Sign in to follow this  
Jeddy

E30 318is with Pictures

Managed to take a few pictures today, shame about the weather but never mind.

Things to do with it, improvements etc will be posted in here to keep the threads down.

post-2334-1220327239_thumb.jpg

post-2334-1220327267_thumb.jpg

post-2334-1220327288_thumb.jpg

post-2334-1220327324_thumb.jpg

Nice! Love red e30's.

The interior looks in perfect condition too.

Nice.

Is that the same car that was for sale at Euromarque a few months ago for drug money?

Nice.

Is that the same car that was for sale at Euromarque a few months ago for drug money?

Nope. Different car.

Looking good Jed... can't wait to see it in the flesh. The iS lip and lower bumper looks in need of a cut n polish or perhaps a respray, but apart from that VERY tidy! :D

Looking good Jed... can't wait to see it in the flesh. The iS lip and lower bumper looks in need of a cut n polish or perhaps a respray, but apart from that VERY tidy! :D

Thanks guys

As mentioned in the last thread i'm an amateur car cleaner and did have time to do all of the car so only some of the car is looking better.

Have a few things i'd like to do to it, respraying a few panels is on the list but will save up for that. I'm sure other things will pop up soon tho.

if i were you id spray the IS lip black to match the rest, remove the mudflaps, H&R lowering springs and black tech1 rear wing. Beautiful car mate, wish one was available when i was buying.

oh and only flaw i can see, those white front lip clips stick out like a sore thumb to me, you can get them in black just get them off someone parting out a facelift e30 which had an "i" lip, or spray them.

Nice car you have there - good on you. Looks great in red

One minor constructive criticism - realighn the passenger door

if i were you id spray the IS lip black to match the rest, remove the mudflaps, H&R lowering springs and black tech1 rear wing. Beautiful car mate, wish one was available when i was buying.

Yea not a fan of the mad flaps, will take them off and see what it looks like. As for springs, i don't think it can go heaps lower, i know its not included but the lowest point under the car(exhaust) is 120mm and i dont want to be going scrapping the crap out of it but will investigate further. I was planning on replacing shocks and springs as current ones are quite spongy

oh and only flaw i can see, those white front lip clips stick out like a sore thumb to me, you can get them in black just get them off someone parting out a facelift e30 which had an "i" lip, or spray them.

Will do, they were annoying me also but haven't had it a week yet and theres only so much a can do. Will try and find some black ones or just paint these.

Nice car you have there - good on you. Looks great in red

One minor constructive criticism - realighn the passenger door

ROR, wow hadn't noticed that, will get onto, the reason it looks faded its cause that panels on either side have been polished but not the door.

Welcome to the "NZ e30 318is Owner's Club."

There were 20 imported into NZ.

It would interesting to know how many are still out there?

Welcome to the "NZ e30 318is Owner's Club."

There were 20 imported into NZ.

It would interesting to know how many are still out there?

Thanks

I know of around 5 on here and imagine there are a couple more, would be keen to find out who has them now though

Edited by jeddy

Thanks

I know of around 5 on here and imagine there are a couple more, would be keen to find out who has them now though

Question:

Was looking at the car side on and with the red lip it(to me) makes it look a bit lop sided/front heavy, you get my drift. Anyway i was thinking should i:

A: Paint the black side and bumper bits red

B: Try and find Tech I/II sides and rear and paint them red

C: Or just leave it as is?

I guess it is asking e30 318is owner's to put their hands up who are on BS.

I don't have pics to put up at the moment but have a red one, a black one and an engine & g/box. X ChCh. He was putting another engine in and strickly speaking rendering it a hybrid so would no longer comply with factory engine/car configuration albeit even though a rolling chassis still exists roaming around ChCh.

Question:

Was looking at the car side on and with the red lip it(to me) makes it look a bit lop sided/front heavy, you get my drift. Anyway i was thinking should i:

Either A or C mate, or how about getting some SE side skirts and painting them red ?

I wouldnt bother going to for the tech option purely because its an 'is' and doesnt need them.

Just my 'tuppence worth

Question:

what about painting the lip black?

Either A or C mate, or how about getting some SE side skirts and painting them red ?

I wouldnt bother going to for the tech option purely because its an 'is' and doesnt need them.

Just my 'tuppence worth

What do SE side skirts looks like? Anyone got any for sale?

I think the lip should definitely stay red. I'd recommend going for option A - it's a good look. Maybe get some clears and black kidney's also? Just my opinion :) Looks rad man

Yea keen for the lip to stay red. A's going to be much cheaper i'd imagine. Clears? Wouldn't that look a bit odd with black and red? Maybe smoked/black ones would look better cause orange looks naff.