Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

Europlates..again...

So there is only so many times you can search for the info and come out wiht nothing before I had to ask.

Im very aware that germanplates are no longer doing NZ euro plate replicas.

As far as I know is that there is another place that still does them offshore, that are a bit more expensive than german plates.

Does anyone recall or know of where I might aquire some without doing the deed and going and getting a Europlate upgrade from plates.co.nz???

Ta

So there is only so many times you can search for the info and come out wiht nothing before I had to ask.

Im very aware that germanplates are no longer doing NZ euro plate replicas.

As far as I know is that there is another place that still does them offshore, that are a bit more expensive than german plates.

Does anyone recall or know of where I might aquire some without doing the deed and going and getting a Europlate upgrade from plates.co.nz???

Ta

I thought there was a "back door" way of getting Germanplates to do them? Someone here may know

Nope German plates has run out of the NZ black and blue flag stickers and won't be producing any more.

will that link work?id be keen az was planing on ordering one this week anyway?

ollie is suggesting that that link is no longer valid....

Get german ones, then get someone like Shelley to make you up the nz plate stickers.

Get german ones, then get someone like Shelley to make you up the nz plate stickers.

Yeah thats exactly what I was going to do if I couldnt find any. Just thought I'd try save a bit of fuss and try get the replicas rather than having to sort out sticker ends for them but looks like its what I will have to do..

Cheers for you help lads

Yeah thats exactly what I was going to do if I couldnt find any. Just thought I'd try save a bit of fuss and try get the replicas rather than having to sort out sticker ends for them but looks like its what I will have to do..

Cheers for you help lads

fill me in about those stickers when you sus it man

Don't mean to hijack.

The germanplates.com platebuilder isn't working for me. Just wondering if its my problem or the germans.

Would appreciate if you could check. LINK Just click on platebuilder on the left side. :D

Cheers

Works for me. Must be you, the Germans are perfect.

Dont mean to hijack either, But I read a while back that people wanted plates from gremanplates.com,

I just ordered mine and they arrived sweet, so Im happy to order these plates for anyone whos keen for a small fee. Really just for those who dont have credit cards etc .

Only thing i was a little worried about is that there zero font doesnt have a diagonal line in it, it still looks like a zero obviously and the o looks like an o just may bring a tiny bit more attention to the plate . prob wont be much of an issue just thought ild pre warn people , imo not many people will notice unless you have a black background plate anyway.

Are they NZ plates or are they just standard german plates ?

i ordered german ones for myself, But will order what evers available for whoever in need. from www.germanplates.com

Im keen for some silver lettering on black background for my black msport but nt sure if legal? an loop holes or sumthin i can say to the police officer that pulls me over?

Got pulled up by highway patrol near whangarei today on way down for gokart meet. Only reason he pulled me up was to ask about my german plates. Seemed satisfied when I said they were legit. The end may be nigh though....

I'm still pissed that plates.co.nz has a monopoly on plate manufacture.

Just landed this plate yesterday for the wife's Audi from germanplates.com so they are still making them.

Price was $US 46.80 incl freight to NZ

post-33-1220614449_thumb.jpg

That, and the fact their 'range' of plates avaliable suck. The seem to focus on the 'personalising' of the numbers, where other countries focus on the customising of the actual plate.

For example, the range of plate options in Queensland is incredible! Any colour and 100+ designs FTW!

While in Brisbane I saw a mean new Black X5 with a black plate with gold lettering. Awesome

Got pulled up by highway patrol near whangarei today on way down for gokart meet. Only reason he pulled me up was to ask about my german plates. Seemed satisfied when I said they were legit. The end may be nigh though....

Hey Bravo,

Do you mean they were legit as in purchased from plates.co.nz or legit as in purchased from germanplates but have the same registration number as your old ones?

Thanks

Dean

I said they were from plates.co.nz.