Sign in to follow this  
Walter

Leaking sunroof

We have just had my wife's 87 E30 2 door painted. The sunroof was removed and since then it drips under hard rain. How can we fix this or more importantly, would a new seal do the trick and where can we get one??? Cheers

The seals don't do much in heavy rain, the water should run down into the drain pipes, you need to check that the drains are not blocked and actually connected properly.

^ yea the seals don't do much. Water comes in through them then is supposed to drain out of any of the 4 drain pipes. The front ones go down the pillars and out behind the front wheels, the rears out in the boot. If you have access to an air compressor stick the nozel in each of the 4 pipes and give it a good blast then check it over to make sure everything is still connected.

Most likely the channel at the rear of the sunroof, (it is like a gutter that channels the water across to the sides of the car) was not connected when they put the sun roof back in.

Most likely the channel at the rear of the sunroof, (it is like a gutter that channels the water across to the sides of the car) was not connected when they put the sun roof back in.

My channel has a rust spot in it, is there any way to remove it without removing the whole sunroof?

The person who fixed my sunroof reckoned you would have to take the headlining out. <_<

My channel has a rust spot in it, is there any way to remove it without removing the whole sunroof?

The person who fixed my sunroof reckoned you would have to take the headlining out. <_<

Chewing gum, wrigleys juicy fruit works best, ask me how I know...