Sign in to follow this  
Julian@Racetech

Another new guy

Hi guys and girls, met a few people at the speed show running in the E30 racing series and think i may have been convinced to give it a go since I sold them a few cameras and a few of you are sitting in our seats! (I work for Racetech in Wellington. My current cars are the family Pajero and a 94 Audi 80 I bought as a project but now bored with.

My last road car was a 92 525, Factory BBS wheels 24v motor and 5 speed auto, loved it but alas had to make way for the Pajero (we have 5 kids!).

Last competition car was a Pulsar GTiR Rally car (Group A not a converted road car) and again sorely missed.

Would love to talk to anyone running in the E30 series.

Cheers,

Julian

post-3441-1222247685_thumb.jpg

Welcome Julian, get a car and have a go, it's the most fun you can have sitting down.

Just make sure you go for a 318, they're the hot item at the moment, not that I'm biased at all. ;)

you'll find a fair few drivers here most of the time, at the moment, right now we've got

Hotwire,

Silver fox,

Key2

ash66

ashmill

shuey

gerfav

stevo

maybe some others who're hiding as well?

Hope the camera works well, I bought one.

Edited by Silver Fox

Welcome Julian :) Try posting in the Race Series forum, as I think some of them don't read this one.

This is it?

Welcome aboard Julian!

That rallying looks great fun.

Thanks guys, was angling the 318 way but finding a manual coupe seems like a bit of a chore, trying to work out if its easier to put a 318 motor into a 325 or a manual box in a 318.

How many guys are running Sedans?

The cameras are awesome if!!! YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! :D

Welcome aboard Julian!

That rallying looks great fun.

Fun yes, ridiculously expensive also yes. 350hp in a 4m long car has it challenges.

Manual box in a 318 for sure, do it easy in a day. There are a couple of 4 doors, doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to be honest.

The 318 box is unique to that motor, 318 engine won't fit up to a 320 or 325 box.

Hi guys and girls, met a few people at the speed show running in the E30 racing series and think i may have been convinced to give it a go since I sold them a few cameras and a few of you are sitting in our seats! (I work for Racetech in Wellington. My current cars are the family Pajero and a 94 Audi 80 I bought as a project but now bored with.

My last road car was a 92 525, Factory BBS wheels 24v motor and 5 speed auto, loved it but alas had to make way for the Pajero (we have 5 kids!).

Last competition car was a Pulsar GTiR Rally car (Group A not a converted road car) and again sorely missed.

Would love to talk to anyone running in the E30 series.

Cheers,

Julian

Hi Julian,

Paul here from Interpart. I'm just round the corner in Sydney St.

Drop in and say hi, would be glad to help.

Hi Julian,

Paul here from Interpart. I'm just round the corner in Sydney St.

Drop in and say hi, would be glad to help.

Hi Paul. will drop in tomorrow! Thanks!

Don't pay too much attention to what Paul tells you Julian, he spends more time fixing his panels than he does on the track. :lol:

Manual box in a 318 for sure, do it easy in a day. There are a couple of 4 doors, doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to be honest.

The 318 box is unique to that motor, 318 engine won't fit up to a 320 or 325 box.

Thanks that sounds like the answer! I kinda like the look of the sedan and they seem easier to find. The main reason I think the 318 is braking distance without the extra weight or am I out on this?

Don't pay too much attention to what Paul tells you Julian, he spends more time fixing his panels than he does on the track. :lol:

We'll get on well then! except I used to bump into scenery rather than other competitors!

Thanks that sounds like the answer! I kinda like the look of the sedan and they seem easier to find. The main reason I think the 318 is braking distance without the extra weight or am I out on this?

Yeah, we outbrake them, also we seem to have almost as much initial acceleration, it's only the topend where they still rule I think, hence why they do so well at Puke.

The 318's are certainly the easiest to drive.

Shhh... Don't want to give away to many 318 secrets, they well all want 318s! the lighter weight helps but up until this season we haven't been able to get close enough to the 320s to use the the breaking advantage.

Sssshhhhh, talk to Paul quietly, the walls have ears. :ph34r: