Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Want to buy an e36

To cut a long story short Ive been asked to 'look' at this. linky

I know naff all about e36's, so can people please give me an idea if it looks a good deal or not.

I asssume this is the budget, so are there better deals out there ? Its for a first car so doesnt need to be anythign flash.

Cheers

Martyn

Interior looks dirty... could be a sign of how well it's been treated.

Things to check:

- Digital climate control, they're often faulty so make sure it works. Check heater blows strong and hot, check aircon is ice cold.

- Inspection light is on, even though it's just had a service from CHCH BMW (photos may be old of course)

- Check for rust around sunroof etc, and make sure it works both ways, (hold the close button down for tilt function)

- I'm dubious about the benefits of the engine being waterblasted!!! Trying to hide evidence of an oil leak(s)??

- Have a good scan over the service records for any major work that's been done, especially on the cooling system.

Apart from that just check the usual stuff you check when looking at a car... with the alarm and CD player etc it seems like a fairly good deal and the owner is heading overseas so will be looking for a quick sale. If it checks out I'd walk in with $4k and see if they take it.

boy the nz new cars seem to have the worst colour interiors