Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

clean and tidy M5?

His nickname rings a bell. I think I've seen it around, with a plate similar to his nickname. Perhaps he doesn't want to show his current plate for fear of theft.

If it's that car it's a very nice in the flesh, looks like Le Mans Blue?

Is that even in NZ?

One of the cars in the background has a yellow rear plate too....makes it interesting.

Is that a realistic price for this vehicle in the present economic climate or is he dreaming I known its a M5 and are held in high regard but when all said and done it is only a car with a few extra goodies,eight years old done 96,000km and all the common weak points that e39's have or am I being to hard. Just out of interest in one of the interior photo's I see a knob and switch where the cup holders usually are plus one above it any ideas. Can make out the heated seats pdc, dsc I think etc.

The car is here in NZ. Conrod is working with the guy. It's a very nice car.

Also has an E34 540iS.

Looks o.k, i would have thought that was a reasonable price.

One of the cars in the background has a yellow rear plate too....makes it interesting.

dont confuse an m5 with a msport Allan.M5 very different car from 540.T Unussualy there are three(well one has jut closed)one at 115 odd ks which he offered for 40,000,This one at sayy 100 ks at 50,000 and another at 80ks for 65.The later two are both later model ones tho.

It may be a nice car but those pics dont do it justice.Love the blue too.

Paul could you please elaborate what does make the M5 that much different from either a m sport or a standard unit to command such high prices. Apart from the obvious larger engine size, interior colour lay outs to name but a few of the obvious things.

Allan

Edited by allan

Yeah, I asked if it was in NZ, he said:

"The car is in New Zealand. I imported it July 07. It was bought in as the company manager’s car. He has left the company and hence the company no longer requires the car. Mob: +64 (21) 443 602"

Edited by Quailboy

I'll start with the first two most obvious points of why it can't be compared to a 540.

1. "M"

2. An extra 100hp or 75kW

dont confuse an m5 with a msport Allan.M5 very different car from 540.T Unussualy there are three(well one has jut closed)one at 115 odd ks which he offered for 40,000,This one at sayy 100 ks at 50,000 and another at 80ks for 65.The later two are both later model ones tho.

It may be a nice car but those pics dont do it justice.Love the blue too.

So is it 96000 kms or miles? Does anyone know? I would expect a UK import to be in miles (unless it is 59000 miles on the clock and he has converted it for the ad).

I guess M3's are still asking around the $45 - 50k mark for a similar vintage, so maybe the money is not silly.

So is it 96000 kms or miles? Does anyone know? I would expect a UK import to be in miles (unless it is 59000 miles on the clock and he has converted it for the ad).

Its in Miles. Don't know if its been converted though.

Paul could you please elaborate what does make the M5 that much different from either a m sport or a standard unit to command such high prices. Apart from the obvious larger engine size, interior colour lay outs to name but a few of the obvious things.

Allan

The m5 is a serious car Allan,dont forget its 400 hp maybe so so but for a 4 door sedan in 1997 or so !Its is 50 kw more than the e34 M5,apparently absolutely fantastic engine performance even just driving normally.I spose a lot is the wow factor in the //M5 badge but it is still a impressive output for a very civilised sedan

The m5 is a serious car Allan,dont forget its 400 hp maybe so so but for a 4 door sedan in 1997 or so !Its is 50 kw more than the e34 M5,apparently absolutely fantastic engine performance even just driving normally.I spose a lot is the wow factor in the //M5 badge but it is still a impressive output for a very civilised sedan

And it looks f**kn mean as B)

Allan

Have a look here.

Described as the best all round car in the world on more than one occasion.

How many of each version of the E39 M5 were produced?

ECE (LHD): 7,895 examples produced from 10/98 thru 06/03

ECE (RHD): 2,595 examples produced from 10/98 thru 06/03

NA (LHD): 9,992 examples produced from 09/99 thru 06/03

I would not have guessed only 2,600 right hand drives were built!

What is wrong with you bunch of whingers. Just because you own a BMW you think you are a cut above everyone else. You obviously know SFA about selling cars in this country.

There is nothing wrong with the photos of this M5.

So who cares if the photos were taken in England. This happens, that's how us dealers buy our cars. The car is probably not even in the country yet but the owner just wants to get it sold as quickly as possible.

Several of you complained about pics of a 318Ti for sale that I posted. Complained that the photos were taken in Japan, big deal.

It's time some here got off their high horses and took a big dose of humility, your total ignorance is apparent in your postings.

Rant over!

What is wrong with you bunch of whingers. Just because you own a BMW you think you are a cut above everyone else. You obviously know SFA about selling cars in this country.

There is nothing wrong with the photos of this M5.

So who cares if the photos were taken in England. This happens, that's how us dealers buy our cars. The car is probably not even in the country yet but the owner just wants to get it sold as quickly as possible.

Several of you complained about pics of a 318Ti for sale that I posted. Complained that the photos were taken in Japan, big deal.

It's time some here got off their high horses and took a big dose of humility, your total ignorance is apparent in your postings.

Rant over!

all i am saying is that the pics(esp the interior ones) dont show the car in its true light!Its bloody filthy

all i am saying is that the pics(esp the interior ones) dont show the car in its true light!Its bloody filthy

Then why in the title did you call it a "clean and tidy M5"?

Clean and tidy m5? <-- note the ? Means he doubts its clean and tidyness

Car sales a bit slow are they Brian? :angry:

So who cares if the photos were taken in England.

Youve not seen the TM scam were someone is selling a Z4 for peanuts thats quite clearly still in Ireland (or somewhere) then ?

To be pedantic about it, TM rules state you must have the item in your posession. I personally couldnt care less where the car is, but if your selling the least you can do is give the car a clean and take some decent photos.

Especially when your asking 50k !