Sign in to follow this  
jjs

E36 M3 Cab

Sounds too good to be true... Eagerly awaiting photos / mech report being uploaded!

possibly wont be able to be road rego'd. But still what a steal! Ill buy it

EDIT: OMG it checks out ok

http://www.turners.co.nz/Vehicles/SINRepor...DF-04244E0E25ED

http://www.carfax.co.nz/car/?plate=WBSBF92...mp;search=Check

Edited by Pjay

possibly wont be able to be road rego'd. But still what a steal! Ill buy it

EDIT: OMG it checks out ok

http://www.turners.co.nz/Vehicles/SINRepor...DF-04244E0E25ED

http://www.carfax.co.nz/car/?plate=WBSBF92...mp;search=Check

Why won't it be able to be registered? Still has original live plates on it.

There have been quite a few sneaky bargains on Turners at the moment. Probably another repo that needs to be sold regardless.

I'd throw $8k at it, even if it was an old dog

If its NZ new why would it have the last place of registration being UK? granted it was 1995 but even if it was on the old tourist delivery scheme surely it would be classed as imported.

It has a current reg and warrant - it also seems to have no SIN (so not likely to be repod). It might be damaged... but then I'd expect it to be in a damaged auction. Wierd...

Edited by CamB

i reckon its a typo.. its actually 17500- 18500...

If i get it for 9k or under, ill take it

Guest SamSpargo

If its NZ new why would it have the last place of registration being UK? granted it was 1995 but even if it was on the old tourist delivery scheme surely it would be classed as imported.

Doug it had 92kms on it when it came into the country. Driven to the boatyard?

edit: build date:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do?vin=E...nd=P&arch=0

Edited by SamSpargo

i reckon its a typo.. its actually 17500- 18500...

If i get it for 9k or under, ill take it

Won't be a typo. There will be some reason for the price. I'm guessing either its a rough repo that needs to be sold quick, or there is some issue with it that requires quite a bit of $$$ spent on it (like a broken electric roof!).

I have rung Mohammed about this.

It's not a convertible. It's a Coupe - type the vin into RealOEM or bmw-z1 to confirm this.

It is repossessed, and is apparantly quite rough, and sounds like it has had the pants thrashed off of it.

I asked if I could get a pre-purchase inspection on it at Botany Motor Worx, and he said the cars aren't allowed to leave Turners. But they do have an in-house car inspection service, however I doubt they will even skim the top of what Glenn would check.

Remember, M3s aren't $8000 for no reason.

Beware.

I have rung Mohammed about this.

It's not a convertible. It's a Coupe - type the vin into RealOEM or bmw-z1 to confirm this.

It is repossessed, and is apparantly quite rough, and sounds like it has had the pants thrashed off of it.

I asked if I could get a pre-purchase inspection on it at Botany Motor Worx, and he said the cars aren't allowed to leave Turners. But they do have an in-house car inspection service, however I doubt they will even skim the top of what Glenn would check.

Remember, M3s aren't $8000 for no reason.

Beware.

That is standard Turner's policy. No matter what you are buying. You can take your mechanic to the auction during viewing time though.

Regardless of condition (unless it is a total wreck), at less than half the price of any E36 M3 I have ever seen advertised, it will surely be a good buy.

Oh, and haven't all M3's had the pants thrashed off them? - Its the reason you buy one over a 318i!

Can a Mod please shift this into the TradeMe discussions section?

Ta

This is a Turners listing, not a TradeMe one.

Regardless of condition (unless it is a total wreck), at less than half the price of any E36 M3 I have ever seen advertised, it will surely be a good buy.

An M3 of that age with an engine needing a rebuild isn't worth a dollar over $5k in my opinion. So I'd say you do have to be careful... (not saying it needs a rebuild, just saying I can imagine it not being worth $8k).

This is a Turners listing, not a TradeMe one.

I know that, I can read. The same still applies between the two - this is needingless chatter about a car for sale by someone else. When you actually own the car you can post it in the for sale section.

there was red one owned by a guy that use to work at european auto spares , he thrahed it all the time.

i wonder if its this one

I know that, I can read. The same still applies between the two - this is needingless chatter about a car for sale by someone else. When you actually own the car you can post it in the for sale section.

Eddy is 100% correct.

Therefore I have moved this thread.

Cheers

Grant

Eddy is 100% correct.

Therefore I have moved this thread.

Cheers

Grant

Does it really matter where a topic is posted? Was tossing up between "For Sale" and "Off topic". I dismissed "TradeMe" as the car was offered for sale at Turners. Should I run a poll next time to see where the majority think I should post a topic???

My god Bimmersport has gotten anal! Maybe some people should spend more time drinking on a Friday night, or with their girlfriends (if applicable)....

Does it really matter where a topic is posted? Was tossing up between "For Sale" and "Off topic". I dismissed "TradeMe" as the car was offered for sale at Turners. Should I run a poll next time to see where the majority think I should post a topic???

My god Bimmersport has gotten anal! Maybe some people should spend more time drinking on a Friday night, or with their girlfriends (if applicable)....

It is pretty damned simple, no need to get your knickers in a twist.

If you are actually selling something, then post it in the For Sale section. If you are only pointing to something else that someone else is selling (whether it is on Trade Me, Turners, Trade and Exchange...) it goes in here.

Easy enough for you to understand?

Cheers

Grant

My girlfriend's in Fiji - being anal is all I have to do in the meantime haha.

My girlfriend's in Fiji - anal is all I have to do in the meantime haha.

:blink:

What does she have to say about that? :lol:

I think you'll find that the Mods have just had enough of the crap thats on here at the moment.

Im constantly getting complaints about the foul language, the inappropriate avatars, the abuse etc and personally Im getting tired of people hijacking threads, going off topic and the bitching.

The thread has been moved and a moderator ha explained his decision, that should be enough for you.

:blink:

What does she have to say about that? :lol:

Ahh well, I see you removed the word being.

Of course that would change the meaning! :rolleyes:

why does she have orange corner, indicator and tail lights?