Sign in to follow this  
ZROSSA

Howdy from Hawkes bay

Howdy all,

Just bought my self a 79 635csi 5 speed manual. I have always wanted one sence they were new whenI was at school. Guess it took a while. This one needs a little work but the body is in pretty good shape. Its lowered a bit and has standard rims. New 16 inch ones have been ordered and possably a later model air dam ( anyone have one?) will go on if I can find one. Otherwise I will leave it alone for a while. Would like to upgrade the suspension and engine just to make it a bit faster. 300 or so hp will do. This will need to wait untill i finish my other project, 500 hp v8 datsun 260z targa car. Looking forward to chatting to other like minded people.

Cheers, Douglas (AKA ZROSSA)

Howdy all,

Just bought my self a 79 635csi 5 speed manual. I have always wanted one sence they were new whenI was at school. Guess it took a while. This one needs a little work but the body is in pretty good shape. Its lowered a bit and has standard rims. New 16 inch ones have been ordered and possably a later model air dam ( anyone have one?) will go on if I can find one. Otherwise I will leave it alone for a while. Would like to upgrade the suspension and engine just to make it a bit faster. 300 or so hp will do. This will need to wait untill i finish my other project, 500 hp v8 datsun 260z targa car. Looking forward to chatting to other like minded people.

Welcome Onboard (from a very recent passenger!)

I've always had a soft spot for the 6 series, esp the 3.5 (and 5spd, say no more !!) , I reckon they've aged particulary well (not like their 7 series cousins).

Any pix??

Only been a member a few days, but what an awesome site!

JD

Welcome to Bimmersport Douglas,

Pics are a must! Love those shark nosed E24's.

I love the way you think..

What kind of V8 is going in the 260z? Pics of both would be awesome!

Welcome to BS

^^^What he said^^^^

:rolleyes: Welcome-good to see more Hawkes Bay ites joining the fray-often entertaining,always educational & occassionally just plain aggravating!

Anyone be interested in a HB meet?

I wanna see the Datsun.

+1 !

I've always loved the original 24 ounce from when I was a youngster.

Welcome to BS

Yep am up for it.

Welcome, gotta love the 6 series.

Edited by Greg111

Thanks for the warm welcome. The datsun is a work in progress. I have been working on it for about 4 tears now when time and $ alows. Time has been short. I having been doing a wine making degree on top of runing my vineyard and olive grove on my own so am busy pretty much 24/7. Things only really get done on rainy days when other pending r and m is finished. Should be a fun car. 383 cubic inch small block chevy with a supra 5 speed. Coil overs and camber plates all around. Basic cage to targa spec and rather large feet 275/40/17 in the rear with 245/45/17s on the front. I have made an new nose and rear end for it in an attempt to stop the thing getting to much air. Not far of painting now.

Here is a link to some of the build photos:

http://album.hybridz.org/member.php?uid=8086&protype=1

Cheers, Douglas

Howdy all,

Welcome to Bimmer...have only just joined myself and the resources and info' every day are just great. Have a 87 635csi manual which I pranged some weeks ago. Your car should already be fast, however if you can gain more, would be good to know what you did and if you get hold of front and rear parts and don't need, let me know. cheers