Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

fuel pressure regulator.

what willl hapen to the fuel pressure if a stock e30 regulator sees positive pressure?

Not quite with you - they see positive pressure anyway & control it to 32/33 psi

Not quite with you - they see positive pressure anyway & control it to 32/33 psi

he's talking +ve manifold pressure.

I'm still running the stock one on my car and haven't had any issues if that helps

also, most of the e30 FPR's i've seen run 43.5psi?

he's talking +ve manifold pressure.

I'm still running the stock one on my car and haven't had any issues if that helps

also, most of the e30 FPR's i've seen run 43.5psi?

OK - make sense. Will make pressure go up but shouldn't affect as demand will be there for it.

Nope - 32 -33 is spec - for M20 engine anyway. I would assume M10/M40 to be similar

Will go to 40+ with vacuum line off the regulator

OK - make sense. Will make pressure go up but shouldn't affect as demand will be there for it.

Nope - 32 -33 is spec - for M20 engine anyway. I would assume M10/M40 to be similar

Will go to 40+ with vacuum line off the regulator

sorry, forgot about actual rail pressure, I was talking about pressure difference between rail and manifold, which should be 43.5, I guess if the engine is pulling a reasonable vacuum at idle then you would see ~32psi in the rail

It is a 1:1 ratio FPR, so for every lb of boost, it will increase fuel pressure by 1 lb. (as far as I understand it)

If you are using a aftermarket tuneble ECU, there is no reason to change the FPR.

My car is idleing sweet as, but when i accelerate it looses all power and it almost feels like the engine is cutting out, it only does this somtimes and it is very random when it occurs, do you think this will be due to the fuel pressure regulator?