

I reckon the front has a real Volvo look to it, and the rear is leaning towards the VW Eos. I'm not totally sold on it, but it will probably grow on me. Certainly preferable to the original Bangle butt.

Have to side with Gannetboy and Quailboy. The nose is to straight up an down, plus the total depth of it is a bit off putting.The tail lights look weird and the lines in them ugly, are the lower items a reflector or another light unit?, totally unnecessary IMO. Prefer the twin tips rather than the dual chrome set up shown in another photo.

The dash layout looks tidy but with to many knobs, dials and switches leading to a cluttered appearance.

As the so called Flagship of the fleet I feel BMW needs to do a little more refining yet. I know that this is a personnel thing and one thing does not always appeal to another so this is just my opinion of the car.

Allan

can never have to many buttons Allan

Posted Image