Sign in to follow this  
jjs

The latest Trademe find...

Link

The Mosquito ultrasonic teenage deterrent is the solution to the eternal problem of unwanted gatherings of youths and teenagers in shopping malls, around shops and anywhere else they are causing problems. The presence of these teenagers discourages genuine shoppers and customers from coming into your shop, affecting your turnover and profits. Anti social behavior has become the biggest threat to private property and there has been no effective deterrent until now.

Recommended by Police forces in the United Kingdom, the Mosquito ultrasonic teenage deterrent has been described as "the most effective tool in our fight against anti social behaviour". Shop keepers around the world have purchased the device to move along unwanted gatherings of teenagers and anti social youths. Businesses have used the device to discourage youths from spraying graffiti and loitering.

With an effective range of between fifteen and twenty meters field trials have shown that teenagers are acutely aware of the Mosquito and usually move away from the area within an average of 8- 10 minutes. The system is completely harmless even with long term use.

Even better adults can't even hear the sound!!

The Times in England reports that the device was first used in Barry, South Wales, where the owner enthusiastically said "Either someone has come along and wiped them off the face of the earth, or it's working".

Since then, there have been literally hundreds of successful reports not only from police and local authorities, but also from business owners.

Is your business suffering from anti social youths driving your customers away or generally causing damage or nuisance?

Are you bothered by crowds of teenagers hanging around your street and making life unpleasant?

Mosquito ultrasonic deterrent can solve your problem.

How much time and money do you spend removing tagging?

Better than graffiti remover.

Purchase Mosquito now!

We are the exclusive distributor in NZ for the Mosquito anti tagging device.

WTF?

What a load of crap. I would love to see how these claims are substantiated. Oh, and it costs just $2,200!

I pity the fools that buy these!!!

Oh, the Q&A section is a bit of a laugh

The science behind the "Mosquito" sound has actually been proven. The human ear's ability hear high pitch sounds diminishes with age.

Here is a BBC feature on it which includes .WAV file if you want to test it out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/art...e_feature.shtml

The science behind the "Mosquito" sound has actually been proven. The human ear's ability hear high pitch sounds diminishes with age.

Here is a BBC feature on it which includes .WAV file if you want to test it out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/art...e_feature.shtml

I can hear the sound clip, but would need to witness an "old person" not being able to hear it to be convinced.

they triialed it in shopping malls in the UK as a deterant for teenagers loitering around the malls. It is proven techonlogy, sure there can be resistance and no, old people cant hear it typically.

Old people, if you can hear it, your not as old as you think.

All I can hear is background noise and a chick laughing

But then..... I'm an old fart :(

But would need to witness an "old person" not being able to hear it to be convinced.

Yea, im with you. I can hear it.

it is scientifically correct, however not an exact science. but ... it won't work

loitering teenagers are either listening to their ipod, drunk or their ears are still ringing from the previous nights dance party.

Best weapon against tagging is a paintball gun. Hit them with there own punishment and leave little bruises all over them.

Plus it'd be a shitload of fun.

f**k, I know when theres a mozi about, they are so bloody loud! But in that clip all I heard was a pulsing squeal and background noise. Yukk. That noise though is annoying.

f**k, I know when theres a mozi about, they are so bloody loud! But in that clip all I heard was a pulsing squeal and background noise. Yukk. That noise though is annoying.

I'm with Shelley - a real mozzie noise is 10x more annoying than this (although this is slightly annoying as well), especially when you are trying to sleep.

Cheers

Grant

The noisy mozzie that you can hear while your sleeping are male mozzies. These ones dont bite. Rather its the silent, female ones that do all the biting. (so i have been told)

Why dont shop keepers just play Concert FM or Talk back to discourage them on staying.

The noisy mozzie that you can hear while your sleeping are male mozzies. These ones dont bite. Rather its the silent, female ones that do all the biting. (so i have been told)

Why dont shop keepers just play Concert FM or Talk back to discourage them on staying.

Hard to believe that, there have been those nights where you wake up with bites and buzzing noise so you slam the bedroom doors shut and go hunting for the bugger, theres usually only one and it still makes that stinking noise, so its definitely the culprit.

Its really gross but one time I was so angry from getting eaten I mashed this mozzie on the ceiling and left it there for a good week so I could lay in bed at night and laugh. I got him back good!

loitering teenagers are either listening to their ipod, drunk or their ears are still ringing from the previous nights dance party.

Pfft.

Hard to believe that, there have been those nights where you wake up with bites and buzzing noise so you slam the bedroom doors shut and go hunting for the bugger, theres usually only one and it still makes that stinking noise, so its definitely the culprit.

Its really gross but one time I was so angry from getting eaten I mashed this mozzie on the ceiling and left it there for a good week so I could lay in bed at night and laugh. I got him back good!

Haha yeah you got him good and proper.