Sign in to follow this  
Beeker2

M5 E60 at Turners

Given the number of e60 M5's about at that price at the moment, wouldnt it be better to look at one thats not making a noise ?

Agree with Penry on this, a car like that needs a dealer inspection so buy elsewhere. There is an 05 import on trademe for 100k, McMillan serviced, get them to inspect & ask questions about service costs, won't be cheap.

Give Clive a at Continental car services, he works at Alfa Romeo. He offered me one last week for considerably less than that.

Agree with Penry on this, a car like that needs a dealer inspection so buy elsewhere. There is an 05 import on trademe for 100k, McMillan serviced, get them to inspect & ask questions about service costs, won't be cheap.

How much did he offer one for, specs?

PS. I've looked at the car myself, and cant pick up any such noises, but its on the report. Drives ok except for the slight head slapping SMG 1>2 gear change.

Note: This car got passed in last week at my top bid of $86k (3x other dealers bidding). BMW finance are hanging onto their reserve for the mean time which is closer to the estimate. I was surprised it didnt go higher, but maybe thats just the market price ??

Trademe shows dealers asking $120>$150 for 05/07 cars with 20>60km, NZ new. I guess you can knock $10k instantly off most of these prices with some arm twisting.

Edited by Beeker2

Nothing wrong with your RS4, powerful beast!

edit: latest TBMW mag a guy hated the wood so much had it stripped off(just clips in) & painted silver, looked more modern instantly.

Edited by mr E34

Nothing wrong with your RS4, powerful beast!

edit: latest TBMW mag a guy hated the wood so much had it stripped off(just clips in) & painted silver, looked more modern instantly.

Its a B5 RS4 2001. Had it for 5 years, time for a change. Its got grunt and looks, but it's not really a drivers car, just a very dam fast shopping basket on steriods.

yes, thanks, i've always prefered NZ new cars thou.

ps. Hate fake wood trim!

True, the wood doesn't look motorsporty whatsoever.

Also, you can't fit Europlates to the back of that M5 <_<

fwiw the e60 m5 is not the nicest sounding engine at idle..apparently

And when exactly are you going to be wanting to listen to the idle on your 507bhp monster :P

fwiw the e60 m5 is not the nicest sounding engine at idle..apparently

This could explain the technical report of engine noise. Checked the youtube top gear and 5th gear M5 report and they say the same, ruff sounding startup and idle.

Bit like the 996 turbo's, they sound like they have done a bearing at idle.

Edited by Beeker2

RS4 man, what do you think of this? A bit OT from BMW but still a fast car. The price is about $30k below dealer's!! 07 RS4

[

I think you can take that whole number plate panel off - it's only plastic and clipped on.

[

I think you can take that whole number plate panel off - it's only plastic and clipped on.

True, it comes off and looks like mine at the back, failing that you could just buy the Euro version to replace it. I would be more chessed off that I couldn’t use a few of the cars systems because they are in Jap spec and that the car wouldn’t have a service history.

You must remember these engines are highly tuned, there’s bound to be a bit of ruff noise in a car producing 500bhp! Id happily giveaway the smooth idle sound of the 4.4ltr for a 500BHP 5.0!!

I saw this last night at Wellington Star (Mercedes dealership in Wellington) and thought you might be interested.

It may have done too high K's for you though.

E60 M5 $86,990

84,000Km

BLACK

http://www2.carupdater.com/star/allgalleryview.asp

Cheers,

Dean

That would be the lowest dealer priced M5 i've seen. The good internal trim too. What massive depreciation over the new price! I've kinda drifted off the M5 idea thou, the SMG is a real turnoff, i like a clutch and its good for keeping the tarmac rally skills working. I'll probably get a B7 RS4 avant, just have to wait for the right spec/milage/price to come up.

Edited by Beeker2

That would be the lowest dealer priced M5 i've seen. The good internal trim too. What massive depreciation over the new price! I've kinda drifted off the M5 idea thou, the SMG is a real turnoff, i like a clutch and its good for keeping the tarmac rally skills working. I'll probably get a B7 RS4 avant, just have to wait for the right spec/milage/price to come up.

Regarding the SMG, i was told from the UK that the boxes fail & it's a 16,000 pound cost for replacement. :wacko:

so about 43000 nz!!???

The exchange rate is only relevant if your salaries are comparable in both countries. My income halved when I came back to NZ, so in real terms for me gbp 16k would be about nzd 25k.

Still alot of money though !