Sign in to follow this  
JiB

JiB's POS

30th Oct '08:

I decided posting old cellphone pics for e-props on the internet is more amusing than studying metaphysics.

Sorry for the shitty cellphone pics. Will get real ones once I've found the SLR/finished moving. Without further ado I present the Rangi Motor Werks demo car :P

Current wheels are:

BBS RS 15x6.5 16p with R888's 205/50/15, Volk SE37K 16x7 13p 16x8 18p 205/50/16 Toyos.

It's a 325i E30. With LSD.

Standard motor (even down to the BMW paper filter).

Suspension:

Offset bushes

Ground Control adjustable platforms.

Modded front struts

Koni Yellow SA's

Ground Control Bump stops

Ground Control adjustable Camber/Castor plates

Ground Control solid aluminium mounts

Springs are race springs 65mm front 60mm rear.

525lb Eibach or 475lb Kings Prokit

650lb Eibach rear

Brakes:

Znoelli S12

EBC Yellow

Braided Lines

RBF600

Running mad camber 3deg+ all round and MAX castor :lol: . Shitty DoF on cellphone makes offset look a bit lame/car a bit high. Sump was 70mm off the ground in these pics <_< Check out the last pic, both wheels are off the ground...tiiiiiiiiny tiiiiiiiiny shocks :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Soon to come Hopefully by end of November:

-Baller as 4 pot/2 pot brakes circa ~300mm rotors

-Roll cage

-Maybe its first clean. :lol:

BIG THANKS:

-CamB (he basically owns the car atm)

-Driftit for helping me out

----------------------------------------------------------------

17th Nov '08

Did the Kemp Rd hillclimb yesterday in this:

Posted Image

Why yes, that is another shitty cellphone pic. DSLR is still AWOL.

Pics of Hillclimb and results to come, once MGCC puts them up.

Car booked in for cage this afternoon B)

10th December '08

Been scraping/stripping the track hack like there's no tomorrow. About half a wheelie bin's worth of insulation has come out haha. Some of the cage has been tacked in - should end up as a 8pt jungle gym. :lol:

No moar sun roof :(

Posted Image

I can has jungle gym B)

Posted Image

23 December 08

After busting my ass painting, modding, cutting, reassembling......it's home 8)

Just some happy snaps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------

17th January 09

Quick update with happy snaps:

New wheels on the way. 16x7 16x8 13p (worried they won't fit new brakes though <_< )

Posted Image

No moar airconz

Posted Image

Facelifting (thanks to Gus for the parts)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Front discs have FINALLY arrived! 300mmx26mm (heh, 16" wheel in the background for comparison)

Posted Image

Calipers 4piston front, 2piston rear (definitely needs a clean)

Posted Image

Edited by JiB

When I get my 325 going again we should get them out for some fun. Will just chuck my series cars wheels on it. Will be able to out brake me easily though. Mine has -3deg camber too. :lol:

Like it

Edited by tastic

PERFECT height. Good stuff man

LOL. It's been raised about 20mm now, but at least the springs are captive. It's also helped reduce the rear camber.

Further info - the car is running hubcentric bolt-on 4x100 to 4x114 spacers, which is why those wheels all fit.

It actually goes pretty well for 320,000km.

E-Props to you, cool old 325i! So jealous of some of those suspension bits B)

BTW, Znoelli's and EBC's will be up for sale once new brakes are in. They're basically new, done ~4000km with them. Including calipers B)

When I get my 325 going again we should get them out for some fun. Will just chuck my series cars wheels on it. Will be able to out brake me easily though. Mine has -3deg camber too. :lol:

Yeah man, keen. Jspec/Gspec Touge run :P

Nah, I'll still be a big wuss haha. Will go from ricer => ricer with big brakes :lol:

PERFECT height. Good stuff man

Aethetically, it needs to be a bit lower than pictures :ph34r:

Might be a dick and lower it for pictures when I'm bored in the holidays :lol: Hardparker style!

LOL. It's been raised about 20mm now, but at least the springs are captive. It's also helped reduce the rear camber.

Further info - the car is running hubcentric bolt-on 4x100 to 4x114 spacers, which is why those wheels all fit.

It actually goes pretty well for 320,000km.

Shush Cam, I wanted to be all baller with low offset wheels :(

But yeah, they're all hubcentric and legit, gave up looking for suitable wheels, especially wheels with big enough x factor for brakes! Expensive exercise though, needed short studs installed + spacers + cert.

Plus side is selection of available wheels is a little larger...but not as much as I expected..

E-Props to you, cool old 325i! So jealous of some of those suspension bits B)

Woo! E props! Thanks, most of the suspension bits are supreme overkill for a road car though. But I highly recommend getting as much castor as possible. :)

very cool, I quite like those Volks. I take it those offsets are with the adapters included? worked out pretty good.

Curious as to why you didn't do the camber/toe adjustment in the back, especially if you were planning on running it so low?

stripping the interior or other weight reduction? or still keeping it reasonably road car worthy?

very cool, I quite like those Volks. I take it those offsets are with the adapters included? worked out pretty good.

Curious as to why you didn't do the camber/toe adjustment in the back, especially if you were planning on running it so low?

stripping the interior or other weight reduction? or still keeping it reasonably road car worthy?

Nah not planning on running it low at all, only want it low for aesthetic reasons....which are the wrong reasons for the purposes of this car. Will be quite high for hillclimb/track duties.

Interior is stripped. Fibre glass seats.

Aircon coming out when cage goes in. Sound deadening will be dealt with when I can be bothered.

Part of me wants to keep sun roof cos I like it. But it should go...15kg worth of stuff in the wrong place.

JiB's mentioning the good bits, not the bad bits!

Rear subframe bushings, diff bushings, and trailing arm bushings have seen better days. It is possible they are 320,000km old. Fixing them up is on the "to do" list, but decent alternatives (eg the camber/toe correcting trailing arm bushes) are quite expensive and JiB's quite cheap.

Plus it was a crap job on my 2002 so its probably a crap job on an E30.

Looks good brother, needs to be lower through for the hardparking posing.. :P (hillclimbs/trackdays you can get away with that finger/tyre gap)

Totally digging the wheels in the last pic. More photos of those

Let me know if you need a hand pulling sound deadening / aircon etc out... I love that stuff!

Edited by Mattzy

Looks good brother, needs to be lower through for the hardparking posing.. :P (hillclimbs/trackdays you can get away with that finger/tyre gap)

Totally digging the wheels in the last pic. More photos of those

Let me know if you need a hand pulling sound deadening / aircon etc out... I love that stuff!

The silver/polished ones? Yeah, I'll get round to more photos, but like EVERYTHING on the car they need a damn good clean.

Little bit of tucking for hardparking would be nice. Despite being a hardout ricer, I'll be keeping it 4x4 95% of the time - would rather sacrifice baller status for the ability to thrash the car without leaving my sump behind.

Yes! I will need all the help I can get with stripping. Want to be ~1100kg with cage and liquids :D

The silver/polished ones? Yeah, I'll get round to more photos, but like EVERYTHING on the car they need a damn good clean.

Little bit of tucking for hardparking would be nice. Despite being a hardout ricer, I'll be keeping it 4x4 95% of the time - would rather sacrifice baller status for the ability to thrash the car without leaving my sump behind.

Yes! I will need all the help I can get with stripping. Want to be ~1100kg with cage and liquids :D

I see what you mean - E30 sumps do dangle rather low!

Yeah bro all good - holla when you need a hand!

I see what you mean - E30 sumps do dangle rather low!

"Also need the springs captive for some sweet jumps" - Napolean Dynamite, paraphrased, CamB.

Sledgehammers pull the best jumps I hear.

Have you got a sump gaurd for your car?

Sledgehammers pull the best jumps I hear.

Have you got a sump gaurd for your car?

Nup. Broken M20 = Boosted Nissan motor :ph34r:

On a more sensible note, I should probably get a sump guard if I get more serious about hillclimbs.

Got any interior pics? Keen to pick up some ideas for how to finish mine off :P

Got any interior pics? Keen to pick up some ideas for how to finish mine off :P

Soz, interior is pretty rubbish atm. Will post once the bling bling seats and roll cage are in. Expect bright, mismatched colours.

edit: have a look in the Imola thread. Only interior pic I got.

Edited by JiB

You going to custom make a sump gaurd or find a genuine one?

You going to custom make a sump gaurd or find a genuine one?

Make it myself. 3mm marine grade. Expensive though, and there's a lot more important things to spend money on at the moment..

Because I'm a bit of a geek, I have plans for playing with underbody aero when time/money permits.

Genuine is like 15kg's or something!

my genuine sump guard was 9.8kg excl bolts. which isnt really that heavy.

Edited by bmw3

I like it.

What harnesses are you using? And have you got them bolted into the rear seatbelt mounts?