Sign in to follow this  
dcm17

What I love about my BMW

I thought it would be cool to share what we love about our rides, if us blokes can talk about our feelings:P

What Im loving is that when I bought my 323i I had plans to tune the ride and performance, but after a week of driving it I decided it was perfect how it was. How often does that happen? Ive never seen a standard WRX or Skyline so it shows that the Germans really thought about what their customers would want before they put it on the road.

Also I love passing Hondas in it hahaha!

PEACE! x

I love the shape, the seats and the handling. Have not felt better.

I thought it would be cool to share what we love about our rides, if us blokes can talk about our feelings:P

What Im loving is that when I bought my 323i I had plans to tune the ride and performance, but after a week of driving it I decided it was perfect how it was. How often does that happen? Ive never seen a standard WRX or Skyline so it shows that the Germans really thought about what their customers would want before they put it on the road.

Also I love passing Hondas in it hahaha!

PEACE! x

at first it was because it met all my criteria,rear wheel drive,manual,enough headroom for me(6'3"),a/c,torquey,and could fit the three of us woth luggage and my bike(mtb OR road) all in the boot, of course it didnt hurt that it had leather,sports seats etc etc.....and there was a car club associated with it.

After a while tho it became more than the sum of lots parts...its just somehow just MORE!

I've had my beemer for about 6 months now - but still feel as excited every time I drive it as I did the first time.

Even short trips to the shops, etc are enjoyable :)

And yes the power, the handling, the looks, comfortable leather seats - its a complete package. The best car I've driven so far.

I love satisfaction from factory. The M3 lip (even i installed it after purchase), rear defuser, sideskirts and the colour, omg i love the hellrot red. But most of all, yes most of all... I love the way she moooves

I love the fact that my NZ new Manual E36 328i is 11 years old, has done 266,000km's, and it starts first time every time, drives very very well, is very reliable, the engine is still silky smooth, and every single thing in the car still works. I enjoy driving it every time I am in it.

Although, no expense has been spared to keep it all working.

I also love that because it has very little book value, I pay barely any FBT, so can write all costs of the car off through my company.

The same is true for my E36 323i, although this car has a lot less km's on it and is driven 99% of the time by my wife around town so only does a few 1,000 km's a year.

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

I love the shape, the seats and the handling. Have not felt better.

The seats are the downfall for me, the back is comfortable but the front doesnt hug me in very well, maybe I need to eat more pies haha. Looking to swap them for Subaru B4 items from Sparco

Looking to swap them for Subaru B4 items from Sparco

heresy...BMW sports seats FTW

I love the fact that my NZ new Manual E36 328i is 11 years old, has done 266,000km's, and it starts first time every time, drives very very well, is very reliable, the engine is still silky smooth, and every single thing in the car still works. I enjoy driving it every time I am in it.

It sure doesn't look like a 266,000km car :blink: Nice!

I love the way mine was so connected to the road, so fun to take around corners, the sound of the straight six through the aged exhaust at 4000RPM onwards. Even though it was slow, it had soul.

And I kind of like the fact that it needed work every now and then - although it happens at the most inconvenient times, and I sometimes feel like killing it... at the end of the day it gives you a great sense of satisfaction and you love the car that much more.

It's a love-hate relationship really :D

And I kind of like the fact that it needed work every now and then - although it happens at the most inconvenient times, and I sometimes feel like killing it...

It's a love-hate relationship really :D

Couldn't agree more. Every time something goes wrong with my car I resolve to sell it immediately and buy something more reliable. Then it's like it almost looks at me like a child scorned and I feel sorry for it and buy it another present! :D

I love the handling, the style... the fact that people think you must be a high-flying rich guy because you drive a BMW (that cost less than their '98 Corolla) and how it even makes going to the supermarket a fun trip!

Hmmm, I like mine becuase of all the work I've done to it. screw the original stuff, half my car isn't original 318i anymore. It sucks around town in chch (can't do anything with it) but its pretty badass when the roads open up.

When da hoes see me roll by and snap my ride on their mobile phones.

Even I'm surprised how often it happens!

Its all about those bloody wheels i tell yah!

Brings Me Woman :rolleyes:

Mines the excitement i get when I'm about to drive my car, and the best, is the shape of the e36 to me.

And Supermarket Trips kick!

Edited by Low

I love the E36 Shape, The build quality, and the value for money that you get.

They are an excellent all round car, Had a few little problems with both but you seem to get that around the 100k mark with E36's.

The engine :wub:

PURE DRIVING PLEASURE!

Love the fact that it is a sedate, comfortable cruising machine while it can quickly become an accomplished sports car as soon as the accelerator is pressed with urgency.

Love the technologies that go into my E60 (or not).

I love the fact that no matter where I drive, it's like driving someone else's nice car. It doesn't feel like it's mine. Like I don't think I'll ever accept it's mine.

Also love how BMW's are always referred to as "Classy"...well classier than Mercs.

Lastly they are soooo good to drive long distance in.

Love the shape of all older BM's ive owned.

Not the most powerful cars around but cant really beat them for the whole package - looks, comfort, handling, price & decent power for their age etc, not to mention seeing E30's less and less so good ones stand out.

Everything...what else can I say. I love BMW.

i also like it that whenever i pop the bonnet, the first thing EVERYBODY, yes everybody says.. is "wow, thats a big engine"

and im like, yes.. yes it is.. I have a big engine.. in my paaaants