Sign in to follow this  
Old_Skool_Bmw

1990 e30 M3 EVO!!!

Looks very nice, but, $95k!!!!! Does it come with magic beans in the glovebox???

Looks very nice, but, $95k!!!!! Does it come with magic beans in the glovebox???

I know, it is a lot of $$$ but it is also a rare e30 M3 EVO and has had extensive mods done.. AF airbox, re-worked engine w/motec, AP racing brakes, BBS RS... the list goes on.

Laurence.

He's only had it 5mins so real estate not going that well then ha. Given that it was Roland's car its absolutely tops but its not $95k on this market. My bet is that he will struggle and most likely $80k tops given that low mileage EVO's are fetching around UK25k

He's only had it 5mins so real estate not going that well then ha. Given that it was Roland's car its absolutely tops but its not $95k on this market. My bet is that he will struggle and most likely $80k tops given that low mileage EVO's are fetching around UK25k

Agreed.

Price aside I just thought i'd put the add up so us members can have a look at pics of a really really hot M3 :)

Laurence.

I better not make any comments about this one. :lol:

Maybe Rolland should buy it back to keep the values up.

I knew I recognised that driveway - the same guy sold a really nice non-Evo one about 6 months ago. I guess he upgraded to the Evo.

From Classic Car website and its old so its probably sold so don't ring the poor guy and ask about it:

1986 BMW (Gen E30 M3) superb cond. $17,000 spent on ext. paint, int. leather, new bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, Brembo brakes, 18†3 piece wheels & tyres, momo s/wheel & alarm. $46,000ono. Ph Blair 021 431 644.

Posted Image

I wonder if he's upgrading again ... to a red cabriolet?

I wonder if he's upgrading again ... to a red cabriolet?

If he is in real estate, then I am guessing that he will need to go from this to a Hyundai

I better not make any comments about this one. :lol:

Agreed. Comments about the owner or previous owners should be kept to yourself.

Very rare,only right hand drive sport evo in NZ.

I think this man can ask what he wants for it. Its the only one here in Nzland

I think this man can ask what he wants for it. Its the only one here in Nzland

no, there is at least one other! A nice bog standard one too.

If he is in real estate, then I am guessing that he will need to go from this to a Hyundai

Um no , he owns the local realesate company. His daily is some kind of compressed V8 with AMG on the back.

Your looking at a "Sunday" driver. I wonder if he'd include this in a house sale ......

Um no , he owns the local realesate company. His daily is some kind of compressed V8 with AMG on the back.

Your looking at a "Sunday" driver. I wonder if he'd include this in a house sale ......

Neal - I think you completely missed the tongue in cheek, and general smartassedness of my comment.

It was aimed at the real estate industry as a whole, and the state it is currently in.

I have no idea who owns the M3, how much money he has, what colour his undies are or anything else, nor do I care.

In saying that, it is a bloody nice car, and I think that it is worth the $85k or whatever is being asked for it.

Cheers

Grant

Neal - I think you completely missed the tongue in cheek, and general smartassedness of my comment.

It was aimed at the real estate industry as a whole, and the state it is currently in.

I have no idea who owns the M3, how much money he has, what colour his undies are or anything else, nor do I care.

In saying that, it is a bloody nice car, and I think that it is worth the $85k or whatever is being asked for it.

Cheers

Grant

My reply was tougue and cheek as well, I'm hoping he'll see this as we've been looking at some of his companies house listings from time to time. If he could just find a way to include this in a house sale without the wife knowing I'd be a happy man . He'd have a laugh at the Hyundai .... How about it Blair ?

Edited by Neal

For this type of car to fetch top dollar it would need to be collectable on the world-wide market, not enough demand or dollars in NZ.

Unfortunately this particular car is missing either of the things that would make the real money. It is not original, especially the RHD conversion, and there is no interesting history, racing or otherwise.

Still a real nice car, and worth more than I can afford but the GBP25k looks much better value at the moment.

What you need to consider, is this car is registered in NZ currently so even though everyone mentions it's cheaper off shore which no one is disagreeing, you still need to import the car to NZ, pay duty and GST and are you going to pay that kind of money viewing it on the Internet, so add an return air fare to this plus how are going to reg, the car here?

