Sign in to follow this  
MIRAGEone

sup im new

clean car bro!

id put on your list one of them depo smoked or nonsmoked indicator kits that look OEM they on trademe for like 270 ?

Nice, i like the color! Had the same myself.

If your keen on 19x8 wheels for an INSANE price. PM me.

Nice, i like the color! Had the same myself.

If your keen on 19x8 wheels for an INSANE price. PM me.

not looking for 19s.. dont want any problems with rubbing n such.. but ill take a look anyway :)

clean car bro!

id put on your list one of them depo smoked or nonsmoked indicator kits that look OEM they on trademe for like 270 ?

im gonna get those angel eye headlights/indicators thats one piece. clear indicator with an amber bulb

like these ones:

Posted Image

for now im more focusing on the shocks/tyres and basic servicing stuff

only just bought her so ill bring her up to mint condition before i worry bout cosmetics

Edited by MIRAGEone

big no no !!! get the proper angel eyes

really? i was thinkig the CCFL is a bad idea

never been a fan of em.. but theres a big price difference between those and these:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-170182215.htm

$480 + $90 shipping from aussie.. close to $600 :o

maybe ill just get these for now

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-169570309.htm

fork out for the full angel eyes when im able to

Edited by MIRAGEone

Don't get the one piece angel eyes... you'll regret it down the track. Save up and buy the ones Nick 021 suggested.

@nick.. those ones are CCFL.. 10k-20k life expectancy.. they do look good though

maybe you meant these: http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?cP...roducts_id=1198

for the same price.. just better :P

thanks for the link though :)

Don't get the one piece angel eyes... you'll regret it down the track. Save up and buy the ones Nick 021 suggested.

why ? i got no experience with these.. so whats wrong with the one piece angel eyes ?

@nick.. those ones are CCFL.. 10k-20k life expectancy.. they do look good though

maybe you meant these: http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?cP...roducts_id=1198

for the same price.. just better :P

thanks for the link though :)

why ? i got no experience with these.. so whats wrong with the one piece angel eyes ?

The ones I suggested are the latest ones, and 3x brighter than any other on the market. I don't know where you got the 10-20k life expectancy, Quote ' 20000 Hour Life Span - 10+ years of regular usage (1-1.5 hours per day)'

The one piece lights are cheap jap units, they don't fit properly, and you probably have to slice the wiring to fit them, (I'll probably be corrected as there are people on the forum that have them).

they dont look good and u can barely see the halo rings at night

Totally right.

yea i meant 10-20k hours of life. since im young.. i do alot of driving at night.. every weekend they'll get a few hours constant use

im sure the ones i linked were brighter though..

Posted Image

and thanks for tellin me about the one piece units. i woulda made a mistake there xD

and thanks for tellin me about the one piece units. i woulda made a mistake there xD

Yep, good advice from the boys there. I have installed these on 4 E36's so far (2 of them my own) and they are DEFINITELY the way to go, the first set I installed was over a year ago and it's showing no sign of dimming or fading.

Looks way better than the one piece set and cost a lot less (especially if you install them yourself, set me back about $160 all up).

I have "documented" my last install and will be posting a complete DIY tutorial on how to install them in the very near future.

p.s. Good choice on the Msport looking clear lights all round, much nicer than the altezza / clear indicators around.

Here is what you can expect them to look like:

post-1976-1218516081_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazyarab

yea i meant 10-20k hours of life. since im young.. i do alot of driving at night.. every weekend they'll get a few hours constant use

im sure the ones i linked were brighter though..

Posted Image

Keep in mind that 20,000 hours is a sh*t load of use. e.g. 1,666 nights (12 hours) straight or over two years straight 24 hour use or 6,666 days (18 years) @ 3 hours a day. You're never going to see them go mate, unless of course you get a faulty one which is what the lifetime warranty is for.