Sign in to follow this  
MIRAGEone

sup im new

Sup G, welcome to Bimmersport.

Will the E36 be considered a classic?? Or just a BMW from the accountant era. :unsure:

E30 FTW

Edited by Apex

I thought the H stood for humble! Me not a big fan of old(er) cars, I think its the boxish shape, I like my roundedness, I too dont like blond girls, I prefer purple, perhaps blue :P

Oh and Velcome to ze forum :)

this is where i get confused....I have an E34,borrowed a E30 exactly the same to look at as my E34.I said to my wife,did you like mini me (refering to the e30 compared to the e34),she replied no its to boxy!.I always think the e34 and the E30 as the same shape!

Interesting question Tony, I would of thought both could be read into it if you wanted? :D

Sup G, welcome to Bimmersport.

Will the E36 be considered a classic?? Or just a BMW from the accountant error. :unsure:

E30 FTW

I may be going out on a limb here (and may get my head bashed in too :unsure: ). But, I don't think any BMW qualifies as having classic status. Well, maybe the 507 and some original M cars. But your run of the mill 3, 5 and 7's are simply cars. I also think that the majority of E30 owners would buy an E36 if the could afford it, E36 owners would buy an E46 etc etc

Fixed. Sorry, my Microsoft word program is dyslexic, know it before you judge it :lol:

I may be going out on a limb here (and may get my head bashed in too :unsure: ). But, I don't think any BMW qualifies as having classic status. Well, maybe the 507 and some original M cars. But your run of the mill 3, 5 and 7's are simply cars. I also think that the majority of E30 owners would buy an E36 if the could afford it, E36 owners would buy an E46 etc etc

How about the 2002?

I think you will find a certain number of people wont buy a BMW newer than e 30/34/32.....or E 36 E39 E38.... too complex

Original 328?

E30 M3

3.0 CSL

Etc etc.

Couple of points....

I borrowed an e34, same colour as my e30 and I asked the wife what she thought of being 'supersized'....she said it looked like a tank, whereas the e30 looked sleak and lean :P

I wouldnt buy an e36 if you paid me. They have to be one of the most uninspiring cars Ive ever seen, they just do nothing for me. Not even tastefully modified ones get me interested.

As for the blond, she's welcome to do whatever she can for me :) At the end of the day you can always turn off the light and imagine any colour you want !!

Crockett... I could afford an e36 if I wanted but anything past e 30/34/32 does not appeal cause they dont look as good. Too bland looking, especially the e36!

Can of worms officially opened

Edited by tastic

Sorry the E30 is a classic.

Couple of points....

I borrowed an e34, same colour as my e30 and I asked the wife what she thought of being 'supersized'....she said it looked like a tank, whereas the e30 looked sleak and lean :P

I wouldnt buy an e36 if you paid me. They have to be one of the most uninspiring cars Ive ever seen, they just do nothing for me. Not even tastefully modified ones get me interested.

As for the blond, she's welcome to do whatever she can for me :) At the end of the day you can always turn off the light and imagine any colour you want !!

what a coincedence!

Crockett... I could afford an e36 if I wanted but anything past e 30/34/32 does not appeal cause they dont look as good. Too bland looking, especially the e36!

Can of worms officially opened

Haha, knew I would open a can of worms!

Each to their own I guess, but I certainly wouldn't choose an older inferior model if I didn't have to. I've owned 4 E30's, 1 E34 and am now onto my second E36. In my experience, the newer car is always better. I would have bought an E46, but need the cash for other ventures at the moment!

i could afford a e36 but why? this has to go down as the most common bmw ive seen on a road could almost be a fact?i love my e34 want a e39 but having second thoughts a like that shape of mine .like the e30 shape over e36..my opinion no one get personal haha

LOL listen to you guys...

After all these (forgive me) pointless comments, I would not be surprised if the guy never comes back to these forums again.

It's all a matter of taste... pointless arguing the point. I for one pretty much walk backwards every time I leave my car... just love how it looks, I also love how E30's look (especially when done up nicely).

If you are going to be dissing ugly cars, surely you can steer away from OUR BMW's....

We should not be dissing each others rides is what I am getting at :).

P.S. Welcome mate, enjoy your new car!

Edited by crazyarab

After all these (forgive me) pointless comments, I would not be surprised if the guy never comes back to these forums again.

It's all a matter of taste... pointless arguing the point. I for one pretty much walk backwards every time I leave my car... just love how it looks, I also love how E30's look (especially when done up nicely).

If you are going to be dissing ugly cars, surely you can steer away from OUR BMW's....

nicely said man. lol i didn't expect this thread to turn into civil rivalry. started off pretty much as jokes

e 36=ugly IMHO but thats just me

+1

I also think that the majority of E30 owners would buy an E36 if the could afford it

Hell nahhh

hahahaha dont take it so hard young fella its just abit of light heart jokes

p.s dont mean to hijack yah thread

have fun play safe

o y

not meant to be personal or "dissing"Its all our opinion.I reckon the narrow grill E34 looks better than the wide grill..its all personal taste.Not meant to be disrespectful .We are discussing OUR BMW's

My turn to go out on a limb... Aren't the E36 cheap as chips these days? Is price really the number one factor?

In regards to the classical comments, wouldn't a car have to be relatively rare/coveted to be a classic? every 3/4 bmers is either a E36 or an E30!

Edited by Avenged.SSE

hahahaha dont take it so hard young fella its just abit of light heart jokes

p.s dont mean to hijack yah thread

have fun play safe

o y

haha, not taking it personal at all... everyone is allowed their opinion. What I am getting at is for one, this is a guys "welcome" thread. And two, it's a pointless argument to even discuss...

by all means though, carry on...

I think it's safe to say you guys scared the fella away, for one he owns an E36 and the majority of you just said they are ugly??? Good one <_<

He said he wasn't going to be on the forum for 2 weeks. Maybe just delete this thread lol!

Glad to see brunettes prevail :)

look at these pricks hijack my thread

lol na its ok.. heres a pic of my baby.. completely stock standard

Posted Image

not gonna do too much modifying..

i am looking for some 17" black rims tho..

Edited by MIRAGEone