Sign in to follow this  
User Name

E28 Brakes upgrade

hey guys, can anyone tell me if the master cylinder fits straight on the e28 with no probs?

cheers

a e32 type will bolt straight on e, from a e32 750i and some aerly e32 735i etc

If you want the larger master cylinder (24mm id) I have a spare one. As long as its the two bolt one it will bolt up to your booster no worries. Repco had a deal on where you could get rotas and pads for either the front or rear (both sides) for $200 plus they threw in some fluid. It was for their 'best brand' TRW which is probably very average but I couldn't resist all four corners for $400.

I finally go around to putting the new rear disks and calipers on so I now have E39 540 brakes all round and I have no problems with the brake peddle feel. I'm not sure what you guys have experienced but I don't feel any of the brake peddle travel or sponginess that others have talked about so I'm not going to upgrade the master cylinder just yet. One question though, is the brake bias set inside of the master cylinder or remotely? Will the E28 master cylinder have the wrong bias setup?

Cheers

will be e34 540i brakes not e39 .

baisis set inthe master cylinder also gorverned by differences in brake pistons front and back