Sign in to follow this  
jjs

E36 M3 Cab

Clear indicators were an option on all 3 litre M3's.

All Evos came with them standard.

Clear indicators were an option on all 3 litre M3's.

All Evos came with them standard.

No, all 3.0's were orange.

The said car at Turners could make for a good Targa car if its cheap enough.

Being a repo though you would have to wonder if the money has been spent on it in regards to servicing.

IE, couldnt afford to replace flog lights so pull them out.

That reg looks familiar pretty sure that car was on trademe not so long ago

Because she's a 1995.

My 328i is a 95, and i have factory clears.

I had thought M3's were all clear standard, but as pointed out. Nope, factory optioned on 3.0's.

Wrong.

RealOEM Parts Diagram - M3 front/side turn indicators

Case in point: CrazyArab's 1995 M3 has OEM clears from the factory.

Is CrazyArab's M3 a one owner? If not how do you know they havent been replaced?

Weve had a 2 94 3.0 M3's and one 95 3.0 M3, all nz new. All had factory indictors in them. The Blue 95 was a one owner before we got it, it had orange indicators all round. The first purple 94 had factory clears in the front and oranges everywhere else (so I put oranges back into it), the second purple 94 had factory clears all round. My take on this was that someone was trying to update in.

Unless youve know a said car from new you have know idea.

Now, back to talking about the red E36 M3 at Turners . . .

Oh, and I might put my hand up for another, or should I hold out for E36 325 auto? Hard call . . .

Is CrazyArab's M3 a one owner? If not how do you know they havent been replaced?

Weve had a 2 94 3.0 M3's and one 95 3.0 M3, all nz new. All had factory indictors in them. The Blue 95 was a one owner before we got it, it had orange indicators all round. The first purple 94 had factory clears in the front and oranges everywhere else (so I put oranges back into it), the second purple 94 had factory clears all round. My take on this was that someone was trying to update in.

Unless youve know a said car from new you have know idea.

Now, back to talking about the red E36 M3 at Turners . . .

Oh, and I might put my hand up for another, or should I hold out for E36 325 auto? Hard call . . .

Dude, I just provided you with a link to the BMW parts diagram that proves without a doubt that BMW offered clear lights as a factory option on 3 litre M3's. What else do you need??!!

And you're right... back to the M3 at hand. Gosh, it would look better if it had been factory optioned with clears eh? ;)

Dude, I just provided you with a link to the BMW parts diagram that proves without a doubt that BMW offered clear lights as a factory option on 3 litre M3's. What else do you need??!!

And you're right... back to the M3 at hand. Gosh, it would look better if it had been factory optioned with clears eh? ;)

The link you posted from realoem.com doesnt say anthing about years.

I thought this was due to go under the hammer last week?

Would suggest to me it failed to reach reserve, which from the little I know of Turners would be $8k as it always seems to be the middle of their estimate.

If it failed to reach $8k there must be a few issues with the car, I would have thought?

Has anyone been to view the car in the flesh, can they give an honest appraisal?

How long does it take to get from Pukekohe to Turners? I might be interested in having a look at the week-end and bidding by phone / internet on Monday.

The link you posted from realoem.com doesnt say anthing about years.

The search was based on a Euro M3 with a build date of 6/1994

If you wish to continue flogging this dead horse, feel free to PM me so we keep it out of the thread.

I love the degree of “car-Spotting†on here

Just check the build sheet, it will state if the clears were fitted pre 96 factory as an option.

As on mine option: 785 WHITE DIRECTION INDICATOR LIGHTS

I prefer the Orange blinkers, distinguishes it as a 3.0L.

You want another one GolfBoy Trade-Me

Edited by Apex

I think this is the car I looked to buy at Jerry Claytons about 4 years ago. it was bought by a NZer in the UK who used it over there for 6 months before shipping it home. The speedo is in Km's.

What gets me is that car was in absolute mint condition, with 50km's on it. It now looks like sh*t. What a waste.

I have the original photos so will check the plate

lol, drag me into this sh*t gannethboy :P! I have no idea if my indicators came factory but I do know they are genuine BMW...

Anyhow the M3 is for 8k...

There is something wrong wit it FULL STOP (or will sell for a much higher price than reserve) :)!

I spent more than a year looking for my car, I basically wore out the "M" and "3" buttons on my bloody keyboard lol. Never came across an M3 that sold for something even remotely close to that price...

Edited by crazyarab

Does anyone know what this sold for? I had a drive of it and it seemed to go really nicely :s The front paint was really chipped but other than that it seemed okay...

sold for $13,700 plus $395 buyers , and yes it drives nice . and badly stone chipped front .

the guy must have drove fast then taikl gated trucks all up and down the mian trunk line..

also the other bargin that was there ,was a nz new e46 328i 5spd manual 163k etc

turners

sold for $6800 i think

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Now another new memeber of the HELLBM family.

Came to NZ with only 92 k`s now 122 k. Jerry Clayton did have it a few years ago.

Minor cosmetics. Easy fix..

Came from a liquidation of failed company.

Most of the others I have seen have alot higher k`s.

Now another new memeber of the HELLBM family.

Came to NZ with only 92 k`s now 122 k. Jerry Clayton did have it a few years ago.

Minor cosmetics. Easy fix..

Came from a liquidation of failed company.

Most of the others I have seen have alot higher k`s.

Nice one. Sounds like you got yourself a good buy.

Too many people here were quick to poo-poo it because it was at Turners, and cheap.

Guest Simon*

Too many people here were quick to poo-poo it because it was at Turners, and cheap.

Never poo-poo the poo-poo :P

Cheap to start perhaps but it ended up at $14k.

Now Ill be the first to admit that I dont know alot about e36 m3's but a quick scan on TM shows several you could pick up for that price, so not so cheap after all

Thanks Crockett. The one positive amongst the negativity.

Apart from the stone chips on the nose (getting fixed as I type) the car is pretty much faultless.

Running in service done at Shelly and all servicing stamped and up to date at Jerry Clayton and then Bellars Motor Works.

My quick scan of TradeMe shows higher k`s and higher price`s. Very pleased to come under my budget of 15 grand to get something that equals the HP of my 540`s.

Pics will come.

I wasn't negative on it - I just suggesting caution, so sounds like you did well :)

Pics would be good! The Turners ones sucked.

sometimes turners put in a low estimate on certain cars to get alot of interest and people bidding .

but reserve is set by the vendor so anything can happen

I bid on this car also.

Missfire when cold. oil leak from back of engine. Few minor dings all around. odd creak/scrap on left handers, gap in service records from 60>90kms. In hein sight an OK deal, not good, not bad (at wholesale expectations). I guess at 13 years old, it not gonna be mint.

Edited by Beeker2

May not be in the greatest condition now. But the person who bought it has the resources to bring it up to a real minta, and I'm sure it will be one of the nicest e36 M3's around. I'm definitely looking forward to some pics.