Sign in to follow this  
danjah

[WGTN] long time lurker...first(ish) time poster

Hey everyone,

Dennis here. well i've been meaning to post something in the introductions forum since i bought my 97 320 months ago but have always managed to chicken out when i've had a look at some of the other sweet rides you lot are rocking. this car is my first vehicle ever owned so it's probably decidely boring compared to some of the other vehicles on this site but hey! i'm just pretty stoked to be driving something that doesn't chronically overheat and look like something a rapist would cruise the streets looking for their next victim in like my mates legacy did :P

looking forward to meeting some of you wellington cats at some point soon i hope, mostly to badger you guys for advice. i know poor ole hybrid is going to be so happy without me hassling him on msn constantly about this and that. shortly i will have in possesion some angel eyes from umnitza and will be looking for advice as to who to see to get them installed on my ride as i'm spectacularly technically challenged and don't want to break the bloody things installing it, am hoping one of you wellington peeps could point me in the right direction as to who to see to insure they get installed correctly :D

anyways enough waffle, here's my whip....

post-2950-1216204899_thumb.jpg

Welcome Dennis, what a nice e36! Looks mint from in the picture you've posted.

One thing that would make it look a little better IMO, get clear side repeaters. :)

Cheers,

Nick

Welcome, nice ride. Looks a lot like Nick021's e36 :).

One thing that would make it look a little better IMO, get clear side repeaters. :)

heh yep definitely top of my list of things to sort out for it, so much so clear repeaters are currently in transit to me. now to find someone to install them for me :unsure:

Hi Dennis, Welcome. Good to see another person from Wgtn. Car looks to be in very good condition.

As for the side repeaters, you'll be able to fit them easily. Only takes 2mins!

Edited by 3 SERIES

Welcome Dennis, one of the better looking E36 sedans i've seen :)

I like your front lip spoiler... haven't seen one like that before.

Yeah side repeaters take two seconds to clip off and on again... no hassles.

Can't say I'm a fan of the chrome headlights though... perhaps install your Angel eye kit on a set of stock Bosch units?

Regardless, welcome to bimmersport mate! :)

Welcome Dennis - I think your car looks bloody nice. Nice and clean, and tastefully modified appearance wise.

Very cool.

Cheers

Grant

OMG You're not paying a grand for those are you???!!!

People are giving away the OEM headlights on Trademe...just pay someone to chuck the angel eye kit on them!

New Bosch OEM light surrounds and factory elipsodes brand new 1000 is cheap bro. Your thinking of the ebay/trademe clones and second hand without elipsodes and focusing lenes ;) which in NZ is 100% illegal to use if you have a xenon/HID. The bosch OEM lights are the best way to go if you dont want to have issues around warrent time.

my e46 ones were 1400 landed.

Don't be ashamed to post more pics of that E36, its mint mate.

Welcome to BS.

Will have to organize a Lower Nth Isl. meet at some stage surely, eh?

New Bosch OEM light surrounds and factory elipsodes brand new 1000 is cheap bro. Your thinking of the ebay/trademe clones and second hand without elipsodes and focusing lenes ;) which in NZ is 100% illegal to use if you have a xenon/HID. The bosch OEM lights are the best way to go if you dont want to have issues around warrent time.

my e46 ones were 1400 landed.

I stand corrected.... never knew they were so expensive. They'll look good though!

Nice ride dude! Welcome aboard.

I'm impressed that you're forking out the cash for the 'proper' goods, you pay for what you get! Cool wee lip you have there too :)

thanks mate! yeah i figure i've spent shitloads of cash on stupider things in my life so i might as well go all in and pay for the quality when it comes to something like lights :)

plus yeah i don't think i could sleep at night knowing some of you bimmersporters might see my 320 out and about and snigger at the poor mans angel eyes/hid setup if i rocked them. oh the humanity! :P

Welcome Dennis,

Great looking E36, very nice front lip too!