Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

Dizzy cap and rotor

yea i went to the new kelston supercheap auto and asked if they had bosch GB878 dizzy cap and rotor and just got they reply saying, sorry we cannot stock that part.

so im looking for one for my 320i its a prefacelift engine (in a face-lift body , dont ask its fuked up i know) so if anyone has these thats are still good condition PM me or something

cheers

i think bimmersport should confront them and ask them to bring in and stock E30 bits in there stores if they can stock heaps of japanese dizzy caps and that can at least hav them for the most popular bmw model

just my opinion

i never have trouble with my honda :D

everyone stocks my parts of all kinds, "and many i meeean many, i tell ya many, lord cant ya TELL ME, i say MANY aftermarket parts too" "praise the lord!!"

yea cut it short, sucks to be you boh.

its a prefacelift engine (in a face-lift body , dont ask its fuked up i know)

so does that mean you can advance your ignition or whatever it was that andrew and dave did to their e30s...

yea i went to the new kelston supercheap auto and asked if they had bosch GB878 dizzy cap and rotor and just got they reply saying, sorry we cannot stock that part.

so im looking for one for my 320i its a prefacelift engine (in a face-lift body , dont ask its fuked up i know) so if anyone has these thats are still good condition PM me or something

cheers

hi there ,are you after the dizzy and cap formthe side of the engine ,or the one from the front of the engine . i probably have both availible .

conact me retarh1@wave.co.nz

Guest Andrew

cheers

hi there ,are you after the dizzy and cap formthe side of the engine ,or the one from the front of the engine . i probably have both availible .

conact me retarh1@wave.co.nz

he wants the one from the side

Ryan there is always the stealer.

Ryan there is always the stealer.

the stealer are you kidding me!?

i dont really need it done i just thought it would save me from looking like a dick trying to start my car afterskool and it not start and plus i know it is going to hav to be done at some stage so i thought might as well do it now while im getting it serviced and a new battery

stealer is way too expensive for me, i only hav $7 for petrol this week lol

Edited by bimmer boy

Have you got the price on one from the stealer? Do it if you havent, sometimes their prices aren't that bad. Some bits are even cheaper than what wreckers want for them.

i know it is about $110 for the rotor and about another 200- 300 for the cap

so i would rather be spending 400 odd dollars on somthing like lowering my car more or fixing my electric windows

dude having a car that goes is more important than lowering or power windows.....

i just think they are in the same catagory of things i need at the moment because my car now starts fine (because of your help!) i just thought if i could get a dizzy cap and rotor cheap y not do it so its not a urgent thing i need

oh..car goes? then spend on other sh*t..as long as it runs sweet

if there is nothing wrong with the existing one, then why replace it.

Also Ryan, a bit of free advice, if you are running low on money, and have only got $7 for petrol, maybe you should keep the money you would spend on lowering and tinted windows for a rainy day, when the next thing goes wrong (and I can assure you something else will go wrong soon enough).

If there is one thing I have learned from 5 years of E30 ownership, is that something is always about to break, or breakdown (the ownership cost of an older car).

Cheers

what do you mean e30s breaking down? you cant be serious!

ryan wait till you have replaced EVERYTHING...then start modding

at least not much will go wrong

ryan wait till you have replaced EVERYTHING...then start modding

at least not much will go wrong

:lol: LMAO I love the way you say that.... :lol:

yea thanks for that grant i learnt the hard way tonite, i got car working and that , took it for a drive just b4 and then the fuken wheel came off

i hav the worst luck , even worse than gus

yea thanks for that grant i learnt the hard way tonite, i got car working and that , took it for a drive just b4 and then the fuken wheel came off

i hav the worst luck , even worse than gus

Ryan, don't worry, we've all been through it.

Cheers

yea i guess i tend to worry more once i hav mission trying to put the wheel back one and then drive along more and hear a rumble and a different wheel is half on the car. ..im actually starting to fink someone did this to me , cos wats the odds of two wheels comming off?

might wanna check em all.....i think its all part of normal e30 ownership.....trust me the phase passes....after a long time

hehe well at least i found the knocking sound i was telling you about and what my borther thought was my sway bar , no worries mate just the wheel falling off!!!!!!!

cheers

Bimmerboy, if you you still want a Dist.Cap and Rotor, I can get a Bosch GB878 cap and a GB922 rotor for you.

You would be looking at $140 for the cap and about $85 for the rotor.(Probably less)These are Bosch and brand new.Prices are an estimate(not at work at the moment)but certainly not more than that.

Edited by 37 South

cheers

Bimmerboy, if you you still want a Dist.Cap and Rotor, I can get a Bosch GB878 cap and a GB922 rotor for you.

You would be looking at $140 for the cap and about $85 for the rotor.(Probably less)These are Bosch and brand new.Prices are an estimate(not at work at the moment)but certainly not more than that.

excellent i think i will take you up on that offer in the near future so dont forget

cheers buddy