Sign in to follow this  
Roccamurra

Anyone know anything bout Guard X Protection?

What do you need to polish glass for?

For cleaning glass I use News Paper and average glass cleaner, looks awesome.

It's for build-up and stuff. The hazy residue that your wiper can't wipe away in the rain despite you just changed a new blade.

GARDX, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

I purchased a 4 year old BMW with only 12,000km from the Auckland BMW dealership and was advised that they would organise the transfer of the GARDX from the original Chinese buyers to me, the new owner. Soon after, BMW Auckland contacted me to advise that I had to organise the transfer. So I contacted GARDX to arrange transfer. HOWEVER GARDX responded that I would have to get the original China resident owners to raise transfer paperwork to enable GARDX to transfer it to me and that the car would also have to be inspected to ensure that their Authorized Reseller, Auckland BMW had not incorrectly managed the car (such as applying a cut and polish) during their time of ownership.
If GARDX is trying to sell you their product by suggesting that you can transfer the benefit, don't believe them.
If GARDX is trying to suggest their product will value add your car for resale value, don't believe them.
Finally they had the audacity to try to suggest that I buy their entire system anew, because they would not transfer ownership.
VERY UNIMPRESSED WITH GARDX, WISH I COULD GIVE THEM 0 STARS.

12 year old thread revival - 5 stars. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Needs more caps

18 hours ago, SteveJx said:
GARDX, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

I purchased a 4 year old BMW with only 12,000km from the Auckland BMW dealership and was advised that they would organise the transfer of the GARDX from the original Chinese buyers to me, the new owner. Soon after, BMW Auckland contacted me to advise that I had to organise the transfer. So I contacted GARDX to arrange transfer. HOWEVER GARDX responded that I would have to get the original China resident owners to raise transfer paperwork to enable GARDX to transfer it to me and that the car would also have to be inspected to ensure that their Authorized Reseller, Auckland BMW had not incorrectly managed the car (such as applying a cut and polish) during their time of ownership.
If GARDX is trying to sell you their product by suggesting that you can transfer the benefit, don't believe them.
If GARDX is trying to suggest their product will value add your car for resale value, don't believe them.
Finally they had the audacity to try to suggest that I buy their entire system anew, because they would not transfer ownership.
VERY UNIMPRESSED WITH GARDX, WISH I COULD GIVE THEM 0 STARS.

Yeah welcome to Bimmersport @SteveJx.   You should post in new members and introduce yourself.  

Your principal issue is not with GARDX, but with Auckland City BMW. They made a promise and haven't delivered.  Get them to pay for the cost of GARDX, as it was a selling point.

Still, gotta laugh at GARDX suggesting you pay for the whole thing again.  What a have.

• Like 1

Next you'll be telling me Amor All is no good?!?! 

(such as applying a cut and polish)

LOL - then what is the GardX for? 

If you do a proper cut & polish, you can put on a high quality sealant or wax or even a ceramic coating yourself that will be a light years 12 years better than GardX.

• Like 1

The dealer tried to sell me on GuardX for the M4. Seemed like a waste of money when I looked it up. It's a polymer coating, I couldn't see how it was different to any other synthetic wax. 

Do wish I got some paint protection film though, now that would have been useful. South Island grit covered roads have pretty much sandblasted the lower side skirts and parts of the rear fenders. If I repaint these areas, I'll do it...

Edited by Matth5

These coatings don't even withstand a basic 3 min Google check... I wish people informed themselves before investing hundreds, let alone thousands.

Most even require an annual, user pays, inspection and "if deemed necessary" a (user pays) re-application to maintain the warranty. Ask for a no-conditions, normal use guarantee from the seller and see how they react. Panel and paint work? Full body re-application at retail cost. Use a car wash? Full body application at retail cost. Park your car outside regularly? Full body application at retail cost... the scam goes on.

They can't prevent stone chips or scratches (look up their Mohs level) but they can make washing your car easier for a few months, maybe 12 if you hardly drive it. If you park your Ferrari in a dusty garage for 320+ days of the year then perhaps you might get a couple of years of easy(ier) washes? 

Work out the economies and caveat emptor.

Oh, they are shiny though, that's mostly what you're paying for.

Edited by M3AN
sp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

These coatings don't even withstand a basic 3 min Google check... I wish people informed themselves before investing hundreds, let alone thousands.

Most even require an annual, user pays, inspection and "if deemed necessary" a (user pays) reapplication to maintain the warranty. Ask for a no-conditions, normal use guarantee from the seller and see how they react. Panel and paint work? Full body reapplication at retail cost. Use a car wash? Full body application at retail cost. Park your car outside regularly? Full body application at retail cost... the scam goes on.

They can't prevent stone chips or scratches (look up their Mohs level) but they can make washing your car easier for a few months, maybe 12 if you hardly drive it. If you park your Ferrari in a dusty garage for 320+ days of the year then perhaps you might get a couple of years of easy(ier) washes? 

Work out the economies and caveat emptor.

Oh, they are shiny though, that's mostly what you're paying for.

Sometimes I wish I had some kind of coating on my car. 

Whoever deemed car washing  to be a non-essential activity when water restrictions came in has never owned a black car! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NZ BMW said:

Sometimes I wish I had some kind of coating on my car.

I think they call it "paint."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, NZ BMW said:

Whoever deemed car washing  to be a non-essential activity when water restrictions came in has never owned a black car! 

Black cars, you'd think I'd have learnt the first time! smh.

14 hours ago, Matth5 said:

Do wish I got some paint protection film though, now that would have been useful. South Island grit covered roads have pretty much sandblasted the lower side skirts and parts of the rear fenders. If I repaint these areas, I'll do it...

Maybe for sills only, but if you do any large sections with a high quality job it is so expensive you may as well just repaint! 

On 12/8/2020 at 5:32 AM, Olaf said:

Yeah welcome to Bimmersport @SteveJx.   You should post in new members and introduce yourself.  

Your principal issue is not with GARDX, but with Auckland City BMW. They made a promise and haven't delivered.  Get them to pay for the cost of GARDX, as it was a selling point.

Still, gotta laugh at GARDX suggesting you pay for the whole thing again.  What a have.

Well GARDX have impressed me. As a result of my post, first they contacted me and then together with Auckland BMW have provided a resolution.

So THANKS bimmersport and THANKS GARDX. 

"Provided a resolution".

GARDX are paying you off?  Auckland City BMW are buying the car back from you?  They're transferring the warranty, and in six months they'll skin you for a re-application?

Come on man, don't be so cryptic.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 8:54 PM, Davehaynes said:

GuardX is pretty crap.

Look into Duraseal !!

Can confirm, my Standard 2 books are still looking mint, some 28 years later.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, leichtbau said:

Can confirm, my Standard 2 books are still looking mint, some 28 years later.

I'm happy with GardX, but having never seen / used Duraseal, I am unable to offer a comparison.  GardX makes it easier to wash the car and get a great shine without too much extra effort and I'm not the kind of person that is going to apply wax to my car when I should be!

Honestly..... as others have said this GuardX stuff looks to be just a totally overpriced (by about $950! :D ) application of a polymer paint sealant (like a Klasse....although Klasse lasts a long time). 

They seem to be riding the bandwagon of SiO2 ceramic coatings (which are great if you don't enjoy the whole car grooming process)....

Edited by HalfJobHarry