Sign in to follow this  
Jeddy

E30 318is with Pictures

Had the car a month or so now and decided to spend some $$$ and improve a few things.

1st up is likely to be some suspension stuff as its quite soft. I was wondering what would be recommended? New Springs and Shocks? Will i need something different due to it being an iS?

Also Brian from Impwerks recommended a shortshift using one of These He said installed for $135. Is this a good deal or is it easy enough to do myself with very limited skills?

Also i need to get some car cleaning products/stuff other than the likes of Repco/super cheap is there anywhere else that has a good range in chch?

Cheers

Also Brian from Impwerks recommended a shortshift using one of These He said installed for $135. Is this a good deal or is it easy enough to do myself with very limited skills?

Cheers

I installed that exact shifter kit in my e30 track car about 2 weeks ago, fits well save the 50 bucks and do it urself. Takes a little fiddling around, i am no mechanic, especially taking the old plastic ball cup bushing out, (just use a screwdriver and chip away at it) and I found the plastic bushings that go in the shifter needed to be sanded down a bit to make them fit inside the shifter and on the outside so it fits on the shifter arm but other than that it fits great and is a vast improvement, defintely worth the 85$

If you have any trouble there is a article on how to fit a kit basically the same as this on pelicanparts.com, just search install short shift kit or pm me

Hope that helps

Nathan

I've got a bit of a conundrum. I'm in the process of acquiring some new wheels and was thinking i'd replace the springs at the same time.

Problem is the front is heaps higher than the back. Front from wheel to guard is about 70mm while rear is about 40mm. Should i just get some springs for the front or should i try and get some with a bigger drop in the front?

Cheers

The F/L E30 has low rear arches so it may just look like that. Looking at your pictures she sits level.

If it helps, I lowered mine about 35 front and 25 rear and It has what I think is a nice stance.

The F/L E30 has low rear arches so it may just look like that. Looking at your pictures she sits level.

Believe me its not level i'll add another picture if i have on that shows it. good 30mm difference.

Yea can see what you mean about the arches now. Still if its got a bit og a gangsta lean going on.

post-2334-1223972500_thumb.jpg