Sign in to follow this  
Matty104

Matty104s E30 325

Hey guys and girls,

Picked up my new wheels today and im stoked with how they look personally,

Was a big effort just to get them as i was told they would be ready last friday but the guy just stuffed me round for the week and then i got them and drove down the road hearing a rumbling / scraping sound , pulled over and one side had just rubed the whole time and scrached the hell out of the wheel , so after having a few coarse words to the guy he put a new wheel on and rolled my guards as he should , (you would think that they would know if something is or isnt going to work before the customer drives away wouldnt you)

but any way , they are 18" x 7.5" dtm ali 2, with 205 35 r18 tyres with a little bit of stretch in them, ( just going to see how i like the stretched tyres for the time being,)

Let me know what you think

Matt

post-3318-1219310953_thumb.jpg

Edited by M3 Cab

niiice man! i like them!

stretch is algood haha

cheers haha ,

Yeah just going to wait and see how much it wears but don't get me wrong im loving the stretch haha

Not bad man. What's next on the agenda?

Nice, what is the ride like??

WOW im sure ive seen that car before.. wait.. it was in our garage! haha yus 2 E30s in one garage!

Lookin good man..

It's quite a change from when I bought it:

post-339-1219367253_thumb.jpg

post-339-1219367268_thumb.jpg

Not bad man. What's next on the agenda?

Well ive just darkened the orange indicators tonight , but other than that ill just be geting a new sterio and tinkering around with it,

rust and respray in the near future also , and stiffen the suspension up alot. after that i want to decided weather i go for some 35% tints, i like them because of the obvious fact that you cant see straight through the car and look quite cool , BUT not sure weather they will suit it and not look to rice.

what do you think?

Nice, what is the ride like??

Alot rougher that with the bottle caps, but the suspension floats like a boat as it its now though so not to bad , but i do like stiff suspension so will be sorting that out quite soon .

Matt

Looks nice, i think i may of seen you but didn't get a good look.

Good that you doing the suspension also, just done a overhaul myself and worth every penny.

Not bad, looks way different since I last saw it, the king springs in there are well loved!

Edited by QuickSilver

looks great, heaps better than before.

I presume you work on killarney road I see the car there everyday as I work just up the road.

looks great, heaps better than before.

I presume you work on killarney road I see the car there everyday as I work just up the road.

yea mate i work at Cook and Galloway Engineers (down behind NZ Sign co) Where abouts are you?

Although its not a BMW i thought i would show off my project car that i just got back from the painters yesterday, a hell of a long way to go on it but it keeps me entertained and poor as most cars do

post-3318-1220779320_thumb.jpg

Heres a few more pictures of my SA 325i , slowly getting it to look the way i want it,

i have some new spring for the front arriving next week , and a new rear bumper on the way , i just colour matched the front bumper today but its not quite a perfect match unfortunaly

But anyway enjoy.

post-3318-1227324751_thumb.jpg

post-3318-1227324824_thumb.jpg

post-3318-1227324917_thumb.jpg

Coming along nicely. Looks clean as.

So this is what ive been slowly getting up to as of late

Bilsteins in the rear (amazing)

New steering wheel, still undecided weather i paint the silver black to have it all black , thoughts?

painted the rocker cover

re-covered rear parcel tray and front pillar covers , in the near future i will source another parcel tray as mine was falling to peices

Manual conversion, with short shift , and brass sleves in shifter links to tighten it all up

Vogtland 4cyl springs in the front,

Front swaybar to chassis bushes in nolathane,

new front and rear rotors and pads ( I forget the name of the pads but there a level up from bendix) and fluid flush

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next on the list is

Sort the rust out before it gets out of hand,

Dash mat

Tech 2 ( not in the immediate future)

Urathane bushings most of the way around

new slave cylinder

Enjoy