Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

850 Csi Manual

I have a customer doing a property deal at the moment. A part of that deal is a 1994 850 Csi. 1 Hong Kong owner (present owner) 20,000 km, Manual transmission, Silver with black leather, deep dished BBS mags and is in really mint condition.

Any ideas as to value ??? or is anyone interested ?

Cheers

Glenn

Pics?

Values of these are all over the show. If priced sensibly it should sell quickly.

Pics?

Values of these are all over the show. If priced sensibly it should sell quickly.

Bit of a bugger..no camera at work today. I'm going to try and keep it overnight. I have to do a thorough inspection of the car. Do pics in the morning

I have to do a thorough inspection of the car.

Of course you do.

:P

I've just checked all my dealer web pages, and there doesn't seem to be any 850Csi's listed, in fact was there a Csi model? My books show only the 850iA & 840Ci. as being sold new in NZ.

Is this a genuine csi like Brads? If so worth something, post the chassis number.

Should be 6 speed & 5.6ltr with M on the engine.

Edit: Tell your friend if he accepts any cars for property the car must be valued low.(50% of retail)

Otherwise why would you bother taking a possible pile of old junk for REAL ESTATE.

Edited by mr E34

Is this a genuine csi like Brads? If so worth something, post the chassis number.

Should be 6 speed & 5.6ltr with M on the engine.

Edit: Tell your friend if he accepts any cars for property the car must be valued low.(50% of retail)

Otherwise why would you bother taking a possible pile of old junk for REAL ESTATE.

Yes it is a proper Csi with the V12. I can give more details after lunch when he drops it off for the pre-purchase. I saw it this morning and it looked real mint. But I need to give it a thorough going over

As with any property trade deal, I'm sure both parties have inflated the price of their side.

I would have thought it was worth $40-50k if it is a genuine CSi.

As with any property trade deal, I'm sure both parties have inflated the price of their side.

You are probably right there.

Edit: UK CAR.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/596732.htm

Edited by mr E34

twice as much as an e34 M5?Same as an e39 m5???Who knows,one thing for sure,its a small market,because i would think only someone who knows what it is will be prepared to pay,and conversely someone who knows what it is will also know what they could be in for...Thast UK car is a minter tho isnt it!

Yeah, but who is going to write out a cheque for that amount on the spot?

These property deals never work. Why would want to get stuck with something you then have to go to the effort of trying to find a buyer for? You would only ever want to trade it for an amount someone else has promised to take it off your hands for. With this sort of car, I doubt there would be many buyers out there - especially at a premium price.

In this case, I doubt a dealer would want to retail it for more than $29,995. Yes, there may be some for sale around the $50k mark - but who is buying them?

Your client would be ill-advised to pay anything more than $20k for this car, unless he has a buyer lined up who is willing to pay more.

It is what its meant to be ...V12 5.6 Litre, no rust, 6 speed manual

Chassis # WBSEG92090CC88064

It is what its meant to be ...V12 5.6 Litre, no rust, 6 speed manual

Chassis # WBSEG92090CC88064

What sort of money are we talking? Has the onr indicated anything, could be interested.

If it's mint, how come it hasn't been rego'd or wof'd for a while? Surely it'd fly through?

Maybe it's been sitting while the Hong Kong owner has been in Hong Kong?

Glenn, maybe contact Gerry Hodges of the BMWCC? I'm sure some club member will be willing to pay top dollar for it. You could even call Team McMillian, if it's mint maybe it's something Bob McMillian might like in his personal collection.

Maybe it's been sitting while the Hong Kong owner has been in Hong Kong?

Thats correct.. never gets used. Has a few minor issues after inspection

Yeah, but who is going to write out a cheque for that amount on the spot?

These property deals never work. Why would want to get stuck with something you then have to go to the effort of trying to find a buyer for? You would only ever want to trade it for an amount someone else has promised to take it off your hands for. With this sort of car, I doubt there would be many buyers out there - especially at a premium price.

In this case, I doubt a dealer would want to retail it for more than $29,995. Yes, there may be some for sale around the $50k mark - but who is buying them?

Your client would be ill-advised to pay anything more than $20k for this car, unless he has a buyer lined up who is willing to pay more.

You are wrong. These property deals work all the time. If you'd considered what I said, in that both parties inflate the value of their respective trades, that is precisely why they work. I have seen a deal involving 8 cars, a boat plus cash for 3 houses. All the cars were at retail plus and all the houses were above market. Both parties factor this in and end out coming out with the result they want.

And there are plenty of people out there to whom $50k is nothing for the right car.

It'll be back here in the morning for WOF repairs

Adjust headlights

Replace leaking shocks

Replace power steering belt

Investigate brake pedal bypass (probably a new master cylinder)

The vehicle only has a few other minor issues we found on inspection

THE CARS MINT

I would confidently say that this is the best example in NZ

Come & have a look

Edited by botanymotorworx

:ph34r:

It’s a hard job eh Glenn! ;)

It’s a hard job eh Glenn! ;)

does it have a self levelling system???(leaking shocks ouch)

does it have a self levelling system???(leaking shocks ouch)

Not in the front..we are fitting Bilsteins. OE are $1500 ea plus GST

BTW....Pics tomorrow

Edited by botanymotorworx