Sometimes if it's a rare car it's worth paying the extra $$$ if you want it parked in your garage.

But not everyone would want to do this.

What you need to consider, is this car is registered in NZ currently so even though everyone mentions it's cheaper off shore which no one is disagreeing, you still need to import the car to NZ, pay duty and GST and are you going to pay that kind of money viewing it on the Internet, so add an return air fare to this plus how are going to reg, the car here?

Sometimes if it's a rare car it's worth paying the extra $$$ if you want it parked in your garage.

But not everyone would want to do this.

Fair point Wayne it is much easier to buy one here that is registered. I still believe that the money is a little high in a market where people are having to sell their toys rather than add to them but there is always someone with a nest egg to spend (unfortunately its not me ha)

If i had the money i would offer on this car knowing its history (might not be interesting but it been bloody well looked after with no expense spared and they did only make 600 of them).

Hows yours Wayne? hoping you still have it

I actually agree with pussytamer (despite the fact that I have a bad reputation around E30 M3 price discussions).

However in a country as small as NZ it can work both ways ---> you can find there is no premium buyer. I've got an old Porsche 911 I will eventually get around to selling once I've tidied up a couple of further things (actually did some work on it yesterday afternoon - wooohooo). I reckon the difference in price between a keen buyer who wants it and a "regular" price for it is in the region of 30-40%. There might only be a handful of people in the keen buyer category in NZ, and if none of them are in a position to buy at a given time ... I won't get the good price. Arguably it needs not just 1, but 2 keen buyers to create some price tension.

In the UK the gap would be narrower - a deeper pool of keen buyers. In the US it would be a lower price - more cars. In Australia it would be higher again - more buyers and fewer good cars... but we are in NZ.

It could be that there are only 2 keen buyers for the M3 Evo this thread is about - the last owner and the current owner - or there could be many. It will be interesting to see if it sells (the "factory" RHD one for sale by someone associated with BMW Experience motorbikes has been for sale for $80k for at least 6 months, and maybe even 12 months). Its also unclear whether Roland ever sold his restored M3 cab, although I suspect not and he may just have elected to keep it.

Edited by CamB

Mine is still in LHD and orginal Cond, (as Conrad pointed out ) other than the Scorpion exhaust. This allows me to market mine off shore, as there is a limited market for RHD, and never really understood why Blair's car ( 3 numbers between each of the cars) got converted as it's been in NZ for a number of years.

I agree that the buyer pool in NZ is small than else where and that will always impact on what cars sell for. Although all of the cars mentioned could be worth that money as always ya have to find a buyer.

Important to note that the car quoted as FACTORY RHD is not. It was built in Australia and there is no supporting documentation so effectively its a great car with a great story which might be impacting on the sale

I put "factory" in quote marks for that reason - there's an extensive thread around here somewhere on that one too.

Off topic - but this whole thread is anyway - but speaking of collectible(ish), I thought this was pretty cool:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-174906993.htm

It looks like it has most of the options from the period and low km, which restoration can't buy. It's only rare because of condition/km though, not because tii's were rare. Would probably cost that much to restore one though...

Edited by CamB

Funny you should say that Doug, as on s14.net the RHD car at Jerry Claytons came in in discussion and ended up being a big Sh*t fight as all forums would about that car...

An interesting read, sorry i'm a Virgin on Computers and wouldn't know how to add a link.

Must be this:

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t...ghlight=zealand

Definitely an interesting read. "Factory RHD conversion" might be the most accurate description!

Roland sure does like to argue, not that I can talk.

Actually I am now confused - is this the car? Or is this a different one again?

http://www.autotrader.co.nz/View/Used/BMW-...N=0&Ntk=All

Hi CamB

Yes you are onto to it.Rolland is best discribed as an passionate person who loves his BMW's and fly the NZ Flag. You are talking about the same car with your links.

Must be this:

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t...ghlight=zealand

Definitely an interesting read. "Factory RHD conversion" might be the most accurate description!

Roland sure does like to argue, not that I can talk.

Wank wank wank... I will never get back the last 15 minutes I wasted reading those threads!