Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Turners Prestige / Classic Auction

A few bargains were had at the Turners Prestige Auction and also the Classic Auction which followed it:

BMW

Sold:

08 X5 V8 4km $101,500

Passed in:

06 M5 43km $89,000

05 X5 V8 21km $48,000

04 X5 4.8is 71km $50,000

85 635 CSI (Red) $6,000

88 535IS (white) $3,500

Didn't manage to see the 645ci and 530d, did anyone see what these went for?

Non-BMW - lot's of very cheap cars! A wee selection:

Sold:

03 Porsche 996 Turbo Cab 53k $96,000

05 Bentley Conti GT 50k $139,000

06 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 53k $88,500

07 Audi RS4 36k $87,000

Passed in:

04 Mercedes S55 AMG Kompressor 71k $43,000

04 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro 58k $21,000

05 Dodge Ram 5.7 50km $30,000

All the prices i've mentioned didn't include the buyers fee (which I think Turners pumps up for these auctions).

Surprised no one from BS was there bidding on the 535is or 635csi's. Those are cheap cars.

Buyers fees were 6% on the sub $50k cars, and 4% on the $50>$75, 3% $75>100k ruffly from memory.

I was the under bidder on the RS4 right to the end. Would have paid more if it was a wagon. $91k is pretty much the tradein price for that car.

Buyers fees were 6% on the sub $50k cars, and 4% on the $50>$75, 3% $75>100k ruffly from memory.

I was the under bidder on the RS4 right to the end. Would have paid more if it was a wagon. $91k is pretty much the tradein price for that car.

I'm pretty sure with a bit of negotiation you would be able to pick something up very similar for under $100k at a dealer, they would be able to take care of your trade in too. There are plenty of RS4's for sale at the moment.

Did you have a crack at the M5?

I was bidding for the Maserati until it hit $39k. Stopped because it is a 9 yo Italian super car ...... If I continued I would've gotten it.

I was bidding the RS4 as well :-)

The 535 and 635 were very tempting, but again, couldn't be bothered maintaining either one.

One Cayenne went for $63k!!

I was bidding for the Maserati until it hit $39k. Stopped because it is a 9 yo Italian super car ...... If I continued I would've gotten it.

What did it go for in the end?

What did it go for in the end?

$39.5k for negotiation but getting very, very close. The auctioneer was very frustrated that I didn't click the 'Bid' button. BTW, I was bidding on Live Auction from Wellington!

I suspect another $2-$3k would be enough to secure it.

The Nissan GTR was where I would have spent my imaginary 100k. The e60 Diesel had a kit and some funny clear taillights, wasn’t bad. I did like the E34 535i though, the E39 M5 wheels in charcoal really went well with the white.

Won’t be selling mine there that is for sure.

The Missus is looking for a “to work and back†car with a budget of 8-10k, would it be safe to say the cars at turners are rejects in this price bracket?? Anyone had experience with a Turners car?

I bought a VK Holden in 1999 for $1500. Was an awesome deal! That was my last Turners experience so not really valid. However, in my experience (I bought quite a few cheapies from turners before that), its like any place - you need to check the car out thoroughly first.

Plenty of ex-lease and ex-company cars at that price - high kms, but good service records, and only a year or two old. Souless japanese metal though.

The Missus is looking for a “to work and back†car with a budget of 8-10k, would it be safe to say the cars at turners are rejects in this price bracket?? Anyone had experience with a Turners car?

The wife's Focus was in that bracket and we've had a couple of problems with it but they gave us a 6 month warranty and they have all been fixed under that.

I wouldnt say the cars are all 'rejects' in that proce bracket but the cars are all pretty basic and tend to be Jap cars they have brought over themselves.

Cheers guys.

We were looking at a Corolla but they seem overpriced, looked t a couple of 147’s. Shame she doesn’t want a BMW.

If we sell the 545i this week we might go along on Friday and have another look.

What’s the Focus been like Penry?? Would like to look at one as well as a AH Astra, having owned one they aren’t bad.

Edited by Apex

What’s the Focus been like Penry?? Would like to look at one as well as a AH Astra, having owned one they aren’t bad.

Pm'd. dont want to go too far off topic ;)

can get good buys at turners...just have to check them well because some of them ARE sh*t...

Seems people just get carried away because they think its a bargin (same as mortgagee sales). Independent Prestige sold an 07 RS4 sedan in silver with 5ks on it for $99k. I would have thought that a much better buy.

Ha drove a RS4 Avant in the weekend and now i really really really want one ha