Sign in to follow this  
Beeker2

m5 e60 at turners damaged

Yeap,

But without pics & it's quoting frontal damage, could be one very expensive coffe table base too !!

Maybe off to HELLBM

Should be an interesting auction.

post-1470-1222839591_thumb.jpg

my e28 needs a upgrade soon

Would be a very expensive fix for it to be written off. I would say good for parts and that’s it... Maybe convert a lesser car.

Where is the Auction?? Im off to turners today.

It would be very difficult to fit all the sensors etc etc into an e30 or e28 I would of thought?

Where is the Auction?? Im off to turners today.

Damaged AKL auction- 9th

Edited by Quailboy

Ah, Penrose.

Maybe convert all the fruit it into a shelled Japanese import E60 520i (20-30k), strip it out and cage it, would make for a very fast race/Targa car. And you could sell all the 520i and M5 fruit you don’t need.

A striped out E60 would most likely come in at under 1500kg, 500HP 1500Kg equals fun.

Ah, Penrose.

Maybe convert all the fruit it into a shelled Japanese import E60 520i (20-30k), strip it out and cage it, would make for a very fast race/Targa car. And you could sell all the 520i and M5 fruit you don’t need.

A striped out E60 would most likely come in at under 1500kg, 500HP 1500Kg equals fun.

no we need to build a car under 1000 kg or even less,then we can begin to get an idea of what F1 cars are like....

no we need to build a car under 1000 kg or even less,then we can begin to get an idea of what F1 cars are like....

Bmmersport community project car? I Like the sound of that.

It would be very difficult to fit all the sensors etc etc into an e30 or e28 I would of thought?

Forget sensors, 500hp E30 skid machine

Bmmersport community project car? I Like the sound of that.

haha im keen, 3000+ members with no money equals a do-able project budget! we all give 20 dollars we would be in with a grin! would love to see it end up on the track...

If Ray buys it im sure he will have some pretty good plans!!!

Be interesting to see what it goes for/if there is much interest in it

I doubt it would need a reshell, it does not look that bad at first glance. Airbags going off usually mean a writeoff these days, they can be horrendously expensive.

I would not even conside a transplant of one of these engines unless you know someone who is VERY clever with electronics, it is not a job to be underestimated. Would make a really cool open class race car I think!!!

Conrad

Such a shame..

I read in TBMW mag that the e60 is exceptionally expensive to repair any frontal damage, and it looks like the chassis is well borked considering the front doors are misalligned.

Um yea, a write off normally means it will cost more than the cars worth to rapair or that the car is unable to be repaired.

I see it is still up there, no takers obviously? Did anyone go to the auction?

Conrad