Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Bimmersport Calendar 2009

Hey Everyone, as per numerous requests we are going to put a bimmersport calendar together, we want photos of members cars whether they are individual shots or shots with more than 1 car.

We need to pick 12 fantastic photographs and would like you to submit your pieces of art, photographers will be recognized on the calendar and will receive a small prize. Owners of the cars photographed will be recognised also if they like.

Specs for photos are: 8MPX or larger (approx 3600 pixels wide)

email your photos to ollie@bimmersport.co.nz

sweet ill be taking my 12.1mp DSLR this weekend, hopefully get something worthy!

Just a few tips about taking photos.

Take them in as high qaulity as possible. Print standards dictate atleast 300dpi and between 8 - 6 mpx.

Dont worry about mucking around with colours in photoshop, leave that to us as it going to require the correct balance for print.

When you take / submit the photos make sure they are not under or over exposed. Think about framing the shot properly. look at the things in your shot and make sure you dont have too much of white or black (unless your going for that look)

Taking photos on grass is quite tricky, the colour green doesnt go with much and just ends up reflecting onto paint and spoiling colour balance of the photo.

Taking photos under trees with poor light also can be very hard to get right.

Would be great if the cars are clean when you photo them :)

Also thinking we might blank out number plates in the final print for obvious reasons.

Anyone organising a meet over the next month or so specifically for this? If i'm not working that weekend i'd be keen.

Hmmm my older pics of icebreaker 07 & anzac day cruise seem to be 3008 x 2000. is that too low?

Awesome idea! I'll be sending some bits and/or pieces through.

Do I have a greater chance if I have a windscreen banner that says "Ollie is the bomb dizzle" ? :P

So the disposable is a no-go?

LOL! I guess you're in the same 'cannot afford a proper camera' boat as well.

Also thinking we might blank out number plates in the final print for obvious reasons.

Blanking out plates looks ugly unless you do it in some way that it does not look obvious, maybe have the plates removed before you take the pic.

But in saying that the plates give the cars character, especially the euro ones. I say if you can't handle your plate being on display don't put it in the calendar. I'm sure bimmersport members who buy the calendar are not going to go to the post office and get address details to steal your car.

Just my 2penny.

Edited by M325is

Like what Shelly said insted of blanking it out why not get a plastic template and get Shelly to make up a vinyl sticker than just says bimmersport on it written small in black on white plastic

Like what Shelly said insted of blanking it out why not get a plastic template and get Shelly to make up a vinyl sticker than just says bimmersport on it written small in black on white plastic

P.s In hindsight this is too difficult since everyone is submitting thier own photos so the continuity wouldnt be very good so flag that idea

Hmmm my older pics of icebreaker 07 & anzac day cruise seem to be 3008 x 2000. is that too low?

yeah 3008 should be fine.

post-590-1221199448_thumb.jpg

before it was d1rty...

One of my faves :P

Edited by ED1RTY

post-590-1221199448_thumb.jpg

before it was d1rty...

One of my faves :P

Do we get votes? Cause I definitely put a vote in for a pic of ED1RTY. Hottest e30 around. B)

Anyone organising a meet over the next month or so specifically for this? If i'm not working that weekend i'd be keen.

I think a photoshoot drive would be a brilliant idea, cruise around some nice photo locations around auckland? Would be able to bring my Nikon D300 for those without decent cameras...

Since we have alot of members with very nice cars and not everyone will get be able to be the main picture on a month, Would it be a good idea to have a few small pics along the bottom of each page of members cars?

This could only happen if we had the numbers of course, Just an Idea to include more people/cars!

Sweet, I would defo buy a calender.

I'll bring my bikini along if theres going to be a photo shoot :P

And I would buy at least 3.

- Office

- Home

- Carshed

So would I! Especially if my car were to grace a page... ;) I'll gt snapping with the camera!

Man, we got a few lookers in Christchurch. Should organize a proper group photo shoot meet and see if we can snap a few winnaaz :)!

Man, we got a few lookers in Christchurch. Should organize a proper group photo shoot meet and see if we can snap a few winnaaz :)!

Yea I think its almost about time we had another meet in Chch now the weather is getting better. Not that any of my cars would be worthy enough for a spot in the calender haha

Idea (maybe for next year as we are running our of time), but maybe a groups shot from every region where there are lots of members?

Norhtland

Auckland

Waikato/Hamz

Hawkes Bay

The Naki

Wellington

Canterbury

Dunedin

That's 8 months Throw in four more of group shots of certain common models (I'm thinking e30, e36, e34, e39/e46 maybe?)

There's the year done.

Idea (maybe for next year as we are running our of time), but maybe a groups shot from every region where there are lots of members?

Norhtland

Auckland

Waikato/Hamz

Hawkes Bay

The Naki

Wellington

Canterbury

Dunedin

That's 8 months Throw in four more of group shots of certain common models (I'm thinking e30, e36, e34, e39/e46 maybe?)

There's the year done.

sounds very good! id drive a few hours to get my e30 in a good pic haha

Guest Simon*

Hawkes Bay

There's the year done.

Go the Bay ;)

We just need Doug to roll out his collection and we're half sorted