Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Oldskool bimmer on TM

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-173575286.htm

Havn't seen one of these E3's in yonks - its quite cheap at 2.5k?

Quite powerful @ 150kw for back then - top speed of 211kph not bad for the day either & 0-100 in 7.8seconds

Edited by X5V8

Showed it to my wife this afternoon and she asked when I was flying down to buy it !!

She absolutely loves it.....have to be honest, I am tempted :)

It's bloody tempting at that price. I'm in Queenstown on a booze trip in the X5 next weekend if you wanted me to take a look?

I doubt it will be there still to be honest, just checked & it got a new WOF today.

One of these now resides in Manurewa on Hill rd, along with an e39 M5.

What on earth is this guy offering it for 2.5k for!?!

Whats it worth? It may have issues is the thing, however it did get a fresh WOF today...

Yeah I saw it got a new wof, for 2500 its almost worth the gamble. At the very least you could flog the gearbox for a reasonable price should it fall apart.

However there is one word that keeps coming into my mind......rust

Yeah I saw it got a new wof, for 2500 its almost worth the gamble. At the very least you could flog the gearbox for a reasonable price should it fall apart.

However there is one word that keeps coming into my mind......rust

Yeah, rust comes to mind for me too - they don't have the best reputation (what does from that era?).

Don't assume the box is a 5spd - probably a 4 speed!

according to realoem it's a 4 speed, carfax the plate and the vin number is the genuine bmw one, comes up on realoem as E3 Lim 3.0Si M30 ECE 19731200 R M.

Been wofed regularly since 96, but odometer hasn't changed?

Edited by Silver Fox

I dont think you need a working ODO to get a wof, just working tacho and speedo? Seeing as ODO's often get replaced when their broken and can have different readings?

I want this bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get calling beeyotches... It's only 2 and a half grand! That's chump change for a classic BMW.

(What's the bet he starts getting calls and realises he's missed a zero and actually wants $25,000)

Get calling beeyotches... It's only 2 and a half grand! That's chump change for a classic BMW.

(What's the bet he starts getting calls and realises he's missed a zero and actually wants $25,000)

I reckon you might be right. 2.5k seems very low to me. Looks good knick in photos too.

I dont think you need a working ODO to get a wof, just working tacho and speedo? Seeing as ODO's often get replaced when their broken and can have different readings?

I want this bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't need tacho for wof.

Thats a siiiick car and so cheap someone must hit it.

That is very cool, if I didn’t have too many cars and a two full garages I would be in like flin.. so retro cool.

I'm in Queenstown next weekend & will arrange to look at the car personally.

Seems too good to be true? What is it actually worth?

Fifteen years ago, the 3.0Si models were going for between $6000 and $10,000 depending on condition/history/mileage etc. Since then, interest in the E3 model progressively diminished as prices for the E32 and E34 dropped, making the E3 appear unattractive value-wise. Many were cannibalised for parts to repair other models such as the E9, while others were simply driven until they died. About three years ago, the first article appeared in a UK BMW mag asking the question "where have all the E3's gone?" Apparently there were less than 50 E3's known to be on the road in the entire UK at that time. Somehow the E3 has less of a rust problem than the E9, but it still suffers from rust like everything else from that era.

They still haven't quite recovered the values they once had in NZ, but overseas their values are now starting to climb. They are generally regarded as visually more attractive and nicer to drive than the E23 that suceeded them, while still capable of embarrassing more modern cars handling and performance-wise. When the E3 was still in production, it was favourably compared to the XJ6, Rover 3500, Merc 280SE and others. They were highly praised by motoring magazines in the USA, the UK and Australia.

Am I biased? Of course I am! I've had a strong interest in this particular model for some reason since I was a pimple-faced teen, and I clearly remember the first one I saw in 1974. I still haven't completely sctatched that particular itch yet.....

Withdrawn by seller. Anyone from here buy it? X5V8?

2500 was not a lot of money, but from the photos he sent me, rust would be a worry.

Hope its someone on here though, would be nice to see more of it.