Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Road Legal Track Car on a Budget

Looking mint as! Gotta get some pics with me too sometime :P

Black roof vs black bonnet haha, i'll have to get mine rolling first... dead battery lol

^ Cheers bro I'd be keen as. Yeah love the flat batterys, mad rush this morning, my battery kill switch filled up with water in all the rain we have been having and corroded something so had to go buy a replacement lol. Porirua pearl aka Flat Black FTW

just need to decide now when I do that wether I swap to a coupe shell and cage it and swap the good bits over :D got 6 months to decide haha. Cheers James.

FYI. when doing my 325i swap, i paid $500 for a complete Coupe shell from mosens in Hamilton so really its not that expensive, you could also buy a coupe shell and start doing the m50 conversion and keep your current car as a daily while your doing it. Then when your done swap the good bits over and sell the maroon missile.

That looks badass. Needs a matte black tech1 rear wing/homemade sheet metal for more win.

^ Yeah probably gona buy a tech 1 eventually, might give me a couple more KPH on the back straight at Manfeild :D Cheers Jon looks alright for a 20 year old shopping basket :lol:

Edited by Forrest

Looks good mate, esp the bonnet. Smoked indicators would finish it off are you considering them?

^ Thanks Max. Um I will be honest I think smoked or cleared lights/indicators look tacky...love the OEM orangeness. Flame Suit ON :ph34r:

Primes flamethrower

Are you effing serious or what? The orange sticks out like a sore thumb! smoked / clear makes the car look a lot more fluid and clean. sariyuslyyyyyyyy.

extinguishes.

Looking badass asss Nathan!

Loving the Matt Black bonnet, will look sick as with the tech1 spoiler....

AAANNNDDD...get clear or smoked indicators!

Maroon and orange clashes hahaha

Well I gave it a mega clean since Boost Junky (Luke) is down in Welly so I thought I would give him the fright of his life in a ultra clean monster :lol:

Looking pretty good for a 20 year old car with only one repainted panel. Am going to give it a good polish and wax next weekend when Uni breaks off for exam leave.

These pics are mainly here cause apparently nobody has seen my car as a whole, just parts of it :) also had a piss poor attempt at some art shots...im not a photographer of still cars, moving stuff like WRC etc is more my forte :)

Wheel alignment has changed the car, handles flippin amazing and all the money poured into that part of the car is totally worth it...especially the R888's :wub:

I am really happy with how it looks exterior wise, will probably get the wheels refurbed and powder coated gloss black in the summer with the m50 swap, mainly because the paint is pretty soft but it will do for now and looks good :)

In the middle of those pics is some new ad ons, just a tool box bolted to the floor for some zip ties ;) , 'real' number plates, bottle jack etc etc and also the dished wheel installed, it feels so nice :wub:

Still more bits to tweak, mainly the soft brakes, fit some brake ducts, harnesses and rear sway bar and this project will be done! For now.... :lol:

Enjoy everyone :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Forrest

I think they are my old Aluline wheels, did you get them off Anthony? Looking good.

^ Yeah I saw they were your old wheels. Have just polished them up and repainted. They are cool wheels. Thanks mate

I love it, all it needs is some checker plates on the floor in the front..

Cheers guys, I don't think it's too bad myself. Oh and Checker Plate FTL I ain't no ricer and it's too heavy!, atleast with rubber mats I can pull them out for the track days :) Went for a cruise with Boost Junky (Luke) yesterday in Welly, cruising along the motorway "oh bro are we really going 140? LOL", " I didn't realise this was a 1.6, goes hard as". Mwhahahaha makes the 5k ive put it in so worth it :D

I will wait for him to post here to get his true opinion haha.

Must be time to test it on the track B)

Edited by Forrest

Oh and Checker Plate FTL I ain't no ricer and it's too heavy!

Can't be that heavy... just about every race car has it..

^ When you have less than 100hp, weight is everything :D

Cheers guys, I don't think it's too bad myself. Oh and Checker Plate FTL I ain't no ricer and it's too heavy!, atleast with rubber mats I can pull them out for the track days :) Went for a cruise with Boost Junky (Luke) yesterday in Welly, cruising along the motorway "oh bro are we really going 140? LOL", " I didn't realise this was a 1.6, goes hard as". Mwhahahaha makes the 5k ive put it in so worth it :D

I will wait for him to post here to get his true opinion haha.

Must be time to test it on the track B)

Haha yea I thought we were going a faster than 100km and then thought nah its just cause the cars stripped out and louder.. but no we were, its qute a peppy E30 for a 316 ;) Makes me want to strip all my car out now. Shot for the cruise on Saturday man was fun.. handles very well IMO!

Also cheers for fixing my sisters car today she is stoaked, she was so worried about having no vehicle for work tommorow. A great example of another very helpful bimmersport member! LEGEND :D

^ Cheers bro, am mighty happy with how it goes atm as well, just needs that m50 ;)

And no worries, was good to rustle up a little cash, I was surprised how easy it all got fixed..bloody Nissans <_< ha

Edited by Forrest

^ Cheers bro, am mighty happy with how it goes atm as well, just needs that m50 ;)

And no worries, was good to rustle up a little cash, I was surprised how easy it all got fixed..bloody Nissans <_< ha

Haha yea it goes well man but yessss definitely needs the M50 that will be a whole lot of fun trust me..

Yea I thought that might be the case, she was stuck and I knew you might have been interested in some cash so worked out well haha ta bro :D