Sign in to follow this  
perreaux

Another East Aucklander Joining

Hi, just bought an E34 540i so figured I best join a group of like minded folk who know something about them :-). First European car I've had in a long time so still giving the wipers a run for their money, indicators on the other hand hardly get any use at all..no doubt I'll get it right eventually !!

Have done about 500k's in the 540 and it's really smooth and not nearly as bad on fuel as I thought it might be, anyway I figure none of us will be able to afford to run a V8 anything in a couple of years so best get the most out of one now

In the meantime this looks like a really friendly forum with lots of help for "newbies"

Cheers

D

post-3724-1224885249_thumb.jpg

post-3724-1224885428_thumb.jpg

Welcome D, good to see another East Aucklander!

Very nice car. Your right, everyone has to own a V8 in their life, I'm still waiting unfortunately.

BTW is this "arros's" old car?

First European car I've had in a long time so still giving the wipers a run for their money, indicators on the other hand hardly get any use at all..no doubt I'll get it right eventually !!

Welcome mate, that's a great excuse to go out and drive the car more. Practice makes perfect ;)

BTW is this "arros's" old car?

Arros's car had different tail lights and I think he said the buyer wasn't from Auckland.

Welcome mate, that's a great excuse to go out and drive the car more. Practice makes perfect ;)

Arros's car had different tail lights and I think he said the buyer wasn't from Auckland.

Correct it's not "arros's" old car although we did communicate on numerous occations....there were 2 very similar 540's for sale at the same time and I got the other one .......naturally I'm hoping it was the better of the 2 :-)

Congrats on the car D, and I'd love a V8 too however I'll have to wait.

You should come and join us at our monthly meet ups. It's every third Thursday of the month at Garrison's Bar in Sylvia Park. A few beers, a meal and good old chin wag.

Congrats on the car D, and I'd love a V8 too however I'll have to wait.

You should come and join us at our monthly meet ups. It's every third Thursday of the month at Garrison's Bar in Sylvia Park. A few beers, a meal and good old chin wag.

Thanks for that, work permitting (and assuming there is no upper age restriction :-) ) I'll pop in...what time do you kick off and how would one identify the BMW chaps ?

There's no upper age limit, even I'm 62 and we usually kick off about 7.00pm. Just look out for the BMW flag, you'll find us there.

Looks nice and yeah i agree buy while the fuel relativity cheap.

Hey Duncan Welcome along! Good to see you joined bimmersport... did I make mention of it (?)

She looks like a good'n. Yip was not my car- guy from Palmy bought it. I'm still carless- particulalry BMW-less. Still waiting to find another 540 so we can compare notes. Has an issue with a car that still had money owing- was ready to buy last week but found money was owing ( Link ). I should really go back and have another look at the car. Might wait and see what turns up at Turners as well.

Car running well?

Adrian

You'll get a bit of respect in that car- turns heads for sure. My car had tints which looked good against white. Think about tinting

Hey Duncan Welcome along! Good to see you joined bimmersport... did I make mention of it (?)

She looks like a good'n. Yip was not my car- guy from Palmy bought it. I'm still carless- particulalry BMW-less. Still waiting to find another 540 so we can compare notes. Has an issue with a car that still had money owing- was ready to buy last week but found money was owing ( Link ). I should really go back and have another look at the car. Might wait and see what turns up at Turners as well.

Car running well?

Adrian

Hi Adrian, nah stumbled on the website myself and it's amazing amount of collective knowledge !!. All good with the car, had an unplanned run down to Napier and back just after I got it and managed 10lt / 100km going down with 2 of us (interestingly 11lt on the way back with just me :-) ) so was pretty pleased with that. Planning to go into Botany Auto Worx (Glenn?) to arrange for fluid changes, general go over etc as it appears about due.

Hopefully we'll catch up soon

D

Welcome, nice to have another e34 540i owner on the board :).

Looks great.

edit - i noticed you're checking my gallery, unfortunately I havn't gotten around to updating it. For more up to date pics, check here :)

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=18218

Edited by Creaver

I am another East aucklander. Bucklands Beach. Will wave out if I see you. Keep an eye open for a white 4 door E30 Race car running around the area. Very noisy. Hard to miss. Been looking at an E34 or E39 as a tow car. Yours looks nice.

Edited by driftit

I am another East aucklander. Bucklands Beach. Will wave out if I see you. Keep an eye open for a white 4 door E30 Race car running around the area. Very noisy. Hard to miss. Been looking at an E34 or E39 as a tow car. Yours looks nice.

Think I saw you on TiRakau a little while back jumping onto the Waipuna bridge. Was wondering what the race car was doing cruising around.

Thanks....I'll keep my eye's and ear's open....and remove my towbar :-)

Welcome, nice to have another e34 540i owner on the board :).

Looks great.

edit - i noticed you're checking my gallery, unfortunately I havn't gotten around to updating it. For more up to date pics, check here :)

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=18218

Looks GR8 !!

Yeah would have been me. Running it in.

Welcome,

I just bought a E39 540i and Saturday. They aren't as bad as everyone reckons they are on gas, plus who buys a V8 for gas. If you wan economy buy a cheaper car and sove the money that way.

I live in Levin and one the trip down here with AC on I got 9.2KM/L according to the onboard which worked out about right may have been about 0.2% out. But I can only imagine these people in an econobox swift driving at 18.15KM/L (a firend drove one yesterday to Kaitaia at that) being so utterly uncomfortable. :)

We 540 owners don't have that issue.