Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Thoughts and opinions please!

ive always liked z3s if i had the money i would buy one put on some nice rims ..that one looks nice though

Guest Simon*

OK apart from the fact that I must insist that you get that hat the owner is wearing to go along with it - I've always thought of the Z3 as a bit of a hairdresser's car ;)

BUT! I have only one word for you Chris ... MMMMMMMMMMPPoooooooowwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

(Liking the dish on the rear too)

In all seriousness though is there any way you could fit your 'do in with the top down? How are they for closed headroom?

I really like it. I don't think you need to worry about the hair dressers car thing when its an M Z3

I've always had a soft spot for the Z3 shape but wouldn't buy a normal one.

This I like!

wouldn't go for a soft-top but I reckon the Mcoupes are frickin cool. Something about the oddball proportions with the big guards

I’d prefer the Coupe as im a Ginge and allergic to daylight which would make owning a vert pointless. The roadster would be cool but!

something about the Z3 roadster just doesnt do it for me.Would be a z4 for me i think,but //M power may make up for it!.Z3 coupe is also odd but agaim // M power may do it!

Edited by kiwi535

Generally not a big fan of Z3... but I wouldn't mind owning this one. M Power, and I really like the inside of this car - those seats are really cool. Bet its fast too :)

I bought this car 3 years ago with 60.000 and barely used it....

Kilometres: 103,000km

Barely used it, yet he managed 43,000kms in 3 years

I bought this car 3 years ago with 60.000 and barely used it....

Kilometres: 103,000km

Barely used it, yet he managed 43,000kms in 3 years

Just what i thought.

I dont like the z3. But M power, everyone wants some of that. Got to say out of the z3 on Trademe etc these models are the better for the face lift. And it has been looked after, not sat on a car lot.

I go past a z4 in a car lot on the way to work, been there for a while now, i want to take it home.

I think if you get it you would be happy. Good luck.

Nice! Who gives a crap if people think its a hairdressers car- it would probably be faster than their car anyway.

I had a ride in a dark green one a while ago- tonnes of fun!

I don’t see them as hair dressers cars at all, the M-Roadster and M-Coupe would IMHO be the maddest cars BMW have ever made, they looked very pumped and make a very nice sound!

Id rock a black one.

This also could be a reason why I don’t see them as Girly?? How many BMW’s can you have this much fun in.

FUN FUN FUN

Guest SamSpargo

I love the E36/8 , but E36/7 is just a little bit hairdresser for me.

Oh and they're perfect for swapping everything into an E30 shell. Literally everything goes in. 5lug, engine etc etc.

Ahhh the memories of spending endless hours of watching this DVD in Automotive class last year. Tiffs the man!

Edited by Quailboy

I personally don't see the attraction with convertibles and don't think I could own one myself. It is either too wet to have the top down, or you get a blistering sunburn in this country....

Having said this, I have always loved the Z3 shape, and that M power is a powerful incentive.

This I like.I have to admit I too have the hairdresser hang up a bit.

But,my brother has an 06 Z4,different car I know,but driving it is a real rush + I like convertibles even if everyone thinks you're in the middle of a mid life crisis.

I noticed the Z3M for sale on Trademe several weeks ago, and have followed it with interest.

The Z3 as a range has had bad press since its release, and that has continued from people who in many cases haven't even driven one. The "hairdresser" label has stuck.

My wife & I have been riding motorcycles for many years and had never owned a convertible. When we took a holiday in Melbourne several years ago we initially planned to hire a couple of bikes. The cost and logistics got too messy, so we changed tack and hired a convertible instead just for the novelty of it all. We got a Z3 2.2 and for our purposes it was a blast. In many ways it was as good as a bike, but with a stereo and a heater! I don't doubt that on a racetrack it may not be the ultimate track weapon, but at open road speeds that Z3 achieved two things: it *made* our holiday, and it changed my thinking about convertibles sufficiently that when our M3 convertible turned up on a mate's caryard a few months later, we grabbed it with both hands and still own it now.

Now, I realise that an M3 is a long way from a Z3 2.2 (and for the moment let's ignore that fact that the M3 offers four seats compared to the Z3's two), but the driving experience in traffic or under normal circumstances isn't that far away. We have found living with a convertible as a daily driver to be quite viable, and surprisingly practical. For those occasions where travelling by bike isn't a convenient option, the convertible often is.

If we didn't already have the M3, I would seriously consider the Z3M.

In my oppinion, it's hideously ugly!

Then again, M3 Evo engine on a lighter body is surely.... a monster on the road.