Sign in to follow this  
JiB

JiB's POS

I like it.

What harnesses are you using? And have you got them bolted into the rear seatbelt mounts?

Rear seat mounts and had to make a mount up to MSNZ specs on the gearbox side. Am using FIA MONZA 6pt ones - but with 4 pts installed. Other 2pts going in w/ the cage.

I wouldn't recommend harnesses in a road car to be honest. Would be a lot of hassle, uncomfortable, just general PITA. I'd imagine they'd be all over the place on a conventional seat too :wacko:

If I were to do it all again, I would've tried to keep the harnesses for secondary use on track and standard seat belt for road use. And without a cage, I'd just do the driver's side and leave the passenger as standard.

Harnesses are Monza FIA approved ones. They expire after 5 years. For that reason you can buy expired harnesses (ok for trackdays) for cheap cheap. Not suitable for an Authority Card (Motorsport NZ) based WOF though.

Eye bolts in the lower rear seatbelt mounts and the outer lower front seat mount, and eyebolts mounted into a plate (to Motorsport specifications) through the transmission tunnel on the lower inside. I **think** JiB got the plate from The Bolt Shop, but am not certain. The plate sandwiches the body, has a minimum size to meet, and you have to rivet it (drilling holes in the corners) in place, from memory.

Like this (although in stock, LOL):

http://www.thomsonmotors.net/shop/OMP+Prod...teel+plate.html

(edit) Ooops, beaten to it.

To add to what JiB said, while harnesses might be a hassle, if you keep the seatbelt you need to find a way of keeping the standard seatbelt buckle with an aftermarket seat, which is not easy.

Edited by CamB

Seatbelt shop, Silverfield Rd, Glenfield.

Talk to your local certifier that can do Authority Cards and they'll point you in the right direction.

Ahh I see, cheers for that. Will have to look into it after the 2.5 :D

Don't forget ... aircon removed rather than just cutting the belt, haha. Another approx 5-6kg there.

Seatbelt shop, Silverfield Rd, Glenfield.

Talk to your local certifier that can do Authority Cards and they'll point you in the right direction.

we have FIA approved 6 point belts in stock! they come with all bolts etc and expire 2013.

Price to fellow Bimmersporters $229

Don't forget ... aircon removed rather than just cutting the belt, haha. Another approx 5-6kg there.

Lol, more when the piping is out. I'm thinking an optimistic 40kg+ has been removed inc sun roof haha.

Although, you did the aircon, I've got grazed knuckles :lol:

we have FIA approved 6 point belts in stock! they come with all bolts etc and expire 2013.

Price to fellow Bimmersporters $229

If you read CamB's post above that: you will still need to visit the Seatbelt shop for the plates to mount the bolts. Trans tunnel side.

Seatbelt shop does not do harnesses.

I still would not recommend harnesses in a street car. However, $229 is a reasonable price.

Haha got gussets?! Those monkeybars look awesome!

PS sell me your shift boot. That stuff is like -20 street creds on a track car ;)

Love the colour.

What are you doing/ done with the sunroof hole?

Looking awesome!

Cheers :)

Haha got gussets?! Those monkeybars look awesome!

PS sell me your shift boot. That stuff is like -20 street creds on a track car ;)

A and B pillars have been gusseted = super stiff :D

Oh noes! That puts me into deficit street creds :(

Hmmm, shift boot is basically brand new....without it the gearknob looks wack. But hey, I don't really need it. Find me a nicer gearknob and I'll consider selling the boot :P

Love the colour.

What are you doing/ done with the sunroof hole?

Thanks :) I wanted the most offensive green I could find - Car Colours obliged :P

Sunroof is using the old skin bolted onto some brackets that were made up. I'll urethane around it and call it done for now. I'll replace it with ABS/glass or something lighter later.

Jonathan I love ur car, totally undercover q ship badassness but also a mix of shout at me ricer styles with the fluro cage. I love it! I want....shouldve bought it when you were selling it.....hahahaha

Best of luck getting it on the track :)

I am in fact a self proclaimed ricer. It's gonna take a decent amount of money to make me part with the car now :lol:

Big to-do list before it sees any thrashing yet :(

So did you have to get rid of the sunroof?

Quick update, first post.

New Wheels, brakes, front

Sicker than Aids dude! Red bumper, green cage, better offset wheels.. your car just keeps getting better.

So did you have to get rid of the sunroof?

Well, all the heavy bits are gone. Sunroof skin will be urethaned in place.

Sicker than Aids dude! Red bumper, green cage, better offset wheels.. your car just keeps getting better.

Lol, thanks, not sure the red bumper is considered a plus point though!

Nice nice nice nice!

Thinking about doing the same thing with the sunroof, it's totally pointless. Probably get some very very dark perspex cut to shape and sealed in place.

The A/C pump weighs 13KG! Insane eh. (Bathroom scales, out of last e30) Plus the rad and piping, good weight to lose.

Are you looking at a Fi-glass bonnet? If not cut a nice big hole in it, just behind the rad, cooling effects it makes are substantial. Fill in with a fi-glass grill or something to your liking.

:D Did I mention Nice!

Are you looking at a Fi-glass bonnet? If not cut a nice big hole in it, just behind the rad, cooling effects it makes are substantial. Fill in with a fi-glass grill or something to your liking.

:D Did I mention Nice!

Cheers mate. Can't justify spending money on a fibre bonnet atm - even if I wanted to take more weight out of the nose.

Anyways, mini update time. Change of plans:

Originally my goal was (had sourced the vw lip and everything):

Posted Image

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=120667

Then I decided I liked this more:

Posted Image

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=103332

And so, I have a delphin tech1 kit I'm attempting to fit:

Posted Image

The blingy wheels I bought:

Posted Image

And about to get some delphin in a can so I can colour code the chrome and the black plastic :)

To be honest one of the main reasons I went for tech1 instead of the totally awesome FL look is because I wanted to keep factory towhooks, and PFL rear ends suck without a kit. Also, I'm a cheap bastard - my planned pick-a-part/trademe bits kit would've cost me about the same to modify, fit and paint as the delphin tech1 I acquired.

I should really concentrate less on pretty things and more on getting my car legal again :lol:

So didya clean the brakes like you promised in the first post